The Amazing Spider-Man v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, people complained about there not being much story potential with MJ, like she was just dragged along. I think Slott could have made it work. He has the talent.

This is true. Some writers could write a good MJ (JMS), others not. But, as 'clones pointed out, Slott sees continuity as a springboard, not a roadblock, like many writers who complained about a married Spider-Man.

I'm sure one day, Claremont will see the need to revisit it all in his Amazing Spider-Man Forever comic. (The comic line that should be subtitled..."If only they had listened to me!")

Check it *****es.

5OMXN.png

Looks interesting, nice to see the family out together and the insect army looks cool....but did we really need more Carlie vs MJ? Enough! We get it already!

I think Dan cribbed MJ's internal monologue from JustABill. Seriously, every single post from him says almost the exact same thing.

I wonder if he'll get a kick out of it, or if it will just stoke the flames...

I think Dan cribbed MJ's internal monologue from JustABill. Seriously, every single post from him says almost the exact same thing.

I wonder if he'll get a kick out of it, or if it will just stoke the flames...

It's funny that you said that... I felt like I was reading a JustaBill post as I was reading that panel... :woot:

:yay:

I like that MJ in becoming insanely jealous because Pete is able to do with Carlie something he was never able to do with her.

i don't get what carlie and pete are able to "Do" that mj and pete weren't, other then the writers forcing that angle

i don't get what carlie and pete are able to "Do" that mj and pete weren't, other then the writers forcing that angle

Peter & Carlie didn't necessarily do anything together... it's Peter....

Read the script... Peter's putting his life together... being happy, getting a dream job, juggling Spider-Man & his life... having a girlfriend...

... just so happens that it's with Carlie... not MJ.

:yay:

I think Dan cribbed MJ's internal monologue from JustABill.

I think Dan is cribbing the thoughts of a lot of us, me included!

I like that MJ in becoming insanely jealous because Pete is able to do with Carlie something he was never able to do with her.

I'd say there are over twenty years of comics that would say otherwise.

Actually as much as I got a chuckle out of MJ hating on Carlie.

Where the hell did it come from? Granted I haven't read the latest issue yet, but wasn't SHE the one who told Peter to go to her? She's the one that set them up and now she's hating? Damn, MJ make up your mind. Do you want him or not? And if you're gonna fight her for Peter. I totally got your back. :D

PS: I know you can kick her little boring ass. Cop or not, she probably is a frail little thing.

I appreciated this reminder that Dan Slott is writing an alternate universe fixfic featuring various author's mouthpieces and not actually trying to tell an interesting story about well-written characters. :up:

I jumped on when the Big Time tag started and these past few issues are the first time I've truly loved Spider-Man. I enjoyed the Gauntlet/Grim Hunt arcs last year but could never get into a Spidey ongoing. The Slott/Ramos team has me hooked though! I'd never really seen much of Humbertos stuff before but now I'm a massive fan!

So wait, i dont get it, MJ still wants to be with peter? I thought they made it painfully clear in OMIT that MJ didnt want to be with Peter anymore and they weren't "meant" to be together and that one day he'll find "the one"?

The Slott/Ramos team has me hooked though! I'd never really seen much of Humbertos stuff before but now I'm a massive fan!

Glad to see you like his work too! I've been a big fan of Ramos and I'm glad to see some of the fans warm up to him!

So wait, i dont get it, MJ still wants to be with peter? I thought they made it painfully clear in OMIT that MJ didnt want to be with Peter anymore and they weren't "meant" to be together and that one day he'll find "the one"?

The way I read it is, MJ really wants Pete to be happy and thought he could be with Carlie. Now that it is actually working, MJ still has feelings for him. I believe she still really loves him. It's just the Spider-Man thing that gets in the way.

I see it as a positive, because I think down the line, they will bring MJ & Pete back together (and no, I don't mean they'll bring the marriage back, but bring them back as a couple).

I think after who knows how many years that it's been Peter and MJ, it's gonna be pretty hard to forget that, which is why hope will one day prevail.

Here's what kills me about this. Slott's playing an angle showing MJ jealous over Carlie because she and Peter can have what MJ and Peter can't... save that we have 20 years of continuity showing that they can and did. And yet, in 4 issues we pretend that didn't happen and now it's still being rubbed in our faces that it can't work out - when it did! :rolleyes:

How can I or anyone get interested in this subplot when it's just fanfic theory and absolute horse crap?! Yes, Peter CAN love and live with MJ and be happy and balance his Spidey life with his married life, and he can even have a job. He's had them before and Horizon could have happened to a married Spider just the same so that's not a big deal. We've seen this work for 20 years and now we're supposed to read this issue talking about how it didn't? And we're supposed to take that seriously or care about it?

I mean, COME ON!!! If you want to be ******ed and erase 20 years of marriage, fine, but don't write jealousy stories telling us it could never have worked between them when we saw 20 years of it working without fail. That's just stupid. If for the sake of the story we have to ignore the marriage, whatever, but now we're to forget what we read entirely in order to accept the current story as being relevant (regarding MJ).

Seriously, just kill the chick off. She's written better that way I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"