The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 5

For the next game the Spider Sense but be much more clear. Sometimes when you're fighting off several thugs, it's very hard to notice the Spider Sense because it doesn't stand out enough.

Maybe add a little sound similar to what we have in the movie, and have the controller vibrate too. Make the Spider Sense sign easier to see as well.

For the next game the Spider Sense but be much more clear. Sometimes when you're fighting off several thugs, it's very hard to notice the Spider Sense because it doesn't stand out enough.

Maybe add a little sound similar to what we have in the movie, and have the controller vibrate too. Make the Spider Sense sign easier to see as well.

Yea i agree. I think the symbol should of been just a little larger. Eventually i got used to it, but at first it was a little hard to counter attack.

I'm not sure I'd only make it a little larger. Even if the signal looks pretty much exactly like it was drawn in the old comics, I'd prefer a more flashy Spider Sense with effects added to it like what I mentioned before. Maybe also make it slow motion for like half a second? I want it to look cool and be functional at the same time.

I'm not sure I'd only make it a little larger. Even if the signal looks pretty much exactly like it was drawn in the old comics, I'd prefer a more flashy Spider Sense with effects added to it like what I mentioned before. Maybe also make it slow motion for like half a second? I want it to look cool and be functional at the same time.

I just dont think thats necessary. I think it'd be cool to maybe have a slo mo effect, when you perform the counter, but i dont think it needs to slow down to give the user any time. I think that would make things a little too easy. All the sense needs to really do is warn the user of an incoming attack, i dont think it needs much more than that.

You're very right about it making it too easy. As you said, making it a little slow mo during the counter would maybe be better. But then, you wouldn't feel the speed of Spider-Man as much.

I wish the attacks would string together more smoothly.
Sometimes he repeats the same punch animation after he just did it. It doesn't flow well in the first attacks.

I like to dodge roll away from an enemy and then do an attack. There's some really cool animations and different attacks when you do this. I also don't just keep attacking the same enemy over and over when I'm in a group...I'll do one or two hits and then move to the next guy. It's great how easily Spidey can string those kinds of attacks together and when you see the Spider-sense symbol you can just attack the guy that is trying to attack you instead of just hitting dodge.

No, but they absolutely will.
The real question is: Will they make a Spidey game for 2013?

Thats just as easy to answer. Yes. Activision wants a Spider-Man game every year.

Which sad but, very true. It's catch 22, you want to appreciate Activision for ensuring that Spidey fans always have a new game to look forward to each year, but at the same time, you're never getting that "quality" Spider-Man game, just a thrown together title out to make a quick buck. I really wish Activision would take a hiatus from Spider-Man games for the time being so they can come up with some fresh ideas. Alot of ideas for ASM worked, but I think a 2 - 3 year dev time is what Spidey really needs

Which sad but, very true. It's catch 22, you want to appreciate Activision for ensuring that Spidey fans always have a new game to look forward to each year, but at the same time, you're never getting that "quality" Spider-Man game, just a thrown together title out to make a quick buck. I really wish Activision would take a hiatus from Spider-Man games for the time being so they can come up with some fresh ideas. Alot of ideas for ASM worked, but I think a 2 - 3 year dev time is what Spidey really needs
by that time it will be time for the ASM2 game. Should they really stop making games based on the comics and we only get movie based games for the duration of what will likely be a trilogy? Chances are we will most likely get another game next year and Im actually excited for one. Alot of the issues with EoT was that people felt it was rushed with the team only having a year to make it. Its since been revealed that a good number of the guys from SD were making ASM instead. Im optimistic that a Spidey game next year wont have the issues bc they'd presumably have been working on it since EoT ended, giving them 2 years worth of development and not their initial 1. ASM introced alot of good ideas and it should be intresting to see those applied to a comic based game

by that time it will be time for the ASM2 game. Should they really stop making games based on the comics and we only get movie based games for the duration of what will likely be a trilogy? Chances are we will most likely get another game next year and Im actually excited for one. Alot of the issues with EoT was that people felt it was rushed with the team only having a year to make it. Its since been revealed that a good number of the guys from SD were making ASM instead. Im optimistic that a Spidey game next year wont have the issues bc they'd presumably have been working on it since EoT ended, giving them 2 years worth of development and not their initial 1. ASM introced alot of good ideas and it should be intresting to see those applied to a comic based game

I agree with this! I look more forward to a comic based game than a movie one.

For a comic based game, how about something like this?

There's this huge blackout that is impossible to fix in New York going on, caused by Electro (who's working for someone). Something like that would seriously cause some chaos in a city like New York. Have it endure in several days in the story. Criminals take use of the situation and lots of famous Spider-Man super villains get out of prison and have their agendas during the black out as well. At the same time, Connors has mysteriously become Lizard again and is killing people in the night. Have Norman Osborn/Green Goblin somehow be involved in all of this in his attempt to take over the city.

What do you think about something like that? Would be a good way to make many characters involved ala Arkham City.

The only problem however is that it would be difficult to have the city be exciting at night time without all those lights.

Thats just as easy to answer. Yes. Activision wants a Spider-Man game every year.
2003, 2006, and 2009 had no Spidey games released on home consoles and PC, with exception to 2009 Spdiey game license was still in the hands of Treyarch, so there is a chance of no Spidey game next year, slim as it may be is

2003, 2006, and 2009 had no Spidey games released on home consoles and PC, with exception to 2009 Spdiey game license was still in the hands of Treyarch, so there is a chance of no Spidey game next year, slim as it may be is

Yes, but 2010, 2011 and 2012 had one. Plus it wasn't until around 2008 that Activision decided they wanted their franchises to be yearly titles.

As long as the game feels like ASM, i dont care if we get another title, in fact id want one. I just dont ever want to play another SM game like SD or EoT now that iv played ASM.

For a comic based game, how about something like this?

There's this huge blackout that is impossible to fix in New York going on, caused by Electro (who's working for someone). Something like that would seriously cause some chaos in a city like New York. Have it endure in several days in the story. Criminals take use of the situation and lots of famous Spider-Man super villains get out of prison and have their agendas during the black out as well. At the same time, Connors has mysteriously become Lizard again and is killing people in the night. Have Norman Osborn/Green Goblin somehow be involved in all of this in his attempt to take over the city.

What do you think about something like that? Would be a good way to make many characters involved ala Arkham City.

The only problem however is that it would be difficult to have the city be exciting at night time without all those lights.

I like that idea, like you said, it'd need some tweaks but i like the concept. Iv always wanted a game that sort of follows the novel Goblin Moon. Have Osborn be the one controlling all of these random crimes and what not. I really dont know, i just freaking want Norman damn Osborn in my Spider-Man game.

Holy glitching hell! LOL...I was playing and got the wierdest glitch which broguht the camera super close behind Spidey to the point where it looked like a first person Spider-man game. I captured a bit of it with my phone and made this gif out of it. Let me just say if ever Activision get the thought to make a first person Spidey game, that its not a good idea

-asm.gif

Yes, but 2010, 2011 and 2012 had one. Plus it wasn't until around 2008 that Activision decided they wanted their franchises to be yearly titles.

As long as the game feels like ASM, i dont care if we get another title, in fact id want one. I just dont ever want to play another SM game like SD or EoT now that iv played ASM.
They were doing it semi-annually anyway, and I don't really like any of the game released for the PS3 from 2k8-2011, especially that grand glitch ridden overrated craptacular WoS
Considering relieving myself from Activision officially if another turd is released next year

Holy glitching hell! LOL...I was playing and got the wierdest glitch which broguht the camera super close behind Spidey to the point where it looked like a first person Spider-man game. I captured a bit of it with my phone and made this gif out of it. Let me just say if ever Activision get the thought to make a first person Spidey game, that its not a good idea

-asm.gif
When did it happen? As soon as you pressed start?
Did you need to exit and continue to fix it?

-asm.gif

That happened to me once. To get out of it, all you need to do is go into first person web rush and when you select a destination, the camera is normal again.

Randomly while playing the game. I had to exit out to fix it.
Annoying glitch

That happened to me once. To get out of it, all you need to do is go into first person web rush and when you select a destination, the camera is normal again.
Dragon it, I forgot about the web rush
At least easy fix is a nice thing

I like that idea, like you said, it'd need some tweaks but i like the concept. Iv always wanted a game that sort of follows the novel Goblin Moon. Have Osborn be the one controlling all of these random crimes and what not. I really dont know, i just freaking want Norman damn Osborn in my Spider-Man game.

Thank you! :) Yeah, it definitely would. Sure, much of the game could take place at day time, but it would still be difficult to make it look good with a black out. Still, it would be an event that would bring out alot of villains and criminals.

I haven't read Goblin Moon unfortunatel. Never even heard of it. But I like what you say there about Norman being the one controlling the crimes. As you said, we really need Norman Osborn to be used to his potential in a game.

I'd love if Willem Dafoe would reprise his role as Green Goblin (and have the TSSM voice actor for Norman).

-asm.gif
I've gotten this, too.

technically

2004 - Spider-Man 2

2005- Ultimate Spider-Man

2007 - Spider-Man 3 and Spider-Man: Friend or Foe

2008 - Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

2010 - Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

2011 - Spider-Man: Edge of Time

2012 - The Amazing Spider-Man

there is a chance they could release another game, they just haven't announced anything as of yet, plus it's only been a month since ASM, so I think they would wait til towards the end of the year before they announce a new title

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"