Sequels Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

WHile the roster won't "change" persay,we definitally will be getting new members I am sure

My problem with them being in the avengers movie is that right now, even though they are all marvel characters, spiderman is different from the xmen, they each are their own thing, just like the avengers are their own thing. Having them ALL exist in the same universe would be cool. However, putting spiderman and wolverine in a movie with the avengers (who at this point are their own thing, from a film's standpoint) would take away from hulk thor cap and ironman, and sort of become viewed as spiderman wolvering first. Having two big characters in a franchise with lesser known characters that worked its' way to the top would, in my eyes, take away from the avengers.

Spider-Man might take away from Iron Man, but I don't think Wolvie would. I think Iron Man's taken Wolverine's spot as Marvel's second biggest character.

Okay, logic...

Avengers part one won. What if part two doesn't while at the same time Justice League does? Don't you think this could change a a lot?

There's no way in hell that Avengers 2 will bomb, the only way that could happen is if it's literally the worst movie of all-time. I wouldn't be surprised if Avengers 2 takes Avatar's spot as the highest grossing movie of all-time...or at the very least takes the number two spot from Titanic.

jaqua99 said:
her deal is the same as mine. We are sick of spiderman being discussed in this thread. He will not be on the roster in avengers 2. This thread is about the roster, and other characters who may appear, ie, vision, wasp, antman, giantman, or characters who may dissappear. This isn't about phase 2 characters, this is about the Avengers roster. Far too many times this thread has been off topic because Venom wants to try to convince us that Spiderman should be in the movie, whether it be a cameo or whatever, cause it will benefit sales. And it then turns into a spiderman i the avengers thread, which is NOT the topic of this thread, I was so close to PM'ing a mod about this.

I was thinking about Hobgoblin... He's a great mod, and I'm sure he can help you.

her deal is the same as mine. We are sick of spiderman being discussed in this thread. He will not be on the roster in avengers 2. This thread is about the roster, and other characters who may appear, ie, vision, wasp, antman, giantman, or characters who may dissappear. This isn't about phase 2 characters, this is about the Avengers roster. Far too many times this thread has been off topic because Venom wants to try to convince us that Spiderman should be in the movie, whether it be a cameo or whatever, cause it will benefit sales. And it then turns into a spiderman i the avengers thread, which is NOT the topic of this thread, I was so close to PM'ing a mod about this.

Yeah, no, I kind of got that by reading spideymouse's post. I specifically edited my post so that this kind of rant wouldn't pop up. I mean, you actually quoted the part of my post where I said I got it, so you'd think... Nevermind, I guess it's best to just get it out of your system. Go ahead, Tell us how you really feel.

Personally, I don't think anyone will get the shaft. IF anyone does, it SHOULD be widow. Clint was pretty badass, he needs more, he really does. Thor, Hulk, Cap, and Ironman are the big four. They are certainly here to stay

Obviously the big four wont get shafted, I agree. Don't understand why you think Widow's role should get cut down. If they are juggling in new characters, I don't see where there will be room for Black Widow OR Hawkeye in the story, and if I had to pick one to be included in any meaninful way, it would, without a doubt, be Black Widow. Not only has she proven herself more versatile and useful than Hawkeye, she's also vastly more interesting (both of which are only understandable, seeing as her screen-time dwarfs his). In the end, I could see them both getting sidelined in favor of new characters, but not one or the other.

Ideally for me? They introduce maybe one new character and further develop the original team's dynamic. Doubt that's going to happen though...

I was thinking about Hobgoblin... He's a great mod, and I'm sure he can help you.

YUP

lol

Yeah, no, I kind of got that by reading spideymouse's post. I specifically edited my post so that this kind of rant wouldn't pop up. I mean, you actually quoted the part of my post where I said I got it, so you'd think... Nevermind, I guess it's best to just get it out of your system. Go ahead, Tell us how you really feel.

I didn't even notice that to be honest, I was rushing, and only noticed the "whats your problem" part llol, my bad there, but damn strait I am gunna tell you how i really feel, in fact, I already did. nothing wrong with being fustrated, and speaking my mind. If you get fustrated by something I say, or do, by all means, blow up at me lol. But i'm done pointing fingers, and i am sorry all, i can be an irritable person, most certainly.

Obviously the big four wont get shafted, I agree. Don't understand why you think Widow's role should get cut down. If they are juggling in new characters, I don't see where there will be room for Black Widow OR Hawkeye in the story, and if I had to pick one to be included in any meaninful way, it would, without a doubt, be Black Widow. Not only has she proven herself more versatile and useful than Hawkeye, she's also vastly more interesting (both of which are only understandable, seeing as her screen-time dwarfs his). In the end, I could see them both getting sidelined in favor of new characters, but not one or the other.

Ideally for me? They introduce maybe one new character and further develop the original team's dynamic. Doubt that's going to happen though...
Oh personally, I don't think Widow's role should be cut down. Did I say that? If I did, I didn't mean it like that, NONE of them should leave, but if one of them did HAVE to leave, I would prefer it be widow, simply because I'd like to see Hawkeye explored a bit more. I don't think either one of them will go, like you, it will be one or the other, but if one of them does, I would prefer it be widow. Though hopefully it's neither.

and I wouldn't be so sure. We may not get more than two new characters. Either way, I feel like any NEW members would sort of play second fiddle to the big four, as they certainly seem to be the central avengers. They could further develop their dynamic, if the other avengers are in a way, supporting characters.

Not supporting, but you know what I mean

Seriously, what is your deal? :csad:

EDIT:

Ah, okay, that makes sense.

Very eager to hear about the new roster. I wouldn't really care if Hawkeye or Hulk were cut out, but there's no way that they're going to drop the green guy. Everybody loved him for some odd reason. Part of me wants to see more development of Hawkeye, but I think the part of me that wants to see new characters join the roster outweighs that.
My deal is that this has been talked about endlessely for as long as I've been here, and it won't happen. it's maddening.

In what might be the first solid and official answer to the title question of this thread, Kevin Feige might have just let slip the actual roster for Avengers 2:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/24/avengers-2-kevin-feige-joss-whedon/

"It's still early days," he said, "but I told [Whedon] after reading the first sketch outline he delivered — and there's a lot of work still to do, he has to sit down and turn this into a movie — but there are already seven things in there that are worth the price of admission alone."

Don't bother asking Feige what those seven things are — believe me, I tried; the man is a vault. But Feige insists that some of "the seven" won't make sense to fans until the upcoming Marvel movies like "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" hit theaters.

Sounds very, very much like Feige saying that Falcon joins the team, as has long been rumored, and that he's the only addition for Avengers 2.

My deal is that this has been talked about endlessely for as long as I've been here, and it won't happen. it's maddening.

You know what's maddening to me? When people don't even read the post that they're quoting.

When ever I see something along the lines of "I want" and "Spider-Man in the MCU", my mind goes into shut down.

In what might be the first solid and official answer to the title question of this thread, Kevin Feige might have just let slip the actual roster for Avengers 2:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/24/avengers-2-kevin-feige-joss-whedon/

Sounds very, very much like Feige saying that Falcon joins the team, as has long been rumored, and that he's the only addition for Avengers 2.
I don't know if the "seven things" are necessarily regarding the roster itself (though I won't rule it out)--I just think he means he has identified seven things in the script that will jump out at people and get butts in seats. I'm not saying Falcon won't be joining the team; I'm just saying that it might not be what Feige is referring to here.

You know what's maddening to me? When people don't even read the post that they're quoting.
I think she was only responding to your "What's your deal?" question, which was directed towards her, and not the rest of your post, which was responding to me.

I don't know if the "seven things" are necessarily regarding the roster itself (though I won't rule it out)--I just think he means he has identified seven things in the script that will jump out at people and get butts in seats. I'm not saying Falcon won't be joining the team; I'm just saying that it might not be what Feige is referring to here.

I think she was only responding to your "What's your deal?" question, which was directed towards her, and not the rest of your post, which was responding to me.

That's how I read it too.

Why would Feige sit around and count exactly how many beats or plot points are in a script? Does ANYBODY do that? Seriously?

Without cheating, try to tell me how many beats/plot points were in Avengers. Or any movie you care to think of. Better yet, try to do that in *just the few seconds* it would take for you to respond to an interviewer's question about that. That seems highly unlikely that Feige would know right off the top of his head that there's exactly seven plot points in Avengers 2 (and honestly, there's probably far more than that anyway) and he would just blurt it out during an interview.

Seven things worth the price of admission: seven Avengers. How obvious can you get?

Why would Feige sit around and count exactly how many beats or plot points are in a script? Does ANYBODY do that? Seriously?

Without cheating, try to tell me how many beats/plot points were in Avengers. Or any movie you care to think of. Better yet, try to do that in *just the few seconds* it would take for you to respond to an interviewer's question about that. That seems highly unlikely that Feige would know right off the top of his head that there's exactly seven plot points in Avengers 2 (and honestly, there's probably far more than that anyway) and he would just blurt it out during an interview.

Seven things worth the price of admission: seven Avengers. How obvious can you get?
As a member of the audience, no, I cannot tell you off the top of my head. But if I spent 2+ years as a producer, helping make decisions in the inner workings of a blockbuster movie's pre-production, production, and post-production, you can bet your ass I would know how many there were and would be able to spout them off one by one. I'm not saying Feige was counting plot points, but I do think that he's pored over any script Joss has handed to him thus far, and be very familiar with anything exciting popping out of it. It's his job.

I think it's far more unlikely that he would be hinting at a 7-man roster by saying what he said. I'll repeat my point that when he says "already seven things in there," that he's hinting that there will be even more to come.

I think 7 was jsut a number be pulled, and I think he's talking about things like this...hypothetically, Thanos has a 1 on 1 brawl with hulk, cap lifts thor's hammer, ultron gets revealed, minor "cool" things like that

This could work on the big screen where Captain America and Iron Man have fallen to Thanos, and Thor musters up what strength he has left to fight alongside Hulk against Thanos. They could even have Hulk winning for a bit until he loses when Captain America is capable of coming to and grabbing the hammer to hit Thanos with it. All cliche, but it would have an impact with audiences.

You make it seem like counting to 7 is such an excruciatingly difficult task for Fiege that he'd need to "sit around" for ages, thinking really hard to, do it.

As a member of the audience, no, I cannot tell you off the top of my head. But if I spent 2+ years as a producer, helping make decisions in the inner workings of a blockbuster movie's pre-production, production, and post-production, you can bet your ass I would know how many there were and would be able to spout them off one by one. I'm not saying Feige was counting plot points, but I do think that he's pored over any script Joss has handed to him thus far, and be very familiar with anything exciting popping out of it. It's his job.

I think it's far more unlikely that he would be hinting at a 7-man roster by saying what he said. I'll repeat my point that when he says "already seven things in there," that he's hinting that there will be even more to come.

Then wouldn't he have said, "There's at least seven things in there already....?" Seven is a very specific number. He was thinking of something specific. And what is "worth the price of admission?" What do you think audiences go to Avengers movie to see? I'd say the vast majority would answer "superheroes."

I'd like to know why you think it's "unlikely" the hint points at the main characters.

This could work on the big screen where Captain America and Iron Man have fallen to Thanos, and Thor musters up what strength he has left to fight alongside Hulk against Thanos. They could even have Hulk winning for a bit until he loses when Captain America is capable of coming to and grabbing the hammer to hit Thanos with it. All cliche, but it would have an impact with audiences.

Cap wielding the hammer is about as annoying as the talk about Spiderman being in these movies.

I wouldn't mind him lifting it, but not wielding it, and Hulk and Thor fighting Thanos evenly would be cool. But Hulk shouldn't winning at all, nor should Thor, Thanos is in a bit of a different league than those two

tumblr_inline_mgcnrpT0K41qfb1ni.gif

tumblr_mdqrptH32d1qetz23o1_500.gif

Let them have fun imagining harmless things.

Is Iron Patriot/War Machine gonna be in this,if not,then what excuse will they give him for not showing up again when the world is being attacked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"