The Winter Soldier Captain America : The Winter Soldier Blu-Ray/DVD Countdown Thread

They didn't even have to produce new footage for extras. There was tons of stuff released by Marvel in the lead up to the movie from set interviews to B-Roll footage. They couldn't even be bothered to toss in trailers or ads.

Also, there are more extras out there produced for DVD tie-ins. Target has a Making Of extra no one can seem to download and there were two featurettes on the Japan DVD that are making the rounds - one on the making of the elevator fight and the other on special effects. All of this could have been on the DVD/Blu-Ray.

It's not as if this was also rushed onto home video - the movie came out 5 months ago - they had plenty of time to put together a more substantive package but they just didn't care to or think it would make a difference in sales. There's also absolutely no reason all these extras couldn't be on the DVD version - there's plenty of room - especially for an audio commentary.

Studios bemoan declining DVD and Blu-Ray sales in the face of Digital Media, cheap RedBox rentals, and even piracy but they do very little to make buying the DVD or Blu-Ray worthwhile for the every day consumer.

Regardless, the movie is awesome and doesn't need extras to make it a worthwhile purchase and I bought the Best Buy Steel Book even though it's just better packaging for the same content for more money. So they pretty much own me. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
I was very disappointed to go out to Target for exclusive content, only to find that there is none. I'm also unhappy with the way Disney is doing their best to trim features out of their blu-ray releases. I am NEVER going to get hooked into buying some "super releases" that have all of the bonus content that should have been there in the first place.

But yeah, I'm really steamed about Target. I was looking forward to getting a bonus disk like they did with The Avengers. Instead I look online and find out that like myself, nobody is able to find this mysterious bonus content.

Does it just cost too much for the companies these days?

No it doesn't cost too much. They're just being penny pinching terrible greedy people who never feel rich enough. It's like the way all of our foods are shrinking to insultingly unacceptable small sizes for example. They are trying to take and take more and more. Shave down the size of a snack item to save a freaking 10th of a penny per candy bar. Never mind the fact that you're a ten billion dollar company. Yeah, right. Keep telling me that you're poor.

Yeah. I'm pretty annoyed about it.

I am worried that the guardians of the galaxy release is gonna be bare bones as well.

Say what you will about Fox, but I much prefer their Blu-Ray/DVD sets to Disney's. They usually make sure to give you your money's worth when it comes to bonus material.

No it doesn't cost too much. They're just being penny pinching terrible greedy people who never feel rich enough. It's like the way all of our foods are shrinking to insultingly unacceptable small sizes for example. They are trying to take and take more and more. Shave down the size of a snack item to save a freaking 10th of a penny per candy bar. Never mind the fact that you're a ten billion dollar company. Yeah, right. Keep telling me that you're poor.

Yeah. I'm pretty annoyed about it.

Same thing happened to me I order specifically from Target because of that Bonus content that is Target exclusive and per-ordered it so I paid the highest amount for the Combo pack disk. Disney/Marvel definitely dropped the ball with this release. Makes me appreciate the Marvel/Paramount/Viacom's combo packs much more at they were pretty stacked with Bonus content. For the TWS you can find more behind the scenes footage on youtube then what was on the actual disk which is a major bummer.

Oh god yes, they do, BTS, deleted scenes, ISO scores, making-of, you name it, its there. Rarely have I felt cheated buying a Fox DVD/Bluray.

It's so sad because Disney releases used to be packed with features, particularly the Pixar and Pirates films.

The Incredibles had a great set. That limited animation cartoon parody with Mr. Incredible and Frozone was hilarious. "They made me a white guy!"

Same thing happened to me I order specifically from Target because of that Bonus content that is Target exclusive and per-ordered it so I paid the highest amount for the Combo pack disk. Disney/Marvel definitely dropped the ball with this release. Makes me appreciate the Marvel/Paramount/Viacom's combo packs much more at they were pretty stacked with Bonus content. For the TWS you can find more behind the scenes footage on youtube then what was on the actual disk which is a major bummer.
I actually think that's a positive now. While it'd be nice to have everything in once central location, you can check out BTS and cast interviews anytime you want and not need a disc to do so on the internet. It seems a bit inconvenient but not a total drag since most people will only watch the BTS stuff maybe 1-3 times before just watching the film every time they pop in the disc.

Yes, the features were very lacking but what was provided was fun.

I'm in love with the packaging and am glad I went for the steelbook. It's my first one and love it. The quality is :up: and the art/image looks great. There's a slight holographic quality to it. This, and the tasm2 magno case looks great on the shelf haha.

I think the earliest I'll get mine is probably Friday, but the expected time is Monday so I'm leaning more towards that since I don't remember ever getting things early from Best Buy.

Well if you guys think about it, we got very little with First Avenger in terms of Extras.
This time we got a Gag reel!! lol

Yes, the features were very lacking but what was provided was fun.

I'm in love with the packaging and am glad I went for the steelbook. It's my first one and love it. The quality is :up: and the art/image looks great. There's a slight holographic quality to it. This, and the tasm2 magno case looks great on the shelf haha.
My 1st steelbook was the Avengers then TDW and I'll be getting the Best Buy Steelbook. CAN'T WAIT

I've gotten a few steelbooks but I've avoided the Marvel ones because I like the exclusive slipcovers that there usually is and steelbooks can dent easily. I really like the Universal steelbooks because of the comic book style though, I got The Incredible Hulk in that form (as well as Scott Pilgrim, Jurassic Park, and King Kong).

I was very disappointed to go out to Target for exclusive content, only to find that there is none. I'm also unhappy with the way Disney is doing their best to trim features out of their blu-ray releases. I am NEVER going to get hooked into buying some "super releases" that have all of the bonus content that should have been there in the first place.

But yeah, I'm really steamed about Target. I was looking forward to getting a bonus disk like they did with The Avengers. Instead I look online and find out that like myself, nobody is able to find this mysterious bonus content.

I thought I was the only one. Good con job there by Target.

Still, watching the actual movie again at home was every bit the treat I was hoping for.

On the Blu-ray version, was the sound off for anyone else? I couldn't even hear the "on your left" to start the film nor Black Widow's fake phone call to draw Winter Soldier's attention during the big brawl.

Still, watching the actual movie again at home was every bit the treat I was hoping for.

On the Blu-ray version, was the sound off for anyone else? I couldn't even hear the "on your left" to start the film nor Black Widow's fake phone call to draw Winter Soldier's attention during the big brawl.

Same here
I had to cchange my TV's sound presets (from cinema to standard)

81a9AofVoZL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Ameri...r=1-5&keywords=captain+america+winter+soldier

I've gotten a few steelbooks but I've avoided the Marvel ones because I like the exclusive slipcovers that there usually is and steelbooks can dent easily. I really like the Universal steelbooks because of the comic book style though, I got The Incredible Hulk in that form (as well as Scott Pilgrim, Jurassic Park, and King Kong).
Well, I now have a small dent on the front after buying it yesterday. I don't know how it got there at all. #grrrr

My 1st steelbook was the Avengers then TDW and I'll be getting the Best Buy Steelbook. CAN'T WAIT
Nice. Since I'm just getting into them, I had to look up the Avengers one. That one's cool!

Last edited:
my copy came yesterday as did agents of SHEILD season 1

I was able to straighten my issue out with TargetTicket last night. I originally ordered the BR3D/BR combo pack through the Target.com website. So when I received the disc and put the code in at TargetTicket.com all I got was the movie and none of the bonus features. So I emailed costumer support at TargetTicket.com and they responded pretty fast in like 30 minutes. They sent me a promotion code in my email and I had to redeem that and I received all the bonus features from the physical disk as well as The Behind the Lens feature bonus content.

What's the bonus content regarding Behind the Lens featurette? Is it worth getting!

Last edited:
What's the bonus content regarding Behind the Lens featurette? Is it worth getting!

Only if you didn't buy the movie already it would be worth getting. It's bonus content for the special efx for a few scenes in the movie and its only like 5 minutes long.

I pre-ordered the 3D version for $19.95 from Amazon and it arrived on Tuesday. I'm happy with the Blu-ray release overall. I watched the movie last night for the first time since seeing it opening night back in April. What an awesome movie! Marvel is on such a roll right now. Can't wait for A:AOU!

I pre-ordered the 3D version for $19.95 from Amazon and it arrived on Tuesday. I'm happy with the Blu-ray release overall. I watched the movie last night for the first time since seeing it opening night back in April. What an awesome movie! Marvel is on such a roll right now. Can't wait for A:AOU!
:up: Excited to see Cap's role in AOU.

Not really. A tad during some dialogue but pretty up to par overall.

Widow's fake phonecall was mostly heard right when Winter Soldier's explosive rolled next to it. You could make it out a tiny bit before but it's faint.

Also, I can't seem to remember but in the theaters, didn't the movie end with Cap saying, "We just did," after Wilson asks, "When do we start?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"