The Amazing Spider-Man "The Amazing Spider-Man" Soundtrack Ideas?

LOL! Ironic post of the year!

:whatever:

Please, by all means....let me know what this exactly means. I mean, I hate on films that are awful, such as Spider-Man 3 and things that DESERVE it...so what makes this so ironic? Am I hating or bashing on certain things that makes you stay up late at night or what?

The only person in the mainstream music biz I'd trust with a movie score would be Trent Reznor. Especially with a film like this. Other than that, Hans ****ing Zimmer please.

Which is sad that you can only trust Trent Reznor (who I hardly consider a film composer) and the generic and overrated Hans Zimmer) with any film score. Sadly that's what Webb might go for a musician like Reznor or an MV/RC composer (since Zimmer's busy on TDKR anyway). There are plenty of composers more qualified than Reznor and Zimmer & his MV/RC composers to score ASM.

Which is sad that you can only trust Trent Reznor (who I hardly consider a film composer) and the generic and overrated Hans Zimmer) with any film score. Sadly that's what Webb might go for a musician like Reznor or an MV/RC composer (since Zimmer's busy on TDKR anyway). There are plenty of composers more qualified than Reznor and Zimmer & his MV/RC composers to score ASM.

Can you read? I said the only person I'd trust from themainstream music business to compose a film would be Trent Reznor. And Trent Reznor could compose the **** out of a movie and I don't even like Nine Inch Nails. He's just a ridiculously talented musician that can do pretty much anything musically.

Obviously there are plenty of composers out there that could do the job, but people are talking about having ****ing mainstream music playing in the background of the entire film which would be so stupid. As I said, this isn't Kick-Ass or Scott Pilgrim. I want orchestral music only.

And Hans Zimmer is overrated?

I'm not even going to respond the overwhelming amount of stupidity in that comment.

Can you read? I said the only person I'd trust from themainstream music business to compose a film would be Trent Reznor. And Trent Reznor could compose the **** out of a movie and I don't even like Nine Inch Nails. He's just a ridiculously talented musician that can do pretty much anything musically.

Yeah and then you also stated Zimmer. So that's two people. Very freakin limited choices. Two choices I wouldn't want near this. So just b/c you beleive he scored the heck out of The Social Network (since that's the only movie he's scored so far) proves that he can score a Spiderman movie ? :whatever:

Obviously there are plenty of composers out there that could do the job, but people are talking about having ****ing mainstream music playing in the background of the entire film which would be so stupid. As I said, this isn't Kick-Ass or Scott Pilgrim. I want orchestral music only.

I agree ASM's music should be mostly orchestral.

And Hans Zimmer is overrated?

Yeah imo he's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated especially up here (SHH). Everytime a cbm franchise/reboot goes into production and people start naming composers they want to write the music. Zimmer gets mentioned way too much. Just b/c he scored BB/TDK that means he can score MOS, ASM, GL, CA, Hulk, X-men, Thor, etc etc. Please. That would get old. Eventhough it already has for me.

People seem to forget that there are many other composers who are as capable as Zimmer and more who can score a cbm. Some composers still haven't been given an opportunity to score a cbm yet. If he did score ASM it would end up sounding like BB, TDK, Inception, Gladiator, Pirates and a crapload of his other action scores in the past few years. Not to mention it would end up sounding like scores that other MV/RC composers have written in the past as well. Since Zimmer and most of them all sound alike anyway.

Zimmer and his sound is too generic for Spidey, imo. ASM score needs something new and something appropriate for the character and movie. Not something we've already heard in Transformers and TDK and many other MV/RC scores.

I'm not even going to respond the overwhelming amount of stupidity in that comment.

Then don't. That's funny you think that's stupid that someone thinks Zimmer is overrated. I guess since Zimmer isn't the only (or isn't period)mainstream film composer I trust to compose a film score. That makes calling him overrated stupid to you.:whatever:

The point I'm trying to make is I hope we get somebody better than Reznor or Zimmer to score ASM. No musicians turning into film composers or MV/RC composers excluding John Powell. Since he's evolved from that sound for a while now.

You don't know how to read and comprehend, clearly.

Hans Zimmer IS NOT a mainstream composer. Trent Reznor is in "the biz". As in he's world famous for his music that is played on MTV and the radio. That is mainstream.

Hans Zimmer is not mainstream. He is an orchestral composer.

And for one, I never he knew he composed the music for BB or TDK. I heard his name from Inception, which had a ****ING INCREDIBLE score. You're out of your mind if you actually think he's "overrated".

And I mentioned Zimmer's name just to make a point that I want an orchestral composer who can write a completely orchestral score. I don't give a **** if Danny Elfman is signed on again for these films. My point is that I want an orchestral score. My other point is that I wouldn't want any MAINSTREAM MUSIC NAME in charge of a film's score aside from Trent Reznor.

Other MAINSTREAM names would include P Diddy, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, and any other person that writes or produces music that appears on the radio.

Thank you.

You don't know how to read and comprehend, clearly.

Hans Zimmer IS NOT a mainstream composer. Trent Reznor is in "the biz". As in he's world famous for his music that is played on MTV and the radio. That is mainstream.

Hans Zimmer is not mainstream. He is an orchestral composer.

I got what you were saying. The point I was making is I hope both don't get offered to score ASM. LOL saying Zimmer is an orchestral composer. When he's mostly about blending electronic instruments with an orchestra. I can hardly hear the orchestra when listening some of his scores that I own. Most of his scores tend to have synthesisers covered over the orchestra's peformance. I get what you're saying though.

And for one, I never he knew he composed the music for BB or TDK. I heard his name from Inception, which had a ****ING INCREDIBLE score. You're out of your mind if you actually think he's "overrated".

I guess I'm out of my mind then. To be fair I do own some of his scores. So although I think he's overrated when it comes to him scoring action/cbms. I do find some of his work like Hannibal, The DaVinci Code, Angels & Demons, Sherlock Holmes (to name a few) better than his Batman/action scores as of late. I thought Inception was pretty average. It was very loud, repetitive, distracting , and annoying (at times) in the film. Zimmer's score took me out of the movie a few times b/c of how distracting and loud it was. Inception was one of those movies (for me anyways) that needed my complete attention. Zimmer wasn't really helping in some scenes. That's cool you liked Inception's score.

And I mentioned Zimmer's name just to make a point that I want an orchestral composer who can write a completely orchestral score. I don't give a **** if Danny Elfman is signed on again for these films. My point is that I want an orchestral score. My other point is that I wouldn't want any MAINSTREAM MUSIC NAME in charge of a film's score aside from Trent Reznor.

Yes I agree with you except for the Zimmer and Reznor part.

Other MAINSTREAM names would include P Diddy, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, and any other person that writes or produces music that appears on the radio.

Thank you.

Yes I know what you are saying. I just disagree with you about Reznor and Zimmer scoring ASM. But that's fine if you like either of them to score ASM. I just rather we get someone else besides Zimmer or MV/RC composer or Reznor and the like. I didn't mean to get you riled up.

Lately I can't get this song out of my head;

[YT]wH70oczxqOU[/YT]
I don't know why, but I have this feeling Marc Webb will use this song at some point in the movie. Like in the end credits or something.

/\ Dude, I can DEFINITELY see that song being used - fits Peter's journey exactly.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb_R-_1Wuus&feature=related[/YT]
i would like for them to play this song in a later sequel when gwen dies and peter feel like he cant give his love to anybody else because it was stolen. kinda sappy, but i want that movie to make people cry with peter cause they lost someone they loved also. assuming most people like emma stone, a lot of people i know really do.

Okay... so let's think of other options, as far as incidental music is concerned. We've mentioned some hot names (Zimmer, Elfman, Reznor), but who else could write a score that would have the breadth of talent to enhance the experience, based on what we know so far? I'm drawing a blank, honestly, but I bet you guys could think of someone awesome.

[YT]Pb_R-_1Wuus&feature=related[/YT]
i would like for them to play this song in a later sequel when gwen dies and peter feel like he cant give his love to anybody else because it was stolen. kinda sappy, but i want that movie to make people cry with peter cause they lost someone they loved also. assuming most people like emma stone, a lot of people i know really do.

Funny enough I was listening to that song a little earlier before you posted it. :woot:
It could work I guess. :up:

(Ps: When you want to post a youtube video you only have to copy/paste everything after the v= in your URL, not the entire URL. I fixed it now. :cwink:)

Thanks! At first i used the quick post button and i was thinking wheres the YT button!?
What do you think of the script song? I personallhy like indie rock sthyke music so i think im going to like the direction mark webb will go in terms of music

I like the song, but I don't really know for what kind of scene they could use it. Maybe in the ending credits?

What do you think of Snow Patrol - Called Out in the Dark? I think that would be great for in the end credits.

Havent listened yet, im using a mobile fone lol. Yea i was imaging them using it as their credits song, cause usually they have songs with more guitar lol

i think the film will have a traditional score, however do think we will hear the music Peter Parker listens to in this film, there is at least one shot in the trailer with him wearing headphones and as part of the ipod-generation it makes sense that he would be listening to modern/current music. i can't really see this peter parker listening to film scores, can you?

If done right it can add to his character, hopefully it's not jarring and something that will date the film(i.e throwing in Katie Perry or Lady Gaga) but mainstream style music shouldn't be written off as cannot be done, because it can and it can be a useful tool. The problem comes when it's done for reasons other than storytelling, as sort of 'product placement advertising' or because the producers think its 'cool'

I trust that Mark Webb won't use it in this way, so if he has a use for mainstream music in this film then i say go for it :up:

summary: it's all about context.

I guess I'm out of my mind then. To be fair I do own some of his scores. So although I think he's overrated when it comes to him scoring action/cbms. I do find some of his work like Hannibal, The DaVinci Code, Angels & Demons, Sherlock Holmes (to name a few) better than his Batman/action scores as of late. I thought Inception was pretty average. It was very loud, repetitive, distracting , and annoying (at times) in the film. Zimmer's score took me out of the movie a few times b/c of how distracting and loud it was.

I agree. Those scenes in TDK came across as over the top when the Joker was threatening people. That constant droning was extremely irritating. Let the performance stand on it's own at times. It was just heavy handed and actually took away from the performance I feel.

Yes I know what you are saying. I just disagree with you about Reznor and Zimmer scoring ASM

Again we agree, I would rather have Harry Gregson-Williams if they are going down that road. How about Clint Mansell. How about Eno? Something a bit out of left field. But you seem to be one of the few who think Danna would be an interesting choice. He would be a composer that could breathe new life into the "superhero" score.:word:

Last edited:
it's got to have compelling bands; find some progressive content.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb_R-_1Wuus&feature=related[/YT]

Funny. I was just thinking about what song would be great for Gwen's death, too. I came to this conclusion.

A good composer I really think would be good is Christophe Beck. He's mostly known for composing Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but he's done things since such as american pie 3, hangover 1 & 2, due date, and crazy stupid love. I personally think he's one of the best around, better than Zimmer(though i do like his work too).

Also don't know what he's doing nowadays but Walter Murch(Godfather) would be also be good.

Personally tho I'd like some fresh blood who is as good as these two.

The Amazing Bumper-Man!

[YT]iT4Y2JleWrQ[/YT]

I can picture Peter Parker listening to this.

Again, everyone seems to be confusing music they like with music that is appropriate for the film. I bet this movie has a mostly instrumental, orchestrated soundtrack with a few classic rock or obscure indie rock songs thrown in the background. That's how Marc Webb seems to roll.

All the music listed here is just...ugh. Generic, flavor of the month stuff. Snow Patrol? Please. This isn't an episode of Smallville or the Gilmore Girls where they play a trite song in the background that happens to reflect the exact feelings the character on screen is having. That is insanely cheesy and lazy. It also cheapens and dates the film to a great extent.

Again, everyone seems to be confusing music they like with music that is appropriate for the film. I bet this movie has a mostly instrumental, orchestrated soundtrack with a few classic rock or obscure indie rock songs thrown in the background. That's how Marc Webb seems to roll.

I'm guessing this comment is directed at me.

Marc Webb does roll with an orchestra score with some rock music tossed in. I know that. I didn't post that song because I liked it, I posted it because I thought it was appropriate for the film.

Someone tell me, what exactly would comic book Peter Parker listen to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"