Homecoming The Amazing Spider-Man 3 Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Great Power--

Just to add my two cents...the Arkham games, especially Arkham City are games that you just have to play. Truly excellent in all facets--story, gameplay, voice acting, anything...you name it.

Oh well, wait for it to drop below $10.
Gameplay mechanics for the most part resemble the previous game, main differences being the swinging system, and the rapple/web yoyo.
After the first stage you might want to turn the voice down, voice acting is dull.
Hero/Menace meter is a broken system, the red/black meter in Web of Shadows is easily superior.

Thanks for the advice, buddy. I'll keep those in mind.

Get it when it's below $10, TASM2 feels like a glorified mod for the first game that at the same time removes quality and makes the game look like an alpha build (feels like a cheap placeholder story, gameplay is glitchy, while playing you lose all momentum you had via infinite cutscenes when starting a random crime).

Although I don't think the Beenox bashing is justified. I know they can deliver (Shattered Dimensions). Bash Activision instead for cutting their budget by 3/4 of what they had for the first TASM game.
I (and a few others) gave lengthy feedback to the developers a few months ago and I'm pretty confident that they'll incorporate a lot of the feedback into their next title. Why am I confident? Well almost everything I suggested 2 years ago was added to the 2nd title, although in an unfinished/morphed way (play as Peter only in certain parts of the game instead of freeroam, webs seemingly attach to buildings but no real physical properties for them/momentum lacking etc.). I'm not saying that, for example, TASM3 will be a hit but it's reasonable that it gets more right than the current TASM2 because Beenox does indeed listen to the fanbase.

We'll have to play the waiting game, for 4 years. Or be on the lookout for a Marvel-helmed game, or the news that Activision does no longer publish TASM movie tie-ins.

I've always supported Beenox as a developer. I think if they ever get out from under the thumb of Activision, they are capable of some great things. They do listen to the fans--I've noticed those things they've incorporated as well such as infinite crimes, etc. and that's part of what makes them so great. Unfortunately, Activision isn't helping the situation any when they are cutting development time on an already short schedule and they often pull money from these types of projects so they can add more funding to Call of Duty--their cash cow.

What you haven't played batman arkham asylum or city? What is wrong with you? They are 2 of the best games I have ever played! Great combat, story, music really everything you could ever ask for in a game and more! If only we could get a sm game even close to those games! Cant weight for batman arkham knight. Spider man and batman are my 2 favorite superhero's I don't really care for any other superhero's even though I do like some of the movies like xmen dofp, cap 2 ect. I wish spider man could get back to being great. while asm2 was a great movie to me but not to most people ll. Batman has now had the best movies and games. Haven't had a great sm game sences sm2 but shatterd dimensions was really good almost great. Have you played spider man shattered dimensions?

@ Great Power--

Just to add my two cents...the Arkham games, especially Arkham City are games that you just have to play. Truly excellent in all facets--story, gameplay, voice acting, anything...you name it.

I'll get it to it when I can, fellas. It seems like there's absolutely no excuse to not have played that game before :funny:

Just started TASM2 again today (had my DS4 hooked up due to playing The Evil Within demo) and damn, it's pretty fun to freeroam...

for 2 minutes. That's when the Task Force starts to show up. I googled and found a few trainers (that claim to have an option to disable the H/M system) but I'm too lazy to even download them...

What will happen with the next film 4 years away?

What will happen with the next film 4 years away?

- Beenox does a movie tie-in for the Sinister Six movie (-> TASM3 will get ~2 years dev time + low budget -> most likely crap)
- Beenox only does a TASM3 movie tie-in (-> ~4 years dev time, unknown budget -> could be good)
- Activision loses the rights to the Sony movie franchise (-> new company taking on the movie tie-ins or no tie-in at all)

Pick one

I will only play TASM2 again if I get a patch or a trainer pausing the annoying Hero/Menace scale from moving menace.

I will only play TASM2 again if I get a patch or a trainer pausing the annoying Hero/Menace scale from moving menace.

AFAIK there are a few trainers out there who claim to freeze the H/M system. Can't be bothered to see if it's legit though, having a lot of fun with AC:U at the moment (although it has horrible performance in certain parts of the game).

AFAIK there are a few trainers out there who claim to freeze the H/M system. Can't be bothered to see if it's legit though, having a lot of fun with AC:U at the moment (although it has horrible performance in certain parts of the game).
Sounds good.
Need to check some of them, and then tell if any of them is good.

So do you guys think we'll get another movie game for Marvel's Spider-Man or even a game at all?

So do you guys think we'll get another movie game for Marvel's Spider-Man or even a game at all?

Activision supposedly still has the rights for movie tie-ins, so yeah, I don't think they'll skip the chance to make another cheap, mediocre game that will make a quick couple of bucks. Gotta make/save all they can to sink into the next CoD.

Activision supposedly still has the rights for movie tie-ins, so yeah, I don't think they'll skip the chance to make another cheap, mediocre game that will make a quick couple of bucks. Gotta make/save all they can to sink into the next CoD.

and Marvel has Spider-man game rights for anything else but a movie tie-in. So I'd bet that if MCU Spider-man is successful, a triple A title will be made. It's not like Activision wants to lose money, so if Sony says they don't want a movie tie-in, it wont be much of a scuffle

and Marvel has Spider-man game rights for anything else but a movie tie-in. So I'd bet that if MCU Spider-man is successful, a triple A title will be made. It's not like Activision wants to lose money, so if Sony says they don't want a movie tie-in, it wont be much of a scuffle

The Marvel game is all I am looking forward to--I won't touch another movie tie in. I'm tired of wasting money on Activision's mediocrity. Still haven't purchased ASM2.

Now that Spidey is part of the MCU do you think they'll make an Avengers game for the Infinity War movies?

Now that Spidey is part of the MCU do you think they'll make an Avengers game for the Infinity War movies?

Well, Marvel did say that they are gonna do it when they are ready to do a proper game with actual quality, so I don't think it'll necessarily be a movie tie-in. Maybe Secret Invasion would be a good story line for a game or something

anyway, I definitely would like a Spider-man game first

Now The Amazing Spiderman 3 is cancelled why not just make it a video game the first part can be the Rhino boss fight

Wanna bet Marvel will revoke Activision's license and make the movie game another mobile game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"