BvS The Barry Allen/Flash Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i never really have a problem with racial changes, but when you've got other characters that fit the objective, it doesn't make sense to me. i think a black luthor is fine. but a hispanic flash when you can use rayner as gl or reyes as blue beetle doesn't compute for me.

I don't have a problem with race changes most of the time as long as the character either still looks like the comic book counterpart (Tadanobu Asano as Hogun, Jessica Alba as Invisible Woman... somewhat, Gal Gadot as WW), if the character is not a major character (Idris Elba as Heimdall, Kerry Washington as Alicia Masters), or if on rare occasion it just WORKS (Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin, JamieFox as Electro). Casting Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm or Denzel Washington as Lex Luthor don't fit any of these scenarios in my opinion. However, finding a hispanic actor that can still look like the comic book Flash isn't hard to do so I'm all for it.

They shouldn't change the characters race just for the sake of changing the race, but if an actor is right for a role I have no problems.

I'd be pretty pumped if we got Denzel as Lex

22452_sam-claflin.jpg

Sam Clafin. He was great in Catching Fire and has the sort of noble confidence and charm that Flash should embody.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that happened and I'd be all for it.

Last edited:
Barry Allejandro?

In all seriousness, I don't mind them making Barry Latino but they better be ready for the influx of speedy Gonzales jokes.
:hehe: alejandro means alexander in spanish.

allen barroso?:woot:

I'm actually surprised that so many are okay with the concept of changing the ethnic backgrounds for so many of these characters. I'm no racist or anything, but I would imagine that people would have had big problems if Superman were for example played by someone who was Black or Full Asian....or imagine if John Stewart was actually played by a white person, etc.

The new Superman

no latino actor mentioned at all??? you know it's going to be a latino actor, don't you? el was right.

no latino actor mentioned at all??? you know it's going to be a latino actor, don't you? el was right.

he's talking about jj abrams and batman n twitter right now. he's saying that he's speculating that perhaps abrams may be involved with the production of the gotham tv series.

I hope they're true, just to see Kevin Smith's reaction. :)

ЯɘvlveR;27361659 said:
oscar-isaac2.jpg

barry alonso laldies and gents.

love this dude. If barry must be hispanic, he'd be great

250px-Wally_West_2016.png

This is what the Flash looks like. I don't think these rumors are true, especially in regard to this character.

didja hear that Iris is Barry's black step-sister in the show? :)

The more interesting Flash looks like this. Barry is blond, either way he is not hispanic.

Don't be like that. Like those Japanese DBZ fans that went crazy after they casts a white Goku.

I personally don't mind it either way. It's not about the character's ethnicity, it's about staying true to what makes the character(his morals, his powers etc..) and making a good movie.

didja hear that Iris is Barry's black step-sister in the show? :)

That means Wally will most likely be black. I'm a bit disappointed, i was looking forward to a ginger superhero!
I do like the idea of Iris' family taking Barry in after his dad was wrongly convicted of his mom's murder

That means Wally will most likely be black. I'm a bit disappointed, i was looking forward to a ginger superhero!
I do like the idea of Iris' family taking Barry in after his dad was wrongly convicted of his mom's murder

I think Barry will be in the spin-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back