The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 5

Just read a comic book from 2010 about a russian mob, the Spot on a killing spree on them, Spidey paying a visit to JJJ in a failed attempt to make peace with each other etc.

That comic book just made me realise some things.

I'd LOVE for the next game (not movie based) to be grounded like in that comic book. I'd love for it to be all about the underground crimes and mob wars, with super villains mixed into it. A very grounded story that in the third act has Green Goblin appear (Norman being involved in it all) as the mastermind and main villain.

I absolutely LOVED the Spot in that comic book and I would love for him to be exactly like there with the exact same agenda (getting revenge on russian mobsters by assassinating them one by one).

The russian mobsters tried out a new gun which had X-ray aim and heavy ammo. I'd love for something similar in the game. Have that russian mob use those weapons.

Have other super villains in the game work for gangs in this gang war. Shocker, Chameleon, Rhino, Sandman, Electro etc. Have mob bosses to fight as well such as The Owl, Kingpin, Mr. Negative and so on. Then have villains with other agendas, which could be The Spot (who could join a gang that's against the russian one), Mysterio, Vulture etc. Have Green Goblin somehow be behind the main plot in an attempt to rule the criminal NY.

Another thing I thought of that I'd love that hasn't been in any game yet is the typical Spidey vs. JJJ banter where Spidey just appears outside JJJ's window to chit chat and mock him. I'd love to be able to do that whenever I feel like in a free roam game. With enough recorded dialogue, it could be awesome!

beenox has now released a spider-man game 3 straight years, in fact in total seems someone does churn one out every year since the next gen launched

2007; Spider-man 3
2008: friend or foe
2009: web of shadows
2010: shattered dimensions
2011: edge of time
2012: amazing spider-man

so with the next film 2 years away it's likely next year could be another version. Now that beenox is fluent in free roam, maybe they update the ultimate spider-man game with more of a next gen approach. 4

If any superhero has a rogue gallery rivaling Batmans it's spidey so I could see an arkham style approach working with thugs working for different villains. Though it should be noted bat villains are more evil plotters and the type to have henchmen whereas spidey villains are more physically gifted with super powers and thus stand alone. I couldn't help but notice the 'stealth mode' was far too similar to 'silent takedowns'

Yea, Activision releases Spidey games on a yearly basis. Thats been their business model for quite some time now.

Okay, I think I may have run into a roadblock in getting 100% on this game. When I first started playing, I put the game on medium difficulty, after a few levels I decided it was too easy and switched to hard mode.

I've been replaying in order to get all the collectibles and such and I thought I would have unlocked the trophy for beating it on hard by now since I replayed the early levels, but I haven't yet. Replaying, I noticed that I didn't fight Rhino the first time and Scorpion the second time like I did during the first play through. Since those two fights showed up as random crimes on my map, I'm worried I can't replay them and get my trophy.

Does anyone know if there's a way to replay those fights? I've replayed every level, except some of the Oscorp lab side missions, do they count toward 100% beating the game on hard?

I may just have to start a new record and replay all the story missions. Wouldn't be the worst since it's a fun game, but I'd rather not have to do that.

All missions including side ones should be repayable from apartment. FYI the only way you can get the one for playing in hard is if you've played on hard from beginning to end. Changing it once nullifies this and going to the chapter replay won't work

Lame. Pretty sure I've done that with other games in the past.

I'll have to check again, but I'm pretty sure I didn't see an option to replay the first Rhino and second Scorpion fights. Either way, looks like I'll just have to start a new record for that trophy. Oh well. Thanks.

Lame. Pretty sure I've done that with other games in the past.

I'll have to check again, but I'm pretty sure I didn't see an option to replay the first Rhino and second Scorpion fights. Either way, looks like I'll just have to start a new record for that trophy. Oh well. Thanks.
I dont see why you need to. You said you fought them once so you should have gotten those trophies already when you did

I got the trophies for beating them, yeah. But I'm pretty sure that when I fought Rhino the first time I still had the game on normal mode. Fighting him on hard is what I thought I might be missing from getting the hard mode trophy.

Pretty sure I fought Scorpion on hard both times. I only mentioned him because the Rhino and Scorpion fights come up as random crimes. Looks like I'm just going to have to play the whole game again.

I got the trophies for beating them, yeah. But I'm pretty sure that when I fought Rhino the first time I still had the game on normal mode. Fighting him on hard is what I thought I might be missing from getting the hard mode trophy.

Pretty sure I fought Scorpion on hard both times. I only mentioned him because the Rhino and Scorpion fights come up as random crimes. Looks like I'm just going to have to play the whole game again.
Well its a moot point now as you'd have to restart from Hard to get that trophy anyway

Yup. Overall it was just a stupid move on my part not playing on hard from the beginning.

I don't ******* believe it.

I completed the game a few weeks ago. I collected all the comics, and done all city challenges. However, I didn't collect all the things in the levels. So, I've done all that tonight, I got the platinum trophy. Then I went to the apartment, expecting to get the new black ASM suit...nope. I have to complete EVERYTHING I did those weeks ago...I have to complete city challenges and collect all the comics...AGAIN!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?
I'm on my way to complete it for the first time and I don't want the same to happen to me.

Whatever you do, make sure you collect everything and do everything before starting a new game...trust me, :p

I hope my words of warning will stop others from sharing my fate lol

I thought the game tells you that your costumes will transfer over when starting a new game, but not your stats.

I don't ******* believe it.

I completed the game a few weeks ago. I collected all the comics, and done all city challenges. However, I didn't collect all the things in the levels. So, I've done all that tonight, I got the platinum trophy. Then I went to the apartment, expecting to get the new black ASM suit...nope. I have to complete EVERYTHING I did those weeks ago...I have to complete city challenges and collect all the comics...AGAIN!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huh? Black Suit is gotten with 100% Since you got the platinum trophy, you should have the MAJORITY of that done. Why wuld you need to do everything over? Even if you did, do you really think all that time repeating everything is worth one costume (thats really not even that great)

So, I collected 540 pages so far. It already became annoying. 700 pages is overkill.
I already have all the comic books. Why am I collecting 200 more pages?

So, I collected 540 pages so far. It already became annoying. 700 pages is overkill.
I already have all the comic books. Why am I collecting 200 more pages?
A trophy/achievement and thats all. When I heard there were 700, I thought it was overkill as well. Gets even harder when theres like 50 or less bc they dont spawn as often so you will literally be swinging around the city for quite some time trying to find them.

Huh? Black Suit is gotten with 100% Since you got the platinum trophy, you should have the MAJORITY of that done. Why wuld you need to do everything over? Even if you did, do you really think all that time repeating everything is worth one costume (thats really not even that great)

I need 100% with the stats. I completed all the city challenges and collected all the comics a few weeks, which I got trophies for, but I didn't collect all the magazines, Oscorp manuals, etc, and I started a new game. I did 100% of the game tonight regarding the trophies. But I didn't know I had to get 100% of the stats within my new game to get the black costume. So now I have to do everything again, with the comics and challenges.

I'm going to get that costume...even if it kills me! I feel cheated! :D

I started off hating this game, but then I played Web of Shadows so now I kinda like it.

Call me crazy but Edge of Time is actually my favorite Spidey game this gen.

So...you all would recommend the ASM game then?

I started off hating this game, but then I played Web of Shadows so now I kinda like it.
Made you feel how superior TASM is?

I'm probably crazier than you in the perspective of more people than you could be

Thats how I feel about Shattered Dimensions.

I need 100% with the stats. I completed all the city challenges and collected all the comics a few weeks, which I got trophies for, but I didn't collect all the magazines, Oscorp manuals, etc, and I started a new game. I did 100% of the game tonight regarding the trophies. But I didn't know I had to get 100% of the stats within my new game to get the black costume. So now I have to do everything again, with the comics and challenges.

I'm going to get that costume...even if it kills me! I feel cheated! :D
That still makes no sense. Why are you starting all over again? Did you know you can replay ALL the missions from the menu in your apartment? Any collectible you missed, you can select the chapter it was in to retrieve it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"