The Amazing Spider-Man "The Amazing Spider-Man" In The Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

Plus...Avi Arad has already dismissed it and Spidey isn't a major player with the Avengers. We need to get to Ant-Man, Wasp and Black Panther first. Spider-Man should only appear if we can get other characters as well, such as Wolverine and the Fantastic Four. If not, then we can survive where Spidey is solo in his own universe. Besides, his universe is pretty big since he has such a wide selection of villains and stories to boot. Him, Batman and Superman, imo, belong in their own universe because they have the most interesting villains.

And yes, even with the rumored World's Finest film, I still believe Bats and Supes belong in their own universes.

And yes, even with the rumored World's Finest film, I still believe Bats and Supes belong in their own universes.

You lost me here.

Do you have ANY idea, just how completely. ****ing. AWESOME that would be?! I would **** myself the second the poster came out.

Of course, this could be a few years away seeing as how Nolan shares your views and is heading up Batman and funding Superman, haha.

You lost me here.

Do you have ANY idea, just how completely. ****ing. AWESOME that would be?! I would **** myself the second the poster came out.

Of course, this could be a few years away seeing as how Nolan shares your views and is heading up Batman and funding Superman, haha.

Nolan is a smart man if he shares my views, lol.

As I mentioned though, Spider-Man, Batman and Superman each have an amazing rogue gallery, moreso than any superhero and that's why I believe that there could be so many films with just those heroes going solo because of the rich villains and stories that could be created. Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America...they don't have that many villains that would fit the bill, and if Justice League is created, that would make sense for Green Lantern, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and et cetera because they have sloppy enemies as well(the only decent one out of the bunch I can think of is Sinestro, lol).

But, some won't share the same views as myself and Nolan, haha. And while such a World's Finest movie would be incredible, it's just something I wouldn't think is really a good idea. At least for now anyways. Maybe after a good run for both heroes, then I may change my mind.

tbf i was talking about a cameo rather than merging the films, i understand that actually having the characters appear in as characters in other studios films poses massive problems, a cameo for the fans...not so much..

@Anno_Domini

See, that's the same problem that people have with a reboot of...anything! And it's stupid. Who's to say that making a World's Finest Movie destroys the ability to have just a Batman movie, or just a Superman movie? People complain about reboots, and how the original(s) are is(are) such a revered classic or their favorite movie. Great. Just watch that movie. A reboot doesn't destroy the original(s) from existence. Unless there is more to your post than meets the eye...

tbf i was talking about a cameo rather than merging the films, i understand that actually having the characters appear in as characters in other studios films poses massive problems, a cameo for the fans...not so much..

I think mentioning/showing another character, not under their contract, is violating said contract. But, hell, what the **** do I know?

©KAW;21194509 said:
Ang Lee's Hulk was boring and the two leads were horribly miscast. As a character, the Hulk was soulless just as I deem Raimi's Spider-Man (CGI or not).

It's not about realism for me, I want characters and stories that are not hokey, with actors delivering something believable on screen. I don't see any of that with Favreau or Raimi.

Yeah, its best we not mention Iron Man 2, it needs to be blocked from everyone's mind. I'd take Mann over Favreau or Raimi any day. Every director has their slips up movies (even Spielberg), but there is nothing under Favreau or Raimi's belt that comes close to Mann's Heat or Collateral as filmmakers, not one of their films to date.
So what exactly didn't you like about IM dude? I completely agree with you on Gwyneth Paltrow, but I definitely enjoyed the heck out of both films. IMO, the most honest stories Marvel Studios has come out with.

I think mentioning/showing another character, not under their contract, is violating said contract. But, hell, what the **** do I know?

oh yeah it certainly would be but i would have thought the two companies could have come to an agreement much easier for a cameo than sharing films.

oh yeah it certainly would be but i would have thought the two companies could have come to an agreement much easier for a cameo than sharing films.

That would be nice...but this is Sony. Sony is greedy. Sony is cheap. Sony is...god dammit, Sony is freakin' terrible!

What's the point of having some sort of cameo and NOT merge the films, though?

@Anno_Domini

See, that's the same problem that people have with a reboot of...anything! And it's stupid. Who's to say that making a World's Finest Movie destroys the ability to have just a Batman movie, or just a Superman movie? People complain about reboots, and how the original(s) are is(are) such a revered classic or their favorite movie. Great. Just watch that movie. A reboot doesn't destroy the original(s) from existence. Unless there is more to your post than meets the eye...

Rumor has it, as with the WF rumors itself, they are wanting to use Christian Bale and Henry Cavill, so it'll ruin their own franchises, imo, as much as Batman & Robin ruined what Burton created.

I mean, if there is a World's Finest movie, then that's great, but keep it away from the series of the films that we are getting now. Use that Hammer dude and someone else. I don't want a Superman film after World's Finest to sound like Iron Man 2 with Gotham cameos and what not.

You lost me here.

It would be cool, but tbh, for some reason I just don't see myself going absoloutely crazy over it.

As much as I enjoy having Spider-Man in his own film, I think a little cameo or a mention from somebody like Iron Man in one of The Avengers movies would be AWESOME.

"Say, you guys heard about that kid swinging around New York in red and blue PJ's?"

xD

It would be cool, but tbh, for some reason I just don't see myself going absoloutely crazy over it.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be one of the first to go ****-crazy for a World's Finest movie, but I still believe Bats, Supes and Spidey belong in their own universes. They are the "Big Three" in my book for top superheroes and they have the best villains than any other rogue gallery.

for fun, and because although it's never likely to happen as a film it would be a nice moment for the fans.

For fun? That's what references are for, not cameos, imo. I mean, not being a cameo or anything, Fury's scars is likely a reference to Wolverine but we can't get him in the MCU.

I don't want to see Spider-Man become an Avengers in the films ever, myself. I never felt he worked in the Avengers.

Spidey is not an Avenger we need, imo.

That goes to Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, Hawkeye and Black Widow.

That line-up is all we need and it'll be perfection.

I don't want to see Spider-Man become an Avengers in the films ever, myself. I never felt he worked in the Avengers.

Agreed.

I'd love to see him run into Nick Fury (especially if they make his parents a big deal) and them have a contentious/unfriendly relationship like in USM, but he never worked as an Avenger. When he joined the Avengers in 616 it was the beginning of the end for the character (Sins Past, organics-in-comics, Iron Man's sidekick, willful public unmasking, Civil War dupe...OMD/BND).

But an acknowledgement he's a small part of a larger universe would be nice....but it'd have worked better with the Raimi movies. Webb's tone is too Nolan-ized to work in the MCU, as I've stated several times.

Spidey is not an Avenger we need, imo.

That goes to Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, Hawkeye and Black Widow.

That line-up is all we need and it'll be perfection.
Agreed. Though, I see Ant-Man and Wasp coming into the picture in the sequel to Avengers.

Agreed.

I'd love to see him run into Nick Fury (especially if they make his parents a big deal) and them have a contentious/unfriendly relationship like in USM, but he never worked as an Avenger. When he joined the Avengers in 616 it was the beginning of the end for the character (Sins Past, organics-in-comics, Iron Man's sidekick, willful public unmasking, Civil War dupe...OMD/BND).
Slott's run has been pretty good, have you been reading it?

I think he COULD work, if Bendis wasn't writing all of the Avengers books. It seems like a natural progression that Spidey would eventually get to hang out with the big boys.

Agreed. Though, I see Ant-Man and Wasp coming into the picture in the sequel to Avengers.

I honestly think we'll see Black Panther before Ant-Man and Wasp, imo.

Wright's idea for Ant-Man doesn't sound close to MCU's timeline at all. And you can't even have Wasp if you don't have Ant-Man, imo.

Slott's run has been pretty good, have you been reading it?

I think he COULD work, if Bendis wasn't writing all of the Avengers books. It seems like a natural progression that Spidey would eventually get to hang out with the big boys.

I can't read a post-OMD story. It seems forced and like the character betrayed everything he was to get him to a point where editorial deems him most profitable. I've tried to read a few issues since and it just feels false to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"