• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Blu-Ray/DVD Countdown Thread

From what I've seen, the only people who truly hate TASM2 are people who read comics or are Spider-Man fans. The majority of the GA seem to love it.

I'm not neccesarily saying it deserved a higher BO.

Just that the image of this barren wasteland where nobody cares enough to buy TASM2 on DVD is just plain false. People like to paint it as this apocalyptic situation where NOBODY bought it, and then boom #1 on the charts.

Some good news for Sony, and it puts to bed the "nobody cares" angle, and somewhat hurts the arguement that the series is dead.

Not too bad for the worst CBM ever regardless!

I don't think it deserves higher than some of its competition, but I think it deserves at least a little more than what it got.

This is why I was interested in hearing about how the DVD sales were doing. I thought I would wait a month before checking, but I'm glad danistheman12 picked up on that because it's exactly what I wanted to see.

At the end of the day, it's evident that the brand is still there (which I think Sony takes for granted at times). Most parents are bound to pick it up for their kids eventually when they're strolling in Wal-Mart, Target, or BestBuy.

Even when I went to pick my copy up, I saw a lot of kids, teenagers, and a couple of young adults like myself waiting in line. Additionally, you generally always see at least someone even in the aisles checking out Spider-Man action figures in these stores, or something related.

Maybe these numbers will fluctuate in a couple of weeks, but like you said, it's nice to see it doing well considering some people were already anointing it as "the worst CBM in history."

And, just for the record, most online gauges of fan reactions are filled with votes from people like us who post on superhero forums. It's not reflective of old sally down the street who flicked some dosh at the pictures.

And, just for the record, most online gauges of fan reactions are filled with votes from people like us who post on superhero forums. It's not reflective of old sally down the street who flicked some dosh at the pictures.

Yup.

As I've mentioned before, I have yet to hear a negative review from anyone I recommended this movie to.

Yup.

As I've mentioned before, I have yet to hear a negative review from anyone I recommended this movie to.

One of my friends didn't what to see the first one and just saw the second one just because some one he knows was watching it and he said he thought the movie was to chessy and didn't like harry but thought elector was cool and would give the movie a 3/10 and thinks tobey is a lot better then Andrew lol. I tried to get him to look at the thing about all the delected scences form the movie that was cut that would have made the movie a lot better but he was to stuber to look at them. Some on else I know said the movie was just badley made that he wont be watching it again. I don't think ether of them post on hear. It frusting because I don't know how people can say this movie is chessy but not have a problem with the other sm movies being chessy. Also I would say this movie really is a 50/50 split of either this movie is great or this movie sucks with no one that is like this movie is ok or kind of good. I think if sony didn't cut so much form the movie that it would be more like a 85/15 split of people likeing the movie has the cut stuff either completely elimated the problems in the movie or made the problems much much smaller.

I posted a review here when I saw the film back in April. I gave it a 6/10.

so i read that the DCCU will not have any jokes so the universe will be going fully dark which kinda destorys any charactertisitcs of each character including destorying some history with the characters of flash, green lantern, etc.

I posted a review here when I saw the film back in April. I gave it a 6/10.

Oh ok only a 6 but yet you still want to buy it? I mean a six is not bad but not great either. I tend to only buy movies I love.

From what I've seen, the only people who truly hate TASM2 are people who read comics or are Spider-Man fans. The majority of the GA seem to love it.

a few comic fans and spidey fans i know like the movie.

also, what do you guys think will be in the third movie?

One of my friends didn't what to see the first one and just saw the second one just because some one he knows was watching it and he said he thought the movie was to chessy and didn't like harry but thought elector was cool and would give the movie a 3/10 and thinks tobey is a lot better then Andrew lol. I tried to get him to look at the thing about all the delected scences form the movie that was cut that would have made the movie a lot better but he was to stuber to look at them. Some on else I know said the movie was just badley made that he wont be watching it again. I don't think ether of them post on hear. It frusting because I don't know how people can say this movie is chessy but not have a problem with the other sm movies being chessy. Also I would say this movie really is a 50/50 split of either this movie is great or this movie sucks with no one that is like this movie is ok or kind of good. I think if sony didn't cut so much form the movie that it would be more like a 85/15 split of people likeing the movie has the cut stuff either completely elimated the problems in the movie or made the problems much much smaller.

It's interesting because I went with a variety of people: once with my girlfriend, another time with my aunt and little cousin, the third time with my brother and dad, and the last time with one of my cousins who is a young adult like me (an avid fan and critic of movies).

I don't know if your friends are CBM fans, as that certainly makes a difference. But the other day I realized how diverse the people I went to see the movie with were, in regards to their ages and interests, and it made me wonder what demographic the bad reviews come from the most.

I think the reason the feedback is either very good or bad is because the movie has very good and bad moments. There are some scenes where you know they couldn't have executed it any better, but then there are also moments where you :doh:

I've seen it many times now and voiced a few of my minor complaints/concerns with the movie; but overall, I still love it. I've watched it multiple times just to try and understand how some people are dismissing it from top to bottom. However, I have yet to comprehend that. I think a movie should be open to criticism and that's why I have an open mind about it. I just can't process why some people are going as far as calling it "the worst CBM in history."

a few comic fans and spidey fans i know like the movie.

also, what do you guys think will be in the third movie?

He meant that generally the demographic that hates the movie's guts is people like you and I who analyze it in its entirety.

so i read that the DCCU will not have any jokes so the universe will be going fully dark which kinda destorys any charactertisitcs of each character including destorying some history with the characters of flash, green lantern, etc.

Huh? Is there a link for this info?

THIS MOVIE COMES OUT ON MONDAY AND THE BLU RAY COMES WITH A SPIDER-MAN MASK!! :mrk::mrk::mrk::mrk::mrk:

Sorry to be a party pooper to all those of you thinking TASM 2 doing well in DVD sales means it's a well loved movie. Woeful comic book movies like Ghost Rider, Wolverine Origins, and Green Lantern topped DVD sales, too;

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghost-rider-burns-rubber-video-139990

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/green-lantern-horrible-bosses-dvd-250777

http://www.movieweb.com/x-men-origins-wolverine-sweeps-the-dvd-sales-charts

Sometimes crap sells. It's how the likes of Michael Bay is able to stay in show business.

Last edited:
Lest not forget that there has been basically NOTHING noteworthy to release this month. The competition it has is....a Adam Sandler movie. Woo. Go quality. :dry:

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is likely selling becsuse parents buying it for their kids.

The movie still sucks and still performed worse than any other Spidey even with higher ticket prices AND 3D. That is pathetic.

Sorry to be a party pooper to all those of you thinking TASM 2 doing well in DVD sales means it's a well loved movie. Woeful comic book movies like Ghost Rider, Wolverine Origins, and Green Lantern topped DVD sales, too;

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghost-rider-burns-rubber-video-139990

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/green-lantern-horrible-bosses-dvd-250777

http://www.movieweb.com/x-men-origins-wolverine-sweeps-the-dvd-sales-charts

Sometimes crap sells. It's how the likes of Michael Bay is able to stay in show business.

We actually get the picture. No need to be a party pooping jerk about it

And there is still ANE, the joker and web head being haters and jerks. I cannot wait what Levi has to say-_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"