Comics All-New Amazing Spider-Man

Eh...I can see why you would ask that :csad:

But regardless, that's awesome.

Come to think of it, I've never known a Gwen in my life.

Lol. I've never known a Gwen, a Mary Jane, a Felicia, a May, a Marcy, a Cissy, an April, a Jean, a Carlie, a Glory, or a Betty.

But I have known a Michelle, a Liz, a Debra, and a Mary.

Such loving name :hrt:

I recently bought the issue when Peter frees Silk and damn...I thought the comics were getting good again.

I guess that i will stick with the original ASMs for a long time.

Me too.

Last edited:
I've known a:
Liz
Betty
Gwen
Deb
Mary
April
Joy
Candi
Kristy
Caroline
Michelle

No go for:
Sally
Felicia
Cissy
Carlie
Randi
Sandi
Bambi

--------
I can't think anymore, it is really late/early....

Lol. I've never known a Gwen, a Mary Jane, a Felicia, a May, a Marcy, a Cissy, an April, a Jean, a Carlie, a Glory, or a Betty.

But I have known a Michelle, a Liz, a Debra, and a Mary.

Me too.

The only ones I've known out of those are a Mary, Michelle, April, and Carlie.

Mary Armstrong was the name of the first girl I ever had a crush on in the first grade :funny:

I ran into her earlier this year, actually.

Huh...soooo did anyone read the latest issue? I...I don't know if I can make it to Spiderverse. I've liked Slott's writing since She-Hulk, I've liked it in Spider Island, but I...I have so much distaste for what's been going on.

Where do I begin? I really hate what's being done with Black Cat. I get it, comics are fluid and everyone's got their own ideas and treatments of characters, but this whole new angle for Felicia is ridiculous.

She's so fueled by anger that she's willing to kill Electro, Spider-man and everyone in the vicinity...because her "rep" is tarnished.

"No Spider! IF anything, I'm gonna watch you BURN! Whatever we had once......that made me weak. Cost me Everything! You Were Always the unluckiest part of my life! And my new life starts when yours ends!"

Seriously? I find this ridiculous, and I'm a guy who has enjoyed Eddie Brock from inception to his current run as Toxin.

I get that Felicia is humiliated from getting jailed by SPock/POtto, but all of a sudden she cares so much about a non-existant reputation in the criminal underworld. Prior to OMD she founde an investigative organization and worked with Misty Knight and Colleen Wing, and ever before that she's fought alongside Spidey for years...I think the criminals would notice. Hey, but let's keep it current, in the arc where Carlie was investigating the Goblin gangs, Felicia even made a mention about Spidey putting in a good word to the Avengers for her.

Her just trying to fill the void of the Kingpin is so dramatically different. She's downright evil now.

Silk hasn't made any positive impression on me, she's got potential, but so far all she seems to do, is be better than Pete about a bunch of stuff without any build up. Okay, she's been in a bunker for a decade with not much to do, so I can understand her not being a rookie with her powers, but the same Spider bit the both of them and she has a better Spider sense? I could take that better if we got some insight to her pushing her limits while holed up in the bunker, but things just spring forth easy.

"Hey, need insulated webbing? I can make that!" I think a moment where her and Pete test her capabilities and come to the conclusion that she can do that would work better, it just makes me wonder how she knows she can make insulated webbing? IF she had some minor experience with fighting villains before, I could get how she would have done so well, but right off the bat she's handling a situation that easily trumps Pete like it's a walk in the park. I just feel like things are rushed out and not as developed with her.

Also, Pete and Silk constantly making out like two feral teenagers in heat is getting really weird and uncomfortable fast...

I'm flapping my gums here, but anyone else has thoughts on this?

I feel the same way you do Dingo!
I kind of see them doing a quick push to get Silk into the limelight so that they can have Peter back away from being Spider-Man.
There have been comments earlier this year that make it sounds like this is what they are planning.

Huh...soooo did anyone read the latest issue? I...I don't know if I can make it to Spiderverse. I've liked Slott's writing since She-Hulk, I've liked it in Spider Island, but I...I have so much distaste for what's been going on.

Where do I begin? I really hate what's being done with Black Cat. I get it, comics are fluid and everyone's got their own ideas and treatments of characters, but this whole new angle for Felicia is ridiculous.

She's so fueled by anger that she's willing to kill Electro, Spider-man and everyone in the vicinity...because her "rep" is tarnished.

"No Spider! IF anything, I'm gonna watch you BURN! Whatever we had once......that made me weak. Cost me Everything! You Were Always the unluckiest part of my life! And my new life starts when yours ends!"

Seriously? I find this ridiculous, and I'm a guy who has enjoyed Eddie Brock from inception to his current run as Toxin.

I get that Felicia is humiliated from getting jailed by SPock/POtto, but all of a sudden she cares so much about a non-existant reputation in the criminal underworld. Prior to OMD she founde an investigative organization and worked with Misty Knight and Colleen Wing, and ever before that she's fought alongside Spidey for years...I think the criminals would notice. Hey, but let's keep it current, in the arc where Carlie was investigating the Goblin gangs, Felicia even made a mention about Spidey putting in a good word to the Avengers for her.

Her just trying to fill the void of the Kingpin is so dramatically different. She's downright evil now.

Silk hasn't made any positive impression on me, she's got potential, but so far all she seems to do, is be better than Pete about a bunch of stuff without any build up. Okay, she's been in a bunker for a decade with not much to do, so I can understand her not being a rookie with her powers, but the same Spider bit the both of them and she has a better Spider sense? I could take that better if we got some insight to her pushing her limits while holed up in the bunker, but things just spring forth easy.

"Hey, need insulated webbing? I can make that!" I think a moment where her and Pete test her capabilities and come to the conclusion that she can do that would work better, it just makes me wonder how she knows she can make insulated webbing? IF she had some minor experience with fighting villains before, I could get how she would have done so well, but right off the bat she's handling a situation that easily trumps Pete like it's a walk in the park. I just feel like things are rushed out and not as developed with her.

Also, Pete and Silk constantly making out like two feral teenagers in heat is getting really weird and uncomfortable fast...

I'm flapping my gums here, but anyone else has thoughts on this?

Precisely :up:

I guess I am in the minority but I am enjoying this story.

I enjoyed this story as well. I love Black-Cat and while I am sad that Spidey and her won't be lovey for a while, it's a very interesting turn for her. having her identity revealed and now she is becoming a crime boss. I like this take, ALTHOUGH I also know that recently Catwoman did the exact same thing over at DC...

Anyway. Black Cat was just so ruthless when it came to using Electro. I've never seen her so manipulative before.

He did!
That's why I was curious to know if they both watched Amazing Spider-Man 2...:wow:

Sorry for the delayed response!! Been getting ready for a convention this weekend!

YES! We saw Amazing Spider-Man 2 the night before it came out. She KNEW going into it what might happen. I reminded her of what I already knew was going to happen. I remember her awesome response to me telling her Gwen may die: "It's okay, Daddy. She died in the comics, too, right? Green Goblin killed her."
(yes, she is THAT cool. And only 6....)

Despite all of that...
...she didn't like the movie because Gwen died. Of course, she didn't like Dark Knight Rises because Talia died, also. (She loved her from the cartoon)

Of course, whenever I rewatch ASM2 on DVD (weekly, sorry...but I'm a fan), I catch a little girl sniggling with Daddy and brother (age 2) on the couch watching it. I just think she hasn't learned that a tragic movie can still be liked.

I enjoyed this story as well. I love Black-Cat and while I am sad that Spidey and her won't be lovey for a while, it's a very interesting turn for her. having her identity revealed and now she is becoming a crime boss. I like this take, ALTHOUGH I also know that recently Catwoman did the exact same thing over at DC...

Anyway. Black Cat was just so ruthless when it came to using Electro. I've never seen her so manipulative before.

Her Identity was never a secret!!!!
Sorry for the delayed response!! Been getting ready for a convention this weekend!

YES! We saw Amazing Spider-Man 2 the night before it came out. She KNEW going into it what might happen. I reminded her of what I already knew was going to happen. I remember her awesome response to me telling her Gwen may die: "It's okay, Daddy. She died in the comics, too, right? Green Goblin killed her."

Despite all of that...
...she didn't like the movie because Gwen died. Of course, she didn't like Dark Knight Rises because Talia died, also. (She loved her from the cartoon)

Of course, whenever I rewatch ASM2 on DVD (weekly, sorry...but I'm a fan), I catch a little girl sniggling with Daddy and brother (age 2) on the couch watching it. I just think she hasn't learned that a tragic movie can still be liked.
No worries.
Awesome kid you got there. Only 1 and 2 years older than my Kyle and Jubilee!
DVD?... You gotta see it on Blu-Ray! OMG it is amazing, no pun intended.
The audio behind Electro is phenomenal!

Despite all of that...

Oh boy... :up::up::up:

This book's kinda just becoming there for me. I find myself being more excited and invested in the other books around Spidey's world than this one. I mean, it makes sense partially how things were handled with Peter being thrust back into life like nothing happened, but I wish this whole return and readjustment was handled differently.

I think there could have been room for even more moments to make a statement about the character after what's happened. I kinda dig Silk, though. Even though her saving Spidey's butt so many times got old. There wasn't enough of Spidey kicking the butts! Odd pacing and Felica's change in behavior wasn't explained well but... enjoyable first arc back despite stuff like that. I just wish Spidey's main book was the one I was really looking forward to every month.

Is anyone else confused by the inconsistent release schedule? Issue 6 came out three weeks after issue 5. And now we have to wait almost a whole month before issue 7. But issue eight is only two weeks after that.

What is going on with the eff-ing schedule?!

Is anyone else confused by the inconsistent release schedule? Issue 6 came out three weeks after issue 5. And now we have to wait almost a whole month before issue 7. But issue eight is only two weeks after that.

What is going on with the eff-ing schedule?!

Haha, then it becomes 2 issues a month with Spider-Verse in November. It's weird but also understandable how it just softly seems to be going back to the twice a month thing after Learning To Crawl is finishing up.

So I was expecting this latest issue to have more to do with Spider-Verse.
The back up issue was interesting, but it wasn't enough meat for me.
Also, I'm tired of Spider-Man being a guest in his own book.
Last arc focused on silk more than spidey, and now we have the new ms. marvel. They had some cute dialogue but why was a whole page wasted on her conversation at school? Just have her show up to help spidey. We don't need to know her teen drama when we should be focusing more on spider-man.

So I was expecting this latest issue to have more to do with Spider-Verse.
The back up issue was interesting, but it wasn't enough meat for me.
Also, I'm tired of Spider-Man being a guest in his own book.
Last arc focused on silk more than spidey, and now we have the new ms. marvel. They had some cute dialogue but why was a whole page wasted on her conversation at school? Just have her show up to help spidey. We don't need to know her teen drama when we should be focusing more on spider-man.

I'm ok with that at the minute, the whole book is gonna be Spider-Man/Men/Women/Girl/Monkey/Ham heavy for the next couple of months, that it doesn't matter that much. If it continues after Spider-Verse though then it'll get annoying real fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"