Comics All-New Amazing Spider-Man

Peter says that Silk is just ne of the things that was revealed to him. And seeing as she was trapped all these years, he went to rescue her over dealing with his personal issues. That IS how Peter should be written.

Really? His marriage of years doesn't even get a thought bubble or a panel of angst? Yeah, like I believe that.

There is supposed to be a world-wide Eye Blast coming up.
That will reveal everything to everyone.
At least, that is what I feel is implied by the interviews and solicits.

Also, I really do NOT like what they are doing with Nick Fury by setting him up to be a bad guy!

Also, I really do NOT like what they are doing with Nick Fury by setting him up to be a bad guy!

Aloha,
Nick Fury is the Ultimate Spy Guy. He's not bad just very very sneaky. It may not even be Nick it could be a LMD.:whatever:
Spidey rules

Sooooo…. Watcher's eye lets Peter see latest plot-device Silk being kept in some spider-jail, but not his mystically erased marriage and baby girl. Ah, got it.

And then….. he makes out with her. Because they just had such strong chemistry during the 10 pages they met.

God, this book is terrible these days. :(

Aloha,
How many years did it take before the Clone saga in ANY form was ever mentioned again? Once Marvel decides a change in course, it remains changed for at least a few years if not longer. Just for clarity sake-did Peter ever forget that he was married or that he and MJ had a child?
Spidey rules

Last edited:
Aloha,
How many years did it take before the Clone saga in ANY form was ever mentioned again? Once Marvel decides a change in course, it remains changed for at least a few years if not longer. Just for clarity sake-did Peter ever forget that he was married or that he and MJ had a child?
Spidey rules

Yes.I believe he forgot that and the new timeline is now that they never got married. He never showed up to the wedding due to Spider-Man related crap. And I think the daughter thing was "forgotten" long before that. Didn't the daughter thing happen in the 90's?

I think according to the new Marvel timeline, neither the baby nor the marriage ever happened, so there's nothing to "forget" because according to Peter & MJ. it never happened...

Now let's hear from all the "I have 20 years worth of comics that state otehrwise" haters... lol

:yay:

Sooooo…. Watcher's eye lets Peter see latest plot-device Silk being kept in some spider-jail, but not his mystically erased marriage and baby girl. Ah, got it.

When I read the issue, that definitely ran through my mind.

Peter says that Silk is just ne of the things that was revealed to him. And seeing as she was trapped all these years, he went to rescue her over dealing with his personal issues. That IS how Peter should be written.

You have a certain point, but...

Really? His marriage of years doesn't even get a thought bubble or a panel of angst? Yeah, like I believe that.

Seriously! Realizing he sold away his marriage (and in effect Baby May) to Mephisto would be something SERIOUSLY Earth-shattering to him!

Yeah, but although emotionally, I wanted them to deal with the Mephisto deal, my rational side knew that Marvel wasn't (and still won't in this Original Sin storyline) going to address it. I knew it because..

Aloha,
How many years did it take before the Clone saga in ANY form was ever mentioned again? Once Marvel decides a change in course, it remains changed for at least a few years if not longer.

That's exactly what I was going to say. It was years and years before Marvel ever addressed the Clone Saga mess. As far as Joe Q is concerned, he got his wish, Pete is single and no reason to ever mention OMD ever again.

To Marvel, it just never happened.

I think according to the new Marvel timeline, neither the baby nor the marriage ever happened, so there's nothing to "forget" because according to Peter & MJ. it never happened...

Ah, as TMOB gleefully beat me to it...

Now let's hear from all the "I have 20 years worth of comics that state otehrwise" haters... lol

250px-Asmannual21.jpg

spider-manwedding.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Man220.jpg

I have TWENTY YEARS worth of comics that say otherwise!!! :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

You KNEW I was coming, 'bats! :woot:

:oldrazz:

Just got that issue at a recent comic con where I live :up:

Out of curiosity, is anyone reading the Learning to Crawl series by Dan Slott? I read 1.1 last week and bought 1.2 today (no spoilers please).

I actually dig the angle Slott took on Peter's origin and the art is really nice as well. Love the covers so far, too.

Just got that issue at a recent comic con where I live :up:

Out of curiosity, is anyone reading the Learning to Crawl series by Dan Slott? I read 1.1 last week and bought 1.2 today (no spoilers please).

I actually dig the angle Slott took on Peter's origin and the art is really nice as well. Love the covers so far, too.

Is anyone reading the Point# Specials?

Aloha,
Not familiar. What's it all about?
Spidey rules

They are the Learning to Crawl issues.

Aloha,
Don't confuse old brains:huh:. Yes , I've read the first three issues.I always enjoyed the Untold Tales concept.
Spidey rules

I love Untold Tales, but those didn't shoehorn in tech that was never there to begin with.

And this story doesn't mesh as well as the Untold Tales series did.
Here you go.
Welcome to the site.

I'm really digging this Silk character.

It's refreshing to have Peter back, although kinda odd he came back in the Ultimate Universe at the same time.

Just got caught up a week or so ago, and, although I don't hate Silk, yet, this was PAINFULLY shoe-horned in there to coincide with Original Sin. PAINFULLY. I liked the way the story was progressing without this mess. Of course, this will lead to Spider-Verse, which I also won't be reading. Sorry, budget contraints out the whazoo mean that I only read the core books, now. Hopefully, that won't interfere wit my enjoyment of the main title, but, if ASM#4 is any indicator, I'm worried.

And then….. he makes out with her. Because they just had such strong chemistry during the 10 pages they met.

I am glad I have not picked it up now since Superior Spider-Man ended.

this title is just a complete joke now and a hopelessly pitiful and pathetic shadow of it's former self... this book has completely lost it for me... after 50 years of faithfully reading my favorite character and his adventures in all his various titles, I really give up and I'm done with it... this is not the Spidey I know... the book and the character are completely unrecognizable to me... let the younger reader of today who thinks this is some good stuffs have it... to ME, this book IS the s**t... in the worst possible way... so long, Spidey, it's been a helluva ride... :csad:

I'm not that experienced with Spider-Man comic books like you guys are since I'm 17 and I started reading it with seven years but after One more day i completely abandoned the comics,i tried to return by reading Spider-Man #700 but it just got me even more way.

Still buy some well received and special editions though.

this title is just a complete joke now and a hopelessly pitiful and pathetic shadow of it's former self... this book has completely lost it for me... after 50 years of faithfully reading my favorite character and his adventures in all his various titles, I really give up and I'm done with it... this is not the Spidey I know... the book and the character are completely unrecognizable to me... let the younger reader of today who thinks this is some good stuffs have it... to ME, this book IS the s**t... in the worst possible way... so long, Spidey, it's been a helluva ride... :csad:

Hey, Thunder, I know we don't have the same opinion on Slott and I'll admit the title has been a bit bumpy since Pete's return. But, after robo-parents, I Am the Spider/Peter No More, Clone Saga (the Pete you've been reading for 20 years is a clone reveal), Sins Past, The Other, One More Day, and Brand New Day, NOW you're done with Spidey? :huh:

Hey, Thunder, I know we don't have the same opinion on Slott and I'll admit the title has been a bit bumpy since Pete's return. But, after robo-parents, I Am the Spider/Peter No More, Clone Saga (the Pete you've been reading for 20 years is a clone reveal), Sins Past, The Other, One More Day, and Brand New Day, NOW you're done with Spidey? :huh:

I gave it that chance, hoping against hope that the title would improve and evolve to my liking, but it hasn't... I'm patient as all hell, but patience and tolerance only goes so far.. the events you reference was merely the seeds of the deterioration... it's actually taken THAT long for it all to fester and grow till it's all an uncontrollable mess in later years till it is what is is today... and sad to say, I don't see it improving, Gnomey... as for Slott, he has some redeeming qualities, but he's not my favorite, but that's another story... it was just a slow progression of crap that's started as a little turd and just slowly grew into a s**t-heap, which is what the book has morphed into... at least iMho... and that's all it's worth really... my two cents... it's just all so disheartening to me, Gnomey... and that's a sad shame for a character that I've invested most of my life to... I just don't know how else to put it... :csad:

Well, That is sad, Thunder. I know you've been there since the beginning. As someone who started 10 years later, I've been through 40 years up and down. High points being the 70's Andru years and the 80's Hobgoblin era and the late 80's early 90's MacFarlane/Larsen years. The downs were those that I mentioned in my previous post. The lowest of the lows would be the OMD/BND mess. Man, if anything would stop me it was that.

But, for me, Slott righted the ship with Big Time. His knowledge of continuity, weaving subplots that are hinted throughout the issues, and sense of humor has been a bright spot for Spidey for me (certainly nothing good in TV or films right now). I mean the only thing I wish they would do is stop messing around and put Pete & MJ back together. (That "MJ Appreciation" Thread on the Spidey-World boards here remind me why I still hold a grudge with Joe Q)

I still have to read this new issue and see where Slott goes with this. Wish you would do the same, but hey, no sense putting yourself through it if you don't enjoy it.

yeah, like I said, I've invested so much of me to the character and the book... yeah, even during the classic years, there were some highs and lows, some good and bad, but not like it's been these last few years, in MY eyes... you ride out the good with the bad, because you knew that it would work itself out... the hope that the good would keep you with it, so you stick with it thru the lows... and I HAVE stuck with it over the years, longer than what I should have, but it's been a slow decline over the years that's snowballed downwards into a mess of ignoring continuity and retconning, among other things, both of which pisses me off to no end... Joe Quesadilla is the one person I have a serious beef with... the art has been another major problem with me, but we all know what my thoughts are on that, so I won't rehash my intense dislike of certain artists... the book has just lost that magic that it once had... it's just not fun anymore... and it's not a matter of my personal tastes and likes that are changing, it's NOT... I WANT the book and the character to improve, you keep hoping that it'll get better, but to ME, it's not looking that way... but I can only go so far with the character and the book and I just have to get off the bus at long last... :csad:... the ride is over and it's time to leave the book in the hands of today's readers...

Last edited:
I've been back and forth on the title as of late, but I'm really hating this arc. I hate how single-minded Felicia has become and holy crap....I like some of the concept of Silk, but the execution leaves a bit to be desired for me. And uhgh...all the Spider-heat business...

Having started to read Spidey comics in 1975 (watching the cartoons in 1972), I agree with TS in all those items Gnomes listed were the seeds of deterioration that made me give up Spidey in 1997... I only started buying the books again in 2001 when JMS came on board, and figured he could do something... imagine my disappointment when his run was all said and done... :dry:

Hope you come back again someday TS...

Having started to read Spidey comics in 1975 (watching the cartoons in 1972), I agree with TS in all those items Gnomes listed were the seeds of deterioration that made me give up Spidey in 1997... I only started buying the books again in 2001 when JMS came on board, and figured he could do something... imagine my disappointment when his run was all said and done... :dry:

Hope you come back again someday TS...

and it might be that when the title in all it's entirety of story and art vastly improves... I'll still be a lurker here and keep an eye on things and what's being said about the book... hoping that the best has got to be SOMEWHERE down the road...

I myself stopped collecting around the late 70's/early 80's, around the time MJ and Andru left. A lot of that had to do with starting high school as well. So since I wasn't enjoying the art or stories as much, I felt I was just moving on.

I rediscovered Spidey near the end of high school, beginning of college with the start of the Hobgoblin era (and the return of MJ). I enjoyed that era.

At some point, I had a subscription to Amazing, but had started buying from a comic book store. Since it was the "investment" era of the 90's :whatever: , I bought Spidey at the store and continued my subscription.

But, when it was revealed that the Pete I had been reading for 20 years was a clone, I was furious. I let my subscription run out, after sending a nasty letter. However, since I stopped for a while in the early 80's only to come back and then having to buy back issues to fill up the hole, I decided that I would still buy, in hopes that Marvel changed their mind. Luckily, my patience paid off, and they corrected this error.

There were other low points both before and after the "clone reveal" as I had mentioned. But, then the worst was OMD. But, again, I felt Marvel would eventually come to their senses and correct it, so I stayed the course. Unfortunately, they never did, and started to write Pete as someone I did not recognize, much like Thunder is complaining about.

However, for me, when Dan Slott took over with Big Time, he turned it around for me. Pete was no longer an idiot slacker. He was intelligent, but still had the Parker luck. He was funny again. Add to that, Dan's vast knowledge of continuity and the way he would weave subplots in the background, for me (with the exception of the MJ thing) the era started to feel like the ones I enjoyed in the 70's and 80's.

I happen to like this new arc and want to see where it leads. The Black Cat thing is part of the Doc Ock fallout Pete has to deal with. Frankly, I thought he would have to deal with more. And the making out with Silk thing? We know it's part of the spider mumbo-jumbo (which I can take or leave), so it's not like the idiotic out-of-character drunken hook-up they came up with in BND. And I may be the only one here, but i LIKE the art.

So to me, it seems an odd time to quit the comic. But, I understand Thunder's frustration. I know we definitely have opposite opinions on the art, and if he doesn't feel this is Spidey/Pete (much like how I feel he is shown in Ultimate cartoon and the (un)Amazing movies), then I understand not paying $4.99 for something that was originally a 12 cent investment.

Besides, I know how stubborn old men get. :oldrazz:

I hope the comic changes at some point to bring you back, Thunder. :yay:

As long as they don't change it so I won't like it. :oldrazz:

:csad:

Add to the fact that he cannot STAND the Ramos art, and it makes his decision much easier... having said that, I hope he comes back soon... but it would appear that we all needed some kind of break at one point or another... :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"