Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by Lorus, Jul 30, 2012.

1. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

WHile the roster won't "change" persay,we definitally will be getting new members I am sure

2. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

Spider-Man might take away from Iron Man, but I don't think Wolvie would. I think Iron Man's taken Wolverine's spot as Marvel's second biggest character.

There's no way in hell that Avengers 2 will bomb, the only way that could happen is if it's literally the worst movie of all-time. I wouldn't be surprised if Avengers 2 takes Avatar's spot as the highest grossing movie of all-time...or at the very least takes the number two spot from Titanic.

3. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

I was thinking about Hobgoblin... He's a great mod, and I'm sure he can help you.

4. CoolCadaver49

CoolCadaver49 Not a Hero...

Yeah, no, I kind of got that by reading spideymouse's post. I specifically edited my post so that this kind of rant wouldn't pop up. I mean, you actually quoted the part of my post where I said I got it, so you'd think... Nevermind, I guess it's best to just get it out of your system. Go ahead, Tell us how you really feel.

Obviously the big four wont get shafted, I agree. Don't understand why you think Widow's role should get cut down. If they are juggling in new characters, I don't see where there will be room for Black Widow OR Hawkeye in the story, and if I had to pick one to be included in any meaninful way, it would, without a doubt, be Black Widow. Not only has she proven herself more versatile and useful than Hawkeye, she's also vastly more interesting (both of which are only understandable, seeing as her screen-time dwarfs his). In the end, I could see them both getting sidelined in favor of new characters, but not one or the other.

Ideally for me? They introduce maybe one new character and further develop the original team's dynamic. Doubt that's going to happen though...

5. jaqua99

YUP

lol

6. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

My deal is that this has been talked about endlessely for as long as I've been here, and it won't happen. it's maddening.

7. Terror Inc.

Terror Inc. Well-Known Member

No diggity, no doubt.

8. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

In what might be the first solid and official answer to the title question of this thread, Kevin Feige might have just let slip the actual roster for Avengers 2:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/24/avengers-2-kevin-feige-joss-whedon/

Sounds very, very much like Feige saying that Falcon joins the team, as has long been rumored, and that he's the only addition for Avengers 2.

9. CoolCadaver49

CoolCadaver49 Not a Hero...

You know what's maddening to me? When people don't even read the post that they're quoting.

10. Hawkingbird

When ever I see something along the lines of "I want" and "Spider-Man in the MCU", my mind goes into shut down.

11. spideymouse

spideymouse Well-Known Member

I don't know if the "seven things" are necessarily regarding the roster itself (though I won't rule it out)--I just think he means he has identified seven things in the script that will jump out at people and get butts in seats. I'm not saying Falcon won't be joining the team; I'm just saying that it might not be what Feige is referring to here.

I think she was only responding to your "What's your deal?" question, which was directed towards her, and not the rest of your post, which was responding to me.

12. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

13. Kryptonian Titan

Kryptonian Titan Well-Known Member

That's how I read it too.

14. cherokeesam

Why would Feige sit around and count exactly how many beats or plot points are in a script? Does ANYBODY do that? Seriously?

Without cheating, try to tell me how many beats/plot points were in Avengers. Or any movie you care to think of. Better yet, try to do that in *just the few seconds* it would take for you to respond to an interviewer's question about that. That seems highly unlikely that Feige would know right off the top of his head that there's exactly seven plot points in Avengers 2 (and honestly, there's probably far more than that anyway) and he would just blurt it out during an interview.

Seven things worth the price of admission: seven Avengers. How obvious can you get?

15. spideymouse

spideymouse Well-Known Member

As a member of the audience, no, I cannot tell you off the top of my head. But if I spent 2+ years as a producer, helping make decisions in the inner workings of a blockbuster movie's pre-production, production, and post-production, you can bet your ass I would know how many there were and would be able to spout them off one by one. I'm not saying Feige was counting plot points, but I do think that he's pored over any script Joss has handed to him thus far, and be very familiar with anything exciting popping out of it. It's his job.

I think it's far more unlikely that he would be hinting at a 7-man roster by saying what he said. I'll repeat my point that when he says "already seven things in there," that he's hinting that there will be even more to come.

16. jaqua99

I think 7 was jsut a number be pulled, and I think he's talking about things like this...hypothetically, Thanos has a 1 on 1 brawl with hulk, cap lifts thor's hammer, ultron gets revealed, minor "cool" things like that

17. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

This could work on the big screen where Captain America and Iron Man have fallen to Thanos, and Thor musters up what strength he has left to fight alongside Hulk against Thanos. They could even have Hulk winning for a bit until he loses when Captain America is capable of coming to and grabbing the hammer to hit Thanos with it. All cliche, but it would have an impact with audiences.

18. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

You make it seem like counting to 7 is such an excruciatingly difficult task for Fiege that he'd need to "sit around" for ages, thinking really hard to, do it.

19. cherokeesam

Then wouldn't he have said, "There's at least seven things in there already....?" Seven is a very specific number. He was thinking of something specific. And what is "worth the price of admission?" What do you think audiences go to Avengers movie to see? I'd say the vast majority would answer "superheroes."

I'd like to know why you think it's "unlikely" the hint points at the main characters.

20. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

Cap wielding the hammer is about as annoying as the talk about Spiderman being in these movies.

21. jaqua99

I wouldn't mind him lifting it, but not wielding it, and Hulk and Thor fighting Thanos evenly would be cool. But Hulk shouldn't winning at all, nor should Thor, Thanos is in a bit of a different league than those two

22. RustyCage

RustyCage Come what may..

[​IMG]

Let them have fun imagining harmless things.

23. Hawkingbird

Okay.....

peasants :o

24. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Well-Known Member

Is Iron Patriot/War Machine gonna be in this,if not,then what excuse will they give him for not showing up again when the world is being attacked?

25. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

They'll release a comic to explain why. :)