Homecoming The Amazing Spider-Man 3 General Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if it was just Peter in the film or Spider-Man/Peter via surveillance footage/photos/clips etc. that the team are watching if they're following him?
I agree that the focus should stay on the S6 though, that's a good point.

You could argue that it then becomes Spider-Man's movie though and a lot of people would complain.

"Why did they call this The Sinister Six and not just The Amazing Spider-Man 3? Why did Spider-Man only really show up at the end?"

Well just because spiderman is in the film doesn't mean it takes away the sinister six's spot light. I mean their motivation is spiderman and quite possibly oscorp so I think it's fine showing spiderman fighting the six in the movie

Basically there has never been a super villain movie before so the general audience expectations will be the normal good/bad guy conventions. The moment they see Spider-Man they will 'expect' certain things to happen in the movie and if those things don't happen it will probably leave them frustrasted. Sony and Goddard need to side step/subvert normal expectations and their job will be harder if Spidey is a presence on screen.

The S6 need a motivation to join together and stay together beyond Spider-Man.

You could argue that it then becomes Spider-Man's movie though and a lot of people would complain.

"Why did they call this The Sinister Six and not just The Amazing Spider-Man 3? Why did Spider-Man only really show up at the end?"

Exactly.

And what motivation will you think it is and would you think spidey will still be involved?

I'm fairly certain they are going to have a Mission Impossible type job to secure the funds they need to become more organised. I'm pretty sure the majority of Harry's assets have been frozen so he can only fund the S6 for so long. None of that requires Spider-Man. I guessing Spidey only appears as an end credits surprise.

with these spin offs they don't need to feel restricted with just putting ideas in TASM3 so the gentleman will probably be involved in the sinister 6 movie, they could also have harry and heck they could bring norman back in a big reveal at the end of the movie if they wanted

they have the freedom there

Well I expect the six having some of their own stories involving them and spiderman or at least the story superior hero had

I'll be stunned if they go the anthology route. The beauty of have an ensemble is character interaction not individual stories.

Okay but what would you think the story would be about?

I think the movie is going to open with a 'point of view' character that is the introduction for the audience (think Wolverine in X1 or Neo in Matrix). This character (maybe Shocker) can ask the questions the audenice need the answers to.

This character can be redemptive character whilst the rest of the 6 can be proper 'evil'. This character will have an arc while the likes of Doc Ock and Harry can have a power struggle.

If I were writting S6 that is how I would do it.

Makes sense for shocker to have that perspective. What about the other members? I somehow feel sandman will be a member judging by how the ultimate version was created as a test subject

If I were in charge I would have 6 members that look 'human' in their depowered state to help with the budget. So no Electro, no Lizard (because in his depowered state he is Curt Conners). Use costume based villains rather than super powered villains.

Shocker
Vulture
Doc Ock
Green Goblin
Kraven
Cameleon

Rhino is horrible, cut him. Save Mysterio as a solo villain in a future Spider-Man movie.

If I were in charge I would have 6 members that look 'human' in their depowered state to help with the budget. So no Electro, no Lizard (because in his depowered state he is Curt Conners). Use costume based villains rather than super powered villains.

Shocker
Vulture
Doc Ock
Green Goblin
Kraven
Cameleon

Rhino is horrible, cut him. Save Mysterio as a solo villain in a future Spider-Man movie.

I'd be happy with that line-up. I agree with saving Mysterio for another film. I'd also like Kraven to come back sometime too if they give him a small role in the S6.

I'd be happy with that line-up. I agree with saving Mysterio for another film. I'd also like Kraven to come back sometime too if they give him a small role in the S6.

Mysterio can hold his own in a solo movie (framing Spider-Man) but I think the closing credits for ASM2 (mask with smoke coming out) suggests Mysterio will be in the movie. I guess I would be okay with that as Mysterio visually is a interesting character, far more so than Cameleon.

Yes, I had the same impression from the smoke too and we all know that Webb is a big fan of Mysterio so I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted him in the line-up. Mysterio would definitely be visually more appealing than Chameleon and there's definitely a lot of interesting and whacky things you can do with Mysterio.

sony will likely have the final say in whose in the sinister 6

Drew Goddard could have some say but I don't know about marc webb, if he has a producers credit on the sinister 6 he may have had a say in it

Shocker
Vulture
Doc Ock
Green Goblin
Kraven
Cameleon

That's a good idea... that is why Sony will not do it lol. And is continuity really necessary? What if Spidey fought Doc Ock, Kraven and Chameleon
(and others) before? Can't they like have Kraven for TASM3 and make it a prequel to S6.

This is the Sinister Six line-up I'm confident in:

Green Goblin
Doctor Octopus
Kraven the Hunter
Rhino
Vulture
Mysterio

I know people may not want this but I hope we get electro for the sinister six movie has his powers are to cool not to have. The power plant fight was just:hubba

Would be good if Sony got creative with its posters

i found this fan poster which i think is quite cool

tumblr_nca76y7qUC1t61xg4o1_500.jpg

Has there been a thread on SHH that was 4 years in the making? I mean I understand that this was suppose to come out in 2. That's a lot of time for mostly speculation.

giphy.gif

Sorry I thought this was SUPERHEROhype. A place you could be a fan of all heroes. Not SPIDER-MANhype.

What the hell was I thinking?

Well...this place DID start out as "Spider-Man Hype!"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"