Inhumans The Serinda Swan is Medusa Thread

tumblr_otf6mdsVEV1tlgqkgo1_540.gif

tumblr_otf6mdsVEV1tlgqkgo2_540.gif

This would look better if that was for a film and not TV.

Its too bad, they really wasted the inhumans on Tv. I just don't see how characters like Medusa and Black Bolt would interact with Steve and those other Avengers in a film. Like without the X-Men and the F4, they seemed like the perfect candidate to fill the gap but eh now, they are downgraded to TV with the cheap looking production.

Notice how the gif-maker had to crank up the contrast to off-set the unfortunate colour-grading.

Notice how the gif-maker had to crank up the contrast to off-set the unfortunate colour-grading.

true, but youtube videos are encoded so that blacks and saturation are lost. so they are never a true reflection of the product. but i agree that cinematography looks uninspired in general. hopefully they are working on that.

Usually? Probably, although it's badly inconsistent? I decided to compile a few images. Top row is Jack Kirby (Medusa's first appearance and two right around "Among us Hide."). The middle picture illustrates part of the problem which is the hair seems to be moving so much in Kirby's work that you can't really tell how long it is. In the next row, I have John Byrne on the left (sort of calf-length hair, but also moving around so it's hard to say). The right is Jae Lee, but I frankly think it's inconsistent within the same issue (the left of the two seems to be knee or ankle length, the right is thigh length and roughly the same as the trailer). The bottom is from Joe Madureira in Inhuman, which isn't just floor length, it's well beyond it (that being said, it always seems to be longer in action than when still). The right is Steve McNiven from Uncanny Inhumans and is exactly floor length.

1aaba0ec058be276ed5f.jpg

Yeah, it always sort of bugged me in the comics when it was shown relatively short walking around, but then it looked like it was 10 feet long when she was actually using it.

548144-med2.jpg

Though I guess one could argue that hair that was able to move like that could also be extensible.

Still, I'd make it floor length to give her as much to work with as possible. I would assume she would grow it long with that in mind.

Has the concept of hair-cuts for Medusa ever been addressed in the comics?
Does she get it cut? Does she feel it? Does the hair feel it? :shrug:

Yeah, it always sort of bugged me in the comics when it was shown relatively short walking around, but then it looked like it was 10 feet long when she was actually using it.

548144-med2.jpg

Though I guess one could argue that hair that was able to move like that could also be extensible.

Still, I'd make it floor length to give her as much to work with as possible. I would assume she would grow it long with that in mind.

Has the concept of hair-cuts for Medusa ever been addressed in the comics?
Does she get it cut? Does she feel it? Does the hair feel it? :shrug:

In the comics, until recently, Medusas hair could only be cut if she wanted it to be cut. Otherwise taking scissors to it does nothing

It's described as steel hard. I don't know if that's real steel or metaphorical steel, but it's either indestructible or extremely durable unless she wills it otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"