The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread - Part 1

tumblr_oelgwslEj71tdmwb4o9_1280.jpg

You know Newmar's Catwoman is the only one who never got to share the screen with any of the other big four rogues during the show's run. Kitt got to work with Romero in season 3. Of course Meriwether got to work with them all in the movie. Its a shame because I'd love to have seen Newmar chew the scenery with Meredith, Gorshin, or Romero.

I always wanted Newmar and Yvonne Craig to share a scene :csad:

Yeah, it would have been great if she shared time with the others. She was beautiful....still is.

The only villain she ever got to work with was the lackluster Sandman in season 2. I don't know why they paired Catwoman with him. Wish it had been Penguin or Joker. Not Riddler because Gorshin was unavailable in season 2.

She was a great Catwoman. Probably the most evil of the trio of Catwomen on the show.

While his episodes on the show weren’t the best, Norman Foster is a superb director who quite possibly brought a lot more to the show than is written.

I’ve recently visited all of the Charlie Chan and Mr. Moto movies, and his work on 9 films in between them are the high watermarks for both franchises. Chan at Treasure Island is a fantastic film, and featured Cesear Romero in his first antagonist, non Latin lover/Cisco Kid role. Moto’s fighting skills of jiu-jutsu, is filmed through leaps and brawls just like the Batman show. The use of clueless, comedic officers relying entirely on the independent detective is a huge Chan/Moto trope. Keye Luke as Number One Son is a dead ringer for Ward’s Robin with identical speech cadences and unwavering youthful excitement and dedication to his mentor’s person and profession. A Moto film even featured a Commissioner Gordon two months before he debuted in the comics.

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Foster was an uncredited producer in developing the show. His work along with the Chan and Moto film series definitely was a huge inspiration, regardless.

Last edited:
I've just started rewatching my Batman show box set. Will be watching all 120 episodes over the coming weeks.

Burt Ward is currently filming his scenes for CRISIS. I stumble upon this photo.
Neat he is wearing a red sweater with green and yellow trim.
I hope the name of the dog is ACE. Ace first appeared in BATMAN #92.

BurtWardCrisis.jpg

it'll be crazy if Ward is playing THE robin from 1966 batman, but now old and retired.
that would be such a treat for the fans.

I recently purchased the Lego Batcave based on this wonderful series. I was able to get it for a great price, the only thing not included was the original box but all bags are sealed. Going to start on it today, the instruction booklet alone is intimidating haha.

image-114325-0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"