The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hum, I'm not a ******, of course I'll use spoiler tags.....

Well, since this is the spoilers area, please do use spoilers if you want to(just use spoiler tags please :up:).

It's kind of odd to come to the spoilers section and then have to hide the spoilers. I agree with doing it, but I think it's just kind of funny!

Hum, I'm not a ******, of course I'll use spoiler tags.....

Didn't say you were....but then I wouldn't say you were mentally handicapped at all.

It's kind of odd to come to the spoilers section and then have to hide the spoilers. I agree with doing it, but I think it's just kind of funny!

Yah, it is funny, but also necessary. Even when this is a spoilers section, people do come by just to see what others are talking about and not really wanting to view spoilers. So, it's needed.

Part 2 - Quotes from the interview with Garfield from CQ magazine:

On recieving a BAFTA for his role on Boy A "That whole night was so shocking and scary,by the time I got home I started to have a panic attack. I had to go out and sit on the steps and look at the sky and say, that's a cloud. That's a star. That's the moon. and that, down there, is a person. And that's a dog, taking a s****. It was the result of a pure adrenaline fall-off, and the realisation that although the success of the night had felt really nice, it was never ever going to satisfy me."

(
On having a tendancy to be cast as doe-eyed sex partner for sphisticated ladies) "I know! I don't have any idea how I've managed to end up in bed with all these stunners! It's quite, ahem, humbling (laughs)"

(
On Heath Ledger) "All I know is that I loved him. I love him, and I think about him often. I get sick thinking about the speculation around his death. It's the one thing that binds us all. It's like, let it f***ing rest!"

(this is an excerpt I found funny, at the beggining he warns the interviewer he wont say talk about his personal life) I tell Garfield that normally I woudn't pry into his love life, but this time its valid. "Go on" he says smiling intrigued. I say Marc Webb has claimed one of the key fetures of this new spider-man is his relationship with Gwen Stacy. He continues smiling in silence, waiting for an actual question, " I'm enjoying watching you squirm." Does having off-screen chemistry affect your on-screen antics? " My response to that is really short, I don't talk about my personal life at all, with any outlet." But I'm not looking for raunchy details "yes, but I just want to be an actor" What do you think would happen if you talked about it? "Look at you! Not giving up! If you came out as a couple would it make it less special? "I'm not talking about it!"

"I'd love to be a Dad! I'd love to, but I want to be sure of what my value system is before that happens"

"I find a great sense of comfort in growing up, but I'm nowhere near fully formed and niether are you", he says with a gentle finger jab "and nothing's going to make sense until we're in our sunset. And until that clarity comes from acknowledging that I have no idea. Just as it comes from accepting the fact that, right here, and right now everything is in chaos." then he's gone into the New York night. A bit like Spider-Man, but more like Andrew Garfield.

Quotes from the interview with Garfield from CQ magazine:

"(fame) is a scary thing, because there's something addictive about about recognition and validation, because that's the currency for all actors"

"The Comic Con stunt was Andrew's idea, and was done, reveals Webb, against the studio's wishes, I think everyone at the studio thought it was a bad idea, but Andrew said 'No, it's the right thing to do' he willed himself into doing it because he believed in it"

"I didn't feel comfortable being up on the stage with the audience being down there on the ground. I wanted to put myself,literally, in their territory and make it about them. Plus I knew that this character means so much to so many people. And to me, and my three-year-old self."

He said Spider-Man saved his life, "Im meant, Urrgghh, I'm not saying I was suicidal or anything like that...It was a symbol of what got me through tough times in terms of being a skinny kid."

"yes (I was bullied)....because I was very confused when I first went to school and there was a kid who was just mean, and I just didn't understand it, and right into my teenage years, where I would be mugged on the street or 17 or 18 and I was in drama school, and I wouldn't be able to do anything because there'd be three or four of them and they'f take my wallet and I'd come home feeling so disempowered and angry"

I'll post some more after I've had my tea.

I was thinking about the first person perspective shot from the teaser trailer, and I was wondering what part of the movie is that from? Does anyone think it is the final swing in the film?

Nope, they're here for the premiere on June 19th where I'm going, so they'll probably be seeing for the first time here.

tim_riggins when give us your reaction/review please dont mention any major spoilers

Well, since this is the spoilers area, please do use spoilers if you want to(just use spoiler tags please :up:).

I'm a long time lurker here and I was intending to keep it that way, but then I saw this and I had to interwine. Just like SpideyFa92, I'd like for people keep this as spoiler free as possible at least until the release date. I mean, yes, this is the spoiler area, but just like people were talking before, once something starts to be talked on the internet, rumor or not, there's no way how to control how the information will be spread.

I'd really like that Tim_Riggins, RIM and other users that get to see the movie first didn't spoil the principal points of this film because there's enough people out there hoping this movie to fail, so it'd be wise to not deliver spoilers until the official release date on July 3rd. I mean, I don't even get to see the film before it premieres here, which is July 6th, so I'd really appreciate that people would do their best effort to make their reviews spoiler free.

Thank you for your good job keeping us Spider-Man fans updated and I'm loving what Scarletess is doing posting quotes from the GQ mag.

I'm a long time lurker here and I was intending to keep it that way, but then I saw this and I had to interwine. Just like SpideyFa92, I'd like for people keep this as spoiler free as possible at least until the release date. I mean, yes, this is the spoiler area, but just like people were talking before, once something starts to be talked on the internet, rumor or not, there's no way how to control how the information will be spread.

I'd really like that Tim_Riggins, RIM and other users that get to see the movie first didn't spoil the principal points of this film because there's enough people out there hoping this movie to fail, so it'd be wise to not deliver spoilers until the official release date on July 3rd. I mean, I don't even get to see the film before it premieres here, which is July 6th, so I'd really appreciate that people would do their best effort to make their reviews spoiler free.

Thank you for your good job keeping us Spider-Man fans updated and I'm loving what Scarletess is doing posting quotes from the GQ mag.

Agreed with you, the reason why people post here is because most posters are in this forum, and the non-spoilers section is a lonely land. :csad:

Welcome to the Hype!! and thankyou just doing my bit, hope you enjoy reading them!! :woot: I'll put some quotes up from the empire mag once thread manager is done with this thread. :hehe:

Last edited:
Disagree. Post detailed review. If people don't want to read it then they don't have to read it.

I was thinking about the first person perspective shot from the teaser trailer, and I was wondering what part of the movie is that from? Does anyone think it is the final swing in the film?
so...

Agreed with you, the reason why people post here is because most posters are in this forum, and the non-spoilers section is a lonely land. :csad:

Welcome to the Hype!! and thankyou just doing my bit, hope you enjoy reading them!! :woot:

No, thank you for taking the time and effort to post this. I really appreciate it. And thank you for welcoming me, I like this place but I don't like how it can get.

I want to address just one more thing that I've read people discussing here a lot, about how it's rumored that Richard Parker experienced on his kid. I've been paying attention close to the trailers and especially the viral marketing material, there's just no way that Richard has experienced anything on Peter. Just no way. Richard and Curt are both obssessed scientists, but there's a line that Richard wasn't willing to cross until he was sure what he was doing while Curt is quite more reckless about this, all in name of science or the fact that he lost an arm.

The "unspeakable" that Mary mentions on the letter to Richard just can't be the fact that Peter was injected with something, it wouldn't make sense unless they'd runaway to hide Peter. There's something more behind this, there's another secret beyond Richard's dad bein a scientist that made breakthroughs with Curt about what spiders and lizards could be. Remember, they are dealing with this kind of thing to research ways to improve the cure of diseases, there's an element that I don't see anyone talking about around the web, something of the Ultimate Spider-Man run... that's what I think it's the secret. There's more to Richard and Mary run than testing with spiders and lizards, I guess. And if it's only that, I can guarantee that it wasn't fate that made Peter Spider-Man. It was an accident, there's just no way in hell that a man that wrote this:

parker-letter2.jpg

Would experience on his own son and after that runaway WITHOUT him. Richard made yet another breakthrough, or tried to stop them because he found out something, but if he had experienced some kind of experiemental drug on his own son, he would just never leave his own son behind. That's what Curt could do, not Richard. That's where the line between these two obsessed man is drawn. Just sharing my two cents, I've been a Spidey fan my whole life, there's some sort of things that I just can predict from how much I'm paying attention to this.

Disagree. Post detailed review. If people don't want to read it then they don't have to read it.

Why would someone want a detailed review if the film isn't even out yet? This is RIM and Tim_Higgins prerogative, but I'll really like to ask them to not do it. People should know about this film through watching it, not through a "detailed review" of something that isn't even out yet. There's no way this will stop here, and the way some people are avid to trash this, I'd be more excited with a spoiler free review then a full of spoilers one. But oh well, that's my point of view, I'd like to read how other regulars around here feel about this.

Why would someone want a detailed review if the film isn't even out yet? This is RIM and Tim_Higgins prerogative, but I'll really like to ask them to not do it. People should know about this film through watching it, not through a "detailed review" of something that isn't even out yet. There's no way this will stop here, and the way some people are avid to trash this, I'd be more excited with a spoiler free review then a full of spoilers one. But oh well, that's my point of view, I'd like to read how other regulars around here feel about this.
I just want to see whether or not they like the movie. There are always spoiler tags.

Wow, claw marks on his head, damn!

Otherwise, I'll do a detailed review, with some spoilers, but those who dont want to read it, will not.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/08/11...e-end-of-a-story-makes-it-better-study-finds/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"