Inhumans The Anson Mount is Black Bolt Thread

Black Bolt's costume, if that is indeed what this is, is a bit disappointing but perhaps this isn't his full outfit. Although if I'm being honest, I'm not sure how good a faithful BB costume would look onscreen. Even in the comics (depending on who is drawing him) he can look kinda silly IMO.

WE NEED THIS.....

17309875_1661073897243959_174932443731866216_n.jpg

Honestly if you can do Deadpool and Spidey's costume, this shouldn't even be an issue. Yes, he wears it constantly, but whatever.

I saw earlier on another forum someone saying that Black Lightning took Black Bolt's outfit, :hehe:

IMG_2500.jpg

My thoughts exactly.

I don't watch DC shows but at least they embrace the costumes more than these Marvel shows.

Well they won't want to copy Black Lightning's costume then. No wonder he's getting a generic black suit or just a business suit.

Marvel TV and Marvel NETFLIX producers have long standing, noted issues with dressing their heroes properly. It's a chronic issue. It's like putting restrictor plates on your product. DC does Gorilla Grodd and King Shark near perfect on a TV budget, Marvel cannot pull off Deathlok, costumes in general for that matter. Iron Fist again repeated the problem. They treat costumes as a treat/ fan service, not as a necessity.

Every time I hear a producer refer to costumes as goofy, I want them fired. They talk big about character, but they don't want to portray characters properly. It's like Instead of a 2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, we give you a primer black 1988 Aries K. You get a costume on 1/4 characters. And that is apparently asking too much.

Marvel Television is just not great. I just saw gotgvol2 and that was so much fun than all of Netflix's Marvel shows.

Marvel TV and Marvel NETFLIX producers have long standing, noted issues with dressing their heroes properly. It's a chronic issue. It's like putting restrictor plates on your product. DC does Gorilla Grodd and King Shark near perfect on a TV budget, Marvel cannot pull off Deathlok, costumes in general for that matter. Iron Fist again repeated the problem. They treat costumes as a treat/ fan service, not as a necessity.

Every time I hear a producer refer to costumes as goofy, I want them fired. They talk big about character, but they don't want to portray characters properly. It's like Instead of a 2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, we give you a primer black 1988 Aries K. You get a costume on 1/4 characters. And that is apparently asking too much.
Hard for me to disagree. Costumes are a part of these character iconography. IMHO it makes them more than random vigilantes. It means they have to be symbols. They have to be greater than some wannabes. They are the legends who will protect the streets and they are the ones who will run into danger and put themselves between the weak and innocent.

You know what I love about Anson Mount? He is all in on this role. He tweets about it and he's been promoting the Black Bolt comic (issue #1 is out today and its fantastic) over on Twitter. I really think it's great to see an actor that excited about a role they're playing.

You don't see the other actors doing what he is doing...except for maybe Brie Larson and the AOS cast. Go check out his Twitter. He's all into the role.

I was talking about him promoting the comic book, not his dedication to the role.

Sometimes it's not about looking goofy. Costumes need a reason to be worn. Most characters in the mcu so far have either a fairly faithful costume with a really good explanation for it or a loose adaptation that's good enough and makes sense. Obviously comic fans would rather have the former, but sometimes costumes in the comics are just there because superheroes are supposed to wear flashy costumes even if the costumes aren't logical. It's hard to come up with a reason why Blackbolt looks the way he traditionally does, so the easy solution is to drop the mask and make the rest of the costume fit the theme of the story.

Personally, I'd probably still find a way to make the mask work. Blackbolt looks incomplete without it.

Sometimes it's not about looking goofy. Costumes need a reason to be worn. Most characters in the mcu so far have either a fairly faithful costume with a really good explanation for it or a loose adaptation that's good enough and makes sense. Obviously comic fans would rather have the former, but sometimes costumes in the comics are just there because superheroes are supposed to wear flashy costumes even if the costumes aren't logical. It's hard to come up with a reason why Blackbolt looks the way he traditionally does, so the easy solution is to drop the mask and make the rest of the costume fit the theme of the story.

Personally, I'd probably still find a way to make the mask work. Blackbolt looks incomplete without it.

And especially hard for Scott Buck. :o

Blackbolt is an Inhuman who lives in Attilian, which is a completely different society to the rest of earth. He doesn't need such a big reason.

And apparently Scott Buck couldn't find ONE single reason why Danny Rand would wear a costume as Iron Fist. That shows he completely lacks any imagination. Buck would probably not even have the Inhumans in any costumes if it were up to him. Medusa would not have long hair, and there would be no oversized dog named Lockjaw.

No mask is fine, IMO. But he should have the tuning fork. Some have said it's corny or stupid looking, but in a show with a giant teleporting dog, a woman with living hair, etc. I don't see the issue.

Yeah, ditching the mask is okay, but the tuning fork is a fairly notable part of his image. Make it a crown, like others have suggested, and it fits fine with "otherworldly king" as a concept.

Blackbolt is an Inhuman who lives in Attilian, which is a completely different society to the rest of earth. He doesn't need such a big reason.
That's exactly it. Blackbolt's comic costume looks like what you'd expect an earthly superhero to wear, rather than a king from a secret society on different planet (err... "moon"). It looks like a run of the mill superhero costume. You could recolor it red, white and blue and basically have Captain America's costume.

Don't get me wrong, there are many creative ways to adapt Blackbolt's comic costume and make it fit the theme of the series, but even in the comics it's one of those costumes that's there just because and doesn't really say anything about the theme of the character, his powers or his background.

The costume they've given him is pretty boring, but it does look like somewhat otherworldly, regal garb. There's nothing to say that we won't get some headgear though. We barely know anything about this show.

Last edited:
You know, amidst the other fears, I hope they don't go for the lowest common denominator "Black Bolt has sonic powers" thing. That would honestly irk me more than the costume.

I just need the mask. Anson's face is comic book material.

Anson was one of the few things that were salvagelable. GIve him a mask and proper costume and the show becomes 1000% better

After watching this guy play Black Bolt, I couldn't help but think what a great Batman this guy could make. He certainly has the jaw for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"