The Winter Soldier Captain America : The Winter Soldier Blu-Ray/DVD Countdown Thread

:up: Excited to see Cap's role in AOU.
Also, I can't seem to remember but in the theaters, didn't the movie end with Cap saying, "We just did," after Wilson asks, "When do we start?"

No, it did not. That line was delivered in the trailers but it absolutely was not in the film.

Yeah, that happened in the theatrical cut.

No, it did not. That line was delivered in the trailers but it absolutely was not in the film.
Ah, I see. Yeah I think you're right.

How many times have you guys seen it since tuesday? I've seen it twice and might go for a third viewing when I'm bored this weekend.

Also, did anyone catch the flag underneath the Winter Solider during the credits roll? Foreshadowing to him as Cap maybe?

In the film Cap actually writes it in pee on the concrete. If you blink you'll miss it.

Last edited:
Also, I can't seem to remember but in the theaters, didn't the movie end with Cap saying, "We just did," after Wilson asks, "When do we start?"

As was said, not in the movie, just in the trailer. And I'd like to know why they cut that line. Seems weird for Sam to have the last line and for Cap not to respond to the question.

I was very disappointed to go out to Target for exclusive content, only to find that there is none. I'm also unhappy with the way Disney is doing their best to trim features out of their blu-ray releases. I am NEVER going to get hooked into buying some "super releases" that have all of the bonus content that should have been there in the first place.

But yeah, I'm really steamed about Target. I was looking forward to getting a bonus disk like they did with The Avengers. Instead I look online and find out that like myself, nobody is able to find this mysterious bonus content.

Yes seriously what is up with this? I went out of my way to get the Blu-Ray from Target just so I could get access to this bonus content and now it's nowhere to be found. Not happy.

I was able to straighten my issue out with TargetTicket last night. I originally ordered the BR3D/BR combo pack through the Target.com website. So when I received the disc and put the code in at TargetTicket.com all I got was the movie and none of the bonus features. So I emailed costumer support at TargetTicket.com and they responded pretty fast in like 30 minutes. They sent me a promotion code in my email and I had to redeem that and I received all the bonus features from the physical disk as well as The Behind the Lens feature bonus content.

Interesting. I tried contacting Target a couple of days ago and never heard back. I just created an account at TargetTicket.com and tried the code included with the Blu Ray to no avail. So ridiculous. Talk about dropping the ball. The whole thing feels like a scam.

I'll try contacting TargetTicket.com's support and see if I get anywhere. They seem to have a different support desk system than Target's main site.

Yes seriously what is up with this? I went out of my way to get the Blu-Ray from Target just so I could get access to this bonus content and now it's nowhere to be found. Not happy.

Interesting. I tried contacting Target a couple of days ago and never heard back. I just created an account at TargetTicket.com and tried the code included with the Blu Ray to no avail. So ridiculous. Talk about dropping the ball. The whole thing feels like a scam.

I'll try contacting TargetTicket.com's support and see if I get anywhere. They seem to have a different support desk system than Target's main site.

Yes unfortunately that's the same thing I did to get the bonus content you have to go through TargetTicket customer support because you are essentially getting your digital copy through their service. Hopefully you won't have no problems getting it.

I agree Disney dropped the ball around with this release. They should of just released a separate BR with the bonus content.

Last edited:
Danged Best buy was out of the WS steelbook! jerks won't order more unless you have a credit card. BS!!!
Picked up the Target WS bluray combo instead. IT has exclusive download behind the scenes I've yet to download
AV10uhn.jpg

Just got my mail and was pleasantly surprised to see my Best Buy package there. I know what I'm watching as soon as the Oregon football game is done.

I agree Disney dropped the ball around with this release. They should of just released a separate BR with the bonus content.

Yes they certainly did. I'm not very happy I had to pay $2 more just to get the version with a digital copy of the movie. Who makes you buy a 3D version just to get the format you're looking for?!

Yes unfortunately that's the same thing I did to get the bonus content you have to go through TargetTicket customer support because you are essentially getting your digital copy through their service. Hopefully you won't have no problems getting it.

Agreed.

Unfortunately, even after contacting TargetTicket (in addition to Target's main site), after 3 days I still have not received any response. Glad you were able to get your exclusive content. Guess you were one of the lucky ones. What a joke. I will not buy from Target again.

Lousy, the danged movie will play online but won't friggin download

Lousy, the danged movie will play online but won't friggin download

Download - and whether to android tablet, apple and/or PC (or if it will stream to your Blu Ray player etc) depends on the provider It's a big confusing PIA

http://www.digitalcopyplus.com/help/?catproviders=chooseProvider

Oh, for those confused like I am someone on the Blu Ray forums gave an explanation on where and for what providers to redeem you digital copies as well as how it may or may not conflict with the Target download. It says you can actually redeem it at two places, one of which is iTunes (which allows downloads) but I haven't tried any of this yet.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=9702935&postcount=1963

Last edited:
I do all my digital copies through iTunes since I can back my copy up on an external hard drive, to along with the copy on my computer.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/research/captain-america-sequel-dominates-disc-sales-charts-34184

'Captain America' Sequel Dominates Disc Sales Charts

17 Sep, 2014 By: Thomas K. Arnold

In a big week for new releases, five newcomers made it into the top 10 on Nielsen VideoScan’s weekly overall disc sales chart for the week ended Sept. 14.

Marvel Studios’ Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the action sequel distributed by Disney that grossed $259.8 million in U.S. theaters, was an easy winner, debuting at No. 1.

Fox’s Brick Mansions, a crime drama with a domestic box office gross of just $20.4 million, bowed at No. 2, although it sold only 8.2% as many units as the “Captain America” follow-up.

According to Nielsen research, “Captain America” was the runaway Blu-ray Disc winner, with the high-definition version accounting for 60% of first-week unit sales. “Brick Mansions” generated 37% of total unit sales from Blu-ray Disc.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/top-sellers/top-20-sellers-week-ended-091414

And Captain America: The First Avenger re-enters the chart at #19.

There will be an additional deleted scene on the bonus disc in the Phase two box set out on Dec 8.

Last edited:
Finally about to purchase this on Blu-Ray+Digital Combo (And 3D, I guess...) after prioritizing other things for so long. Still the best MCU film, in my opinion, and the film of Phase 2 I'd watch on repeat alongside Guardians of the Galaxy. Still odd that the only way to get the digital version of the film includes getting the 3D version of the film. That one will probably just settle in the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"