The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I'm not overreacting now when I tell you guys that I get goosebumps everytime I see that 1 minute clip, and that's because of Andrew's acting! Wow he's perfect!!

They can if the fire reaches the gas tank

Nope. Not at all. Cars do not explode when they are on fire. In fact, most gas tanks these days are made from plastic so it would simply melt and the gas would burn out. There may be a flare up once the fire hits the gasoline but it won't explode.

I am a firefighter and have been for the past 9 years. I have fought somewhere around 60-70 car fires, truck fires, and even a couple of semi truck fires and not once did any of them explode. It's just a made-up hollywood myth type thing. Unless there is something else in or on the car to make it explode such as a propane tank or other explosive material, it won't happen. Cars on fire do not explode. Period.

Okay, that preview was pretty disappointing. It was pretty much the same as Trailer #3 besides the first minute or too, which was the best part. The CG honestly looks really poor, let's hope the story and characterization are stronger than these effects.

Okay, that preview was pretty disappointing. It was pretty much the same as Trailer #3 besides the first minute or too, which was the best part. The CG honestly looks really poor, let's hope the story and characterization are stronger than these effects.

I'd prefer to see less rather than more. We have plenty of footage out there between all the trailers and international trailers. There's no need to further spoil the movie. I know too much already. I'd rather know less and be somewhat surprised when I see it rather than have it revealed to me prior. The preview was enough to get people excited about the movie. Besides, if they showed too much I'd be more concerned than anything. Remember when they showed the first 10 minutes of SM3?

Hey, UltimateWebhead I didn't know you're a fire fighter, that's cool! :) You're a hero then!

I'd prefer to see less rather than more. We have plenty of footage out there between all the trailers and international trailers. There's no need to further spoil the movie. I know too much already. I'd rather know less and be somewhat surprised when I see it rather than have it revealed to me prior. The preview was enough to get people excited about the movie. Besides, if they showed too much I'd be more concerned than anything. Remember when they showed the first 10 minutes of SM3?

Did they actually? LOL.

Nope. Not at all. Cars do not explode when they are on fire. In fact, most gas tanks these days are made from plastic so it would simply melt and the gas would burn out. There may be a flare up once the fire hits the gasoline but it won't explode.

I am a firefighter and have been for the past 9 years. I have fought somewhere around 60-70 car fires, truck fires, and even a couple of semi truck fires and not once did any of them explode. It's just a made-up hollywood myth type thing. Unless there is something else in or on the car to make it explode such as a propane tank or other explosive material, it won't happen. Cars on fire do not explode. Period.

The awkward moment when you realize GTA lied about cars exploding :|

On a serious note,respect to you man

Hey, UltimateWebhead I didn't know you're a fire fighter, that's cool! :) You're a hero then!

Thanks man, but honestly, it's just a job. :woot:

Did they actually? LOL.

Are you being sarcastic? lol. IMO, if they are showing too much it means they are trying to sell something that isn't any good.

The awkward moment when you realize GTA lied about cars exploding :|

On a serious note,respect to you man

Don't blame GTA lol...it's a very common Hollywood myth. I'm not sure when it started but it's certainly very false.

What the hell? How could Hollywood just.. just lie to us like that?

What the hell? How could Hollywood just.. just lie to us like that?

th_iiam-1.gif

Releasing clips is a lot more common now. It doesn't really indicate that the movie is weak; it can actually be the opposite. Keep in mind the prologue and other clips released for TDK. It can also be a sign of confidence from the studio. Either watch the clip or don't, but I wouldn't over think it.

Maybe they do if you fire a bullet into the gas tank..

Haha! No. Gasoline will not cause an explosion. It may rapidly set on fire causing a quick flare up but it will not create an explosion.

It's like the whole "fire a bullet into a propane tank and it will explode"

They busted that on mythbusters. The only way you could do that is if your gun has incendiary rounds...but Hollywood continues the trend. Some things just look cool despite the lack of realism and I'm willing to turn my brain off for that ;-)

Cars can, on rare occasion “explode”, but it’s certainly not in the shrapnel-throwing, mushroom-cloud explosions seen in movies. Its more so a momentary burst of flame and heat when the flames reach an accelerant or from a compartment’s structure failing due to the expanding gases inside. Tires and some bumpers have been known to "explode" as well.

[YT]s_gNpTPLltM[/YT]

The "explosion" happens twice in this video. Nothing remarkable like in the movies, but still not something a little kid would want to be in.

Cool, but I am a super cop from the future

No but seriously, pretty cool! :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe