The importance of video game movies

I never bothered with the Doom movie, since I thought what all I saw of it sucked.

I forgot there was a Hitman movie, so I might rent the DVD.

But the only video game movie I liked was Silent Hill

Actually the movies don't suck. The movies diverge from the source material greatly. Some cases greater than others. But all of those movies are entertaining and succedd as movies.

For instance the Alice series is an awesome series. Alice: Extinction was cool but Alice: Apocalypse was better. Just because Jill Valentine and other Resident Evil characters make cameos only furthers how cool Alice: The Movie is.

Hitman was entertaining, I never played the games and the basic idea is the same, right? So it doesn't fail.

So on so forth..And Mortal Kombat 1 not only didn't suck but it influenced MK in other media and even effected the games. I heard Johnny Cage was supposed to stay dead, but because fans of the movies liked him so much they brought him back. Don't know if that's true or not but even if it isn't, Midway was still content. Besides EVERYONE saw that movie. It's STILL recognized..Don't believe me? Put on the theme from the movie. Da na na Da na na na na na MORTAL KOMBAT!! Everyone I've ever met that heard the song knew what it was from and saw the movie. (lol I know because I asked...)

To answer TC's question: These movies are very significant not just for the genre but for the fans. There is an audience out there, so hopefully your favorite games could become movies.

Oh and you're all forgetting Final Fantasy Advent Children....it's basically FF7: The movie as they summarize the game and then takes place after.

Convince me that House of the Dead was entertaining.

Actually the movies don't suck. The movies diverge from the source material greatly. Some cases greater than others. But all of those movies are entertaining and succedd as movies.
No, they suck.

For instance the Alice series is an awesome series. Alice: Extinction was cool but Alice: Apocalypse was better. Just because Jill Valentine and other Resident Evil characters make cameos only furthers how cool Alice: The Movie is.
Not only the "Alice movies" suck ass, they are based on RE, which means they sucks twice.
And the key word is RE, which the movies don´t have anything about.

Hitman was entertaining, I never played the games and the basic idea is the same, right? So it doesn't fail.
As a adaptation, the movie wasnt´awful; but it was pretty poor as a movie.

So on so forth..And Mortal Kombat 1 not only didn't suck but it influenced MK in other media and even effected the games. I heard Johnny Cage was supposed to stay dead, but because fans of the movies liked him so much they brought him back. Don't know if that's true or not but even if it isn't, Midway was still content. Besides EVERYONE saw that movie. It's STILL recognized..Don't believe me? Put on the theme from the movie. Da na na Da na na na na na MORTAL KOMBAT!! Everyone I've ever met that heard the song knew what it was from and saw the movie. (lol I know because I asked...)
Mortal Kombat.....Mortal Kombat.
I saw MK when i was 20 (when the movie came out), it was just horrible.

Oh and you're all forgetting Final Fantasy Advent Children....it's basically FF7: The movie as they summarize the game and then takes place after.
That one i can´t talk about, i haven´t seen it, but, then again, i was talking about Live Action

But hey, you liked those movies, that´s fine, glad you did.

No you're right.. House of the dead was trash...My mistake. And maybe DOA I didn't see it and possibly bloodrayne...but the others were funny. Look at all of the movies as comedies and then watch it again.

And can you technically considerTotal Recall a type of Duke Nukem? I mean the guy is almost based off of arnold anyway :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"