Justice League The Barry Allen/Flash Thread

If Ryan Reynolds fits any Flash, it's Bart Allen. Though he is far more suited for Hal Jordan than he was any of the Flashes.

Haha dude Im sorry but have you ever read a Wally comic? Ryan Reynolds is PERFECT for Wally.

Bart is first of all way too young, and his brand of childish humor does not suit Ryan Reynolds.

Wally's humor and wisecracks is tailor made for Ryan Reynolds. Hence why David Goyer wanted to cast him back when Goyer's Flash was in the works

And Ryan wasn't even really suited for Hal... Back when that film was still casting I really wanted Chris Pine or Bradley Cooper, who imo would have made infinitely superior Hals

Haha dude Im sorry but have you ever read a Wally comic? Ryan Reynolds is PERFECT for Wally.

:dry:

Bart is first of all way too young, and his brand of childish humor does not suit Ryan Reynolds.

Bart suffers from advanced aging and was in his late teens/early twenties as Flash. Just a little bit older than Wally when he became Flash.

Wally's humor and wisecracks is tailor made for Ryan Reynolds. Hence why David Goyer wanted to cast him back when Goyer's Flash was in the works
Ryan himself would seem to disagree here, considering he is producing and intending to star in a Deadpool film. Wally's humour is closer to Spider-Man where as Bart is closer to Deadpool.

And Ryan wasn't even really suited for Hal... Back when that film was still casting I really wanted Chris Pine or Bradley Cooper, who imo would have made infinitely superior Hals
Apart from Chris Pine I disagree with everything said there.

Agreed that Ryan isn't suited for Hal. It was one of the reasons the film failed. The first trailer marketed GL as Van Wilder in space.

Llama-
How can Ryan disagree that David Goyer wanted him for his Flash movie? Thats a fact...

Ryan Reynolds was the most popular fan choice for Wally for a long time, this is not just me that thinks this. You werent around when The Flash movie was in development, and when the failed JL movie was being made, he was a very popular choice for Wally and for good reason

I meant Ryan appears to disagree with your assessment of being "tailor made" for Wally. Hence, choosing to produce a film starring as a character with very different sensibilities to Wally and also choosing not to attach himself to any Flash film.

I'm not saying he couldn't play Wally. Just Wally isn't the best Flash for him.

People can go on about how wrong they think Reynolds was for Hal, but I can't take their claims seriously when someone as bland as Jensen Ackles seems to get mentioned for the role every five minutes. If that's truly the case, then perhaps Reynolds was wrong because by those standards, apparently Hal was supposed to be wooden and boring as s***.

Bradley Cooper would be a good choice for the Flash as Barry Allen or Wally West IMO.

I love the idea of Cooper as The Flash. I want Barry in JL though

I think Cooper would be great as Barry. He can play serious as well. Plus he already has the hair and build.

The Flash origin needs changing... He got doused with chemicals in a lab and it made him and his nephew super fast? That's a really lazy way to give him powers. Why hasnt someone tried to replicate this process?

Because Barry doesn't go about telling everyone. Why don't people in New York let spiders bite them?

The Flash origin needs changing... He got doused with chemicals in a lab and it made him and his nephew super fast? That's a really lazy way to give him powers. Why hasnt someone tried to replicate this process?

Thank you.

If you really need a further justification, use Abrakadabra. He could easily be reworked as a meddling time traveller from the future motivated by more than just personal whimsy. Even if he doesn't have a hand in it per se, it wouldn't be too difficult to use him to suggest that some kind of time loop is involved.

If you really need a further justification, use Abrakadabra. He could easily be reworked as a meddling time traveller from the future motivated by more than just personal whimsy. Even if he doesn't have a hand in it per se, it wouldn't be too difficult to use him to suggest that some kind of time loop is involved.

Someone named metaphysician should be a little less open to time travel plots..

There was also being struck by lightning.

And several people have. That's basically what happened with Wally.

Does the lightning go through the building hes in and into the lab hes working in? And does the lightning hit him and give him powers? Or does it hit the chemicals, which get all over Barry

I think origins like Flash's are best left in the shadows. Let there be an event, don't let the protagonist or anyone else be completely sure what happened. Then, the audience will individually fill in the blanks. The mind of the audience is the most important tool for any maker of art!

I think origins like Flash's are best left in the shadows. Let there be an event, don't let the protagonist or anyone else be completely sure what happened. Then, the audience will individually fill in the blanks. The mind of the audience is the most important tool for any maker of art!

I think I sort of get what you're saying. They could basically pull a Chronicle type deal with the origin and don't show what happened explicitly. I kind of like the sound of that. Especially since Flash has the best origin to pull something like this.

That could be used to kick the can down the road, but it would only delay the inevitable IMO. *Eventually* the audience is going to expect a proper exploration of what actually happened to turn a random scientist into a demigod.

Buy then, we'll have the whole DCU established, and no-one gives a sh**! :D

Garrett Hedlund for Flash!!
nm1330560

I'm glad Barry Allen is the Flash being used in the cinematic universe.

I have a soft spot for the Barry Allen and Hal Jordan friendship, so the Jordan comfirmation will make this fan happy.

The dynamic is needed to create the balancing act between the lighter characters and the more serious ones. :ilv:

flash_annual2cmyk_02_banner.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"