Homecoming The Amazing Spider-Man 3 General Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Felicia et;al was set up then every single character put into a movie is set up.

The Harry goblin thing is just your interpretation of the way it was done.

You can interpret whatever you want as world building but there's really only 5 minutes of explicit world building.

Again, there's no way the entire film was 100% world building
Alright, agree to disagree. What I mean to say is that it feels like TASM2 exists just so Sony can make more movies in the future. Maybe that's my interpretation of it and perhaps I'm wrong, but that's just how I feel.

JOE said:
Read my post again before insulting my memory. I said "after the first swinging sequence." When did I say that was the opening of the film?
Jeez, I was just making a stupid joke man, not insulting your memory. :funny:

I'm just saying if you cut it off right after the swinging segment then over half of the movie would still be the opening with the parents. :oldrazz:

Jeez, I was just making a stupid joke man, not insulting your memory. :funny:

I'm just saying if you cut it off right after the swinging segment then over half of the movie would still be the opening with the parents. :oldrazz:
It's clearly a joke, I'm not insisting they released a 10 minute Spider-Man movie... Why are you even arguing what I said? Take it for what it was, a TASM 2. I mean joke.

It's clearly a joke, I'm not insisting they released a 10 minute Spider-Man movie... Why are you even arguing what I said? Take it for what it was, a TASM 2. I mean joke.
I wasn't trying to argue your joke at all. I was simply following up your TASM2 with a joke of my own.

Agreed with your tweet though. :up: :funny:

The AMAZING Spider-Man. Oh yeah, he was named by Max Dillon. *shrug*

Alright, agree to disagree. What I mean to say is that it feels like TASM2 exists just so Sony can make more movies in the future. Maybe that's my interpretation of it and perhaps I'm wrong, but that's just how I feel.

Just judging from the emails I'd agree with what you said there. They'd have had one hand in the money bucket and a pinky in the "lets film a movie" bucket

TASM2 stands on it's own two feet as a conclusion to the franchise if you cut out the world building scness near the end of the film I fell.

Totally get where you were coming from

Just judging from the emails I'd agree with what you said there. They'd have had one hand in the money bucket and a pinky in the "lets film a movie" bucket

TASM2 stands on it's own two feet as a conclusion to the franchise if you cut out the world building scness near the end of the film I fell.

Totally get where you were coming from
I mean I definitely agree that the movie has a story of it's own and it "technically" concludes the parents stuff from the first movie. But it felt like Sony just rushed the movie out so they can get moving on their cinematic universe. It felt like their heart wasn't in this movie and they were too focused on the future.

I was referring to your Twitter.
I have my Twitter in my signature, I post Spidey related things in there all the time. It's sarcasm the same way my post on the hype was. I was going to post a review on here after release but never got around to it.

I made a TASM1 fan edit and I cut the intro with the parents from TASM2 and incorporated it into the intro to TASM1. It is much better. I mean doesn't it just sound awesome to be watching a spider-man origin story and seeing the logo appear with cool music and then boom you see a scientist doing something with the spiders and it just plunges you into the spider-man mythos. Its pretty cool, and IMO it's a MUCH better way to start off the origin story than TASM2.

I made a TASM1 fan edit and I cut the intro with the parents from TASM2 and incorporated it into the intro to TASM1. It is much better. I mean doesn't it just sound awesome to be watching a spider-man origin story and seeing the logo appear with cool music and then boom you see a scientist doing something with the spiders and it just plunges you into the spider-man mythos. Its pretty cool, and IMO it's a MUCH better way to start off the origin story than TASM2.
I wouldn't mind making a fan edit of the two TASM films and sort of combining them into one piece. The parents story would be a lot more interesting if it was resolved in the first film if you ask me.

I wouldn't mind making a fan edit of the two TASM films and sort of combining them into one piece. The parents story would be a lot more interesting if it was resolved in the first film if you ask me.
I agree, but I can't put the resolution to the parents plot in TASM2 because Peter Parker looks older and it makes more sense being in TASM2 since that is when they are starting to find out that Oscorp is actually evil.

I mean I definitely agree that the movie has a story of it's own and it "technically" concludes the parents stuff from the first movie. But it felt like Sony just rushed the movie out so they can get moving on their cinematic universe. It felt like their heart wasn't in this movie and they were too focused on the future.

I fear that's becoming a problem in major budgeted films nowadays.

Sony is the downfall of these Spider- Man movies, not the cast and creative team.

I agree, but I can't put the resolution to the parents plot in TASM2 because Peter Parker looks older and it makes more sense being in TASM2 since that is when they are starting to find out that Oscorp is actually evil.

Oh what I mean is the plane sequence in TASM2. Peter watching his father's video would still technically take place long after the events of TASM1, but I would edit it together as a long, single film.

Sony is the downfall of these Spider- Man movies, not the cast and creative team.

I think the studio is the major reason as to why these movies are bad. But I also think Marc Webb isn't a strong enough director to handle Spider-Man and the writers (Orci and Kurtzman) are very hit and miss.

Oh what I mean is the plane sequence in TASM2. Peter watching his father's video would still technically take place long after the events of TASM1, but I would edit it together as a long, single film.
Yeah that's what I mean. The ENTIRE plane sequence and the ENTIRE intro to TASM2 was integrated into TASM1. It works much better that way, so you don't have to wait until the next movie just to see Peters parents die, and it gives TASM2 a little more room to breathe and it starts out with the best Spider-Man webslinging intro of all time.

I think the studio is the major reason as to why these movies are bad. But I also think Marc Webb isn't a strong enough director to handle Spider-Man and the writers (Orci and Kurtzman) are very hit and miss.
I completely agree with you on the Orci and Kurtzman statement, and I SORT OF agree with you about Marc Webb. Yes, he was pretty inexperienced and hiring an inexperienced director is a risky move, but I thought that he did an excellent job. The scenes in the film feel real and genuine, nothing feels forced and if it is it's the scripts fault. I thought Marc Webb did an excellent job for an inexperienced director handling a big franchise like Spider-Man.

He does well with the character moments but his action scenes are poorly directed.

He does well with the character moments but his action scenes are poorly directed.
Really? What about them makes you feel they are poorly directed? Especially in TASM1, I thought they were fantastically shot, the school fight in particular looked great.

TASM2's Electro fight was visually stunning, I thought it was very well-directed. I'd like to see Marc Webb do at least one more Spidey film.

Really? What about them makes you feel they are poorly directed? Especially in TASM1, I thought they were fantastically shot, the school fight in particular looked great.

TASM2's Electro fight was visually stunning, I thought it was very well-directed. I'd like to see Marc Webb do at least one more Spidey film.

How anti climactic was the Times Square scene? They went for a joke to make the audience laugh. I remember being in my seat like, "TF was that?"

I feel too that the Times Square electro fight was anti climactic, but holy crap that scene with the spider sense was SOOOOO awesome. It was all eye candy for any spider-man fan and it was ALL beautifully shot. We finally got to see the true power of his spider sense.

TASM1:

1. Bridge: Spider-Man kicks the Lizard and he runs away.
2. Sewer: Lizard traps Spider-Man and then chases him down the sewer
3. High School: Spider-Man is mostly dodging Lizard's attacks and webs him up.

The only real "fight" was on Oscorp tower and that wasn't all that great. Half of his "action scenes" in TASM1 are just encounters.

TASM2:

1. Plane sequence had a lot of shaky cam and was nauseating to look at.
2. Some of the truck chase felt too choreographed. Look at the cop cars crashing into each other--it felt so planned.
3. Times Square fight was mostly talking and destruction. Great visuals but very poor for a "fight sequence."
4. Power plant battle, despite having many cool visuals, was very CGI heavy. The action also came off as uncreative and uninspiring... nothing too memorable.
5. Goblin fight is just way too short and uncreative.

I'd like to see it :up:

TASM1:

1. Bridge: Spider-Man kicks the Lizard and he runs away.
2. Sewer: Lizard traps Spider-Man and then chases him down the sewer
3. High School: Spider-Man is mostly dodging Lizard's attacks and webs him up.

The only real "fight" was on Oscorp tower and that wasn't all that great. Half of his "action scenes" in TASM1 are just encounters.

TASM2:

1. Plane sequence had a lot of shaky cam and was nauseating to look at.
2. Some of the truck chase felt too choreographed. Look at the cop cars crashing into each other--it felt so planned.
3. Times Square fight was mostly talking and destruction. Great visuals but very poor for a "fight sequence."
4. Power plant battle, despite having many cool visuals, was very CGI heavy. The action also came off as uncreative and uninspiring... nothing too memorable.
5. Goblin fight is just way too short and uncreative.

I don't think I can disagree any more about asm1 and 2 action being poorly done. Out side of sm2 most of the best fights are in asm1 and 2.

TASM1

1. That one wasn't really an fight just the first glips of the lizard and a breaking point for sm to became the friendly narberhood spider man.
2. Even though it was short it was pretty cool and different because we had never really see a under water fight chase in a sm movie before.
3. The school fight was down right awesome and it was sweat seeing him use his webs like the way he did one of the things I like about asm1 and 2 more then sm 1-3 was him using his webs in fights more. Probly around the 8th best fight in a sm movie yet.
4. The oscop fight I thought was pretty good and I like the way the lizard using his tall and the way sm dogges on the side of the bulid and such.
Also I have to added that asm1 was an orgin story and sm 1 witch was also a orgin story only really add the last fight with goblin has a mermobol fight. I would take the action in asm1 over sm 1.

TASM2

1. The plain crash was just a into to the movie and what happened to his parents so it did what it was supposed to do.
2. The truck chase was a nice intro to sm and the web swing looked great.
3. The time square fight was amazing looking and really showed the power that electro has and the slow motion with the sm spidey sinces was great but the fight needed to be longer.
4. The power plant fight easily the second best fight in a sm movie yet behind only the train fight. The CGI looked amazing and the web swinging by sm around the building to get there was the best web swinging we have had in a sm movie yet and I found the fight to be very creative and love the part when sm using his webs to pull something off the plant and throws in at him. Another thing I like in asm1 and 2 is that we have got to see more of sm agility. Also the best music we have had in a fight playing during the fight.
5. While the goblin fight is short the fight was very intense and one of the more fast paced agiled type of fights we have seen and very creative. One of the best fights in a sm movie yet. I would probly put it around 6th best fight in a sm movie. I would take the action in asm2 over asm1, sm 3 and sm1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"