Sequels The Avengers casting thread

I want Luke Cage!
sy2syp.jpg

2q3u5gk.jpg

And Jake Gllfltlylylylllfldldldssosomething looks the spit of Wonder Man!

Interesting, if left-field, theory; but I agree, I doubt they'd intro Wasp in IM3....I just don't see how she fits there.

The reason I feel like Janet Van Dyne would work as a supporting character in Iron Man 3 is that the plot features nanotechnology. Janet, a scientist who also helps develop technology that allows a person to shrink/grow, would make sense. Not to mention, it would help pave the way for Ant Man, which Marvel is intent on making.

I would love for Bethany Cabe to be in IM3, as she's my favourite Stark girl. However, it almost seems as if Marvel have amalgamated part of her character into Pepper Potts, who serves more or less the same function. Since Stark is in a relationship with Potts, Cabe seems kind of redundant sadly. She could be head of security, but isn't that Happy Hogan's job? The two have never shared the same duty. If Cabe is any kind of love interest, it would mean that she's only temporary since Paltrow is the leading lady.

The only way to have Cabe is if Paltrow stops playing, in which case Cabe would probably take over that role of Stark girl, kind of in the same way as how they're using Gwen Stacy instead of Mary Jane in The Amazing Spider-Man.

I just hope they don't turn Bethany Cabe into any kind of traitor or ruin her character. It's better not to use her than abuse her.

The latest set report rumors (hearsay) indicate a love triangle "or rectangle," with Pepper apparently getting cozy with Killian (Guy Pearce). It's possible that as a result, or as a cause (chicken or the egg), Tony starts a fling with Hall's character. If that's the case, I'd look for Hall to be Cabe or Whitney Frost, before she'd be Maya Hansen.

The reason I feel like Janet Van Dyne would work as a supporting character in Iron Man 3 is that the plot features nanotechnology. Janet, a scientist who also helps develop technology that allows a person to shrink/grow, would make sense. Not to mention, it would help pave the way for Ant Man, which Marvel is intent on making.

Interesting; but I don't think they're going to let Janet debut as The Wasp before Hank Pym debuts. In fact, Joss even mentioned that they originally had Janet in the Avengers script, but wrote her out because he didn't really know how to fit her in. I think that's Joss' way of saying he didn't want to step on Edgar Wright's toes and steal Ant-Man's thunder in the shrinkage department.

Honestly, if they introduce her as a nanotech expert, I wouldn't expect her to shrink or do anything Wasp-like. It'd just be an intro to her as a scientist in the Marvel world.

Honestly, if they introduce her as a nanotech expert, I wouldn't expect her to shrink or do anything Wasp-like. It'd just be an intro to her as a scientist in the Marvel world.

You mean, have Janet Van Dyne essentially replace Maya Hansen from Ellis' Extremis arc?

Well, I....
....can't really find anything wrong with that at all. :yay:
Other than I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea of Rebecca Hall becoming a gin-u-wine superheroine in future Avenger movies.

zb9qo.jpg

To be off topic, I really want Clint in this sort of costume for A2.

Who would you guys cast for Pietro and Wanda?

I was thinking something like Logan Lerman and Phoebe Tonkin... too young?

And, I could be wrong, but I have a feeling Rebecca Hall (The Prestige) is playing Janet Van Dyne in Iron Man 3 to pave the way for Edgar Wright's Ant Man film.
Rebecca-Hall.jpg

wait..... that wouldnt be a bad choice at all.

mmm.... interesting point. lets see what happens.......... :yay:

Last edited:

Both too young. Phoebe could play someone though, im not too keen on lerman

I got no offers for Pietro, but some for Wanda:

Mila-Kunis-Best-Pictures-5.jpg

Mila Kunis

11663203_ori.jpg

Rashida Jones

michelle_trachtenberg.jpg

Michelle Trachtenberg, for a younger Wanda

What do these three have in common, besides being hotties? They're all of Russian descent, and I think would bring some ethnic authenticity to the character.

Olga Kurylenko my man,

Her, too; but isn't she interchangeable with Rashida Jones? ;) They might as well be twin sisters. And I'd give Rashida a few more points' worth of geek cred than Olga.

I got no offers for Pietro, but some for Wanda:

Mila-Kunis-Best-Pictures-5.jpg

Mila Kunis

11663203_ori.jpg

Rashida Jones

What do these three have in common, besides being hotties? They're all of Russian descent, and I think would bring some ethnic authenticity to the character.

But they never used the Russian descent for Natasha Romanoff, instead going for Scarlett Johansson. Any of the above could've been Black Widow and would've looked the part.

But yes, they could use one of them for Wanda, as well as Olga Kurylenko, who should've been Black Widow in the first place.

I doubt we will see Wanda. They couldn't even get the Skrulls from F4.

BTW when you say a younger Wanda, Michelle is 26, which is only 1 year younger than Scarlett Johansson. So that's not like she will be a teenaged Wanda. In that pic she also looks a little like ScarJo herself.

I doubt we will see Wanda. They couldn't even get the Skrulls from F4.

Actually, Feige has specifically stated in different interviews that they can use Wanda *and* Skrulls. They just can't refer to Wanda & Pietro's Magneto or mutant origins, and they can't use the Super Skrull, but the entire Skrull race was never licensed specifically to Fox.

Wait... Wanda is Russian?

Not completely sure, but Maximoff sounds Russian doesn't it? Although if it were properly Russian, it should be Maximova, just like Widow's name should be Romanova (which it is in some versions - ie Natalia Romanova). Maximoff is the male form.

I've always thought Wanda was more Romanian or something though. I suppose if she's a gypsy, she could be a Russian gypsy.

Transian.
But that's a fictional country, somewhere in the Balkans. Bottom line, it'd be nice for the actress that plays Wanda to be Eastern European.

In the unlikely event that Jessica Drew comes up in the movie, I think I'd want her played by Emily Blunt...
Emily_Blunt_4.jpg
spiderwoman1.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I would prefer see SW's power set joining the team than another powerhouse.

In the unlikely event that Jessica Drew comes up in the movie, I think I'd want her played by Emily Blunt...
Emily_Blunt_4.jpg
spiderwoman1.jpg

Not bad. Jessica was British originally anyway.

But they HAVE to keep the sexy red and yellow costume. That is one of the sexiest costumes in comics, so they better not modify it to something more "practical" and less skin tight.

The best way to get the same effect as in the comics is for the actress playing Jessica Drew not to wear a costume at all, but simply to wear body paint, like they do for those Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Models spreads each year where they paint on their bikinis. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"