Sequels The Avengers casting thread

I wonder if Mads Mikkelsen passed on Malekith, Marvel might still consider him for Ultron (if that's who they're going with)?

I wouldn't mind that. He's a great actor

Ultron should be CGI and some animatronics, not a man in a suit. Now if you're talking about his voice, that's another matter.

Ultron = Douglas Rain ... "I can't let you do that, Hank."

HAL-9000-reflecting-Daves-entry-in-Stanley-Kubricks-2001-A-Space-Odyssey.jpg

Ultron should definitely be a man in a suit. If gives the performance/character a much more tangible feel, and is almost certainly cheaper

They can do it like the Iron Man suits, with CGI "fillings"

ElQhk.jpg

If they don't want to force the actor to go full-on C-3PO

peVT4.jpg

Also IIRC the ILM guys were saying it was easier to work with the CGI "fillings", as it improves the actor's range of motion so that a fully CGI double wasn't often necessary, while keeping a large portion of the costume completed for them

Nathan Fillion would make a good Simon Williams/Wonder Woman, with Jason Bateman playing Eric Williams/The Grim Reaper.

In my Avengers movie idea, Williams Munitions are picking up the slack since Stark Enterprises got out of the weapons business, building things for SHIELD, America and America's allies using Ionic energy as a power source. Simon is a cheerful movie buff who uses some of his millions to produce fantasy movies (Arkon, Marvel's Conan expy). Eric is dour and has created "reapers" for SHIELD.

Nathan Fillion would make a good Simon Williams/Wonder Woman, with Jason Bateman playing Eric Williams/The Grim Reaper.

In my Avengers movie idea, Williams Munitions are picking up the slack since Stark Enterprises got out of the weapons business, building things for SHIELD, America and America's allies using Ionic energy as a power source. Simon is a cheerful movie buff who uses some of his millions to produce fantasy movies (Arkon, Marvel's Conan expy). Eric is dour and has created "reapers" for SHIELD.

....I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Fillion playing a cross-dresser from a different comic-book universe. :dry:

I have no idea what character she would play, but Alice Eve needs to be in a Marvel movie at some point. Just saw her in Crossing Over and just... wow!!

(She wouldve been a great Emma Frost btw)

If she needs to dye her hair, so be it. Just cast her pronto!!

Ms. Marvel or Mockingbird are obvious choices. In fact, now Im certain - Alice Eve IS Carol Danvers:

Alice-Eve-1.jpg

Make it happen Joss!!

edit: okay someone at CBR beat me to it:

aaaliceasmsmarvel-eve-in-maxim.jpg

Enchantress

I'd rather have Eve as Ms Marvel honestly. I think she's the best actress Marvel can get for the role and that Enchantress has a wider casting pool than Ms Marvel.

I was just watching Veronica Mars for nostalgia/re-acquainting myself cause of the movie.

I was thinking Kristen Bell would make a great fit into the universe, either as a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent or as a hero either Ms Marvel or Wasp if you die the hair.

kristen-kristen-bell-23544234-300-400.jpg

I mean she's friends with Joss Whedon yes?

I'd rather have Eve as Ms Marvel honestly. I think she's the best actress Marvel can get for the role and that Enchantress has a wider casting pool than Ms Marvel.

why? did yvonne strahovski die?

I believe you meant to say too much of a "schlock."

April Fools was yesterday, not today.

That was a cruel April Fools Joke they played on us. I swear they keep getting worse every year.

There was even one of Andrew Lincoln wanting to quit The Walking Dead

We're sensitive nerds, it's not funny :argh:.

sorry for that...i found it the second of april and wasnt aware of that joke...guess im not up to date like most of you guys...sorry

My choices for new members:

Ms. Marvel - Alice Eve / Yvonne Strahovski
Ant-Man - Bradley Cooper
Wasp - Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Eve would be good for The Enchantress as well, so not sure out of the two for Ms. Marvel.

I might get a lot of crap for this but my Hank Pym choices are Joel McHale, Adam Scott, Chris Hardwick, Raffe Spall, or Ewan Mcgregor

I was just watching Veronica Mars for nostalgia/re-acquainting myself cause of the movie.

I was thinking Kristen Bell would make a great fit into the universe, either as a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent or as a hero either Ms Marvel or Wasp if you die the hair.

kristen-kristen-bell-23544234-300-400.jpg

I mean she's friends with Joss Whedon yes?
I always liked her for Wasp personally.
why? did yvonne strahovski die?
Despite her being a horrible suggestion, her popularity has yet to die, so no.
I might get a lot of crap for this but my Hank Pym choices are Joel McHale, Adam Scott, Chris Hardwick, Raffe Spall, or Ewan Mcgregor
I can live with Adam Scott and Ewan McGregor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"