The Batman comics recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of grants batman I bought the batman of arkham of ebay a couple of weeks ago. Its an elseworlds, about what if batman ran arkyum asylum in Victorian England and how he tries to discover why man kills.

I just bought Year One and The Long Halloween and my brother lent me The Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum. I will be tearing into them soon, and in that order.

I just bought batman the last arkham and man-bat off ebay, so when I get them I'll write a review of them.

I'm really liking the current arc of Batman/Detective Comics. It's a good story and it is getting rid of the lame-ass villains from Batman's rogues gallery. I highly recommend it.

hippie_hunter said:
I'm really liking the current arc of Batman/Detective Comics. It's a good story and it is getting rid of the lame-ass villains from Batman's rogues gallery. I highly recommend it.
Has Hush appeared yet? :o

Thankfully not. I really dig the current story.

You missed my inference. :o

I want Hush dead. :o

Yea I guessed it was sarcasm. I liked Hush , I just started heavily to dislike the character during A.J Liebermans run on Gotham Knights.

The Long Halloween, Dark Victory..both are like a MUST...love those two. Hush is good too. I

will get back to you when I read Dark Knight Returns when I get the chance cause I heard that one is good.

Also I am about to read Prodigal soon which is when Dick takes hold of the Batman mantle while Bruce is gone..so I am curious and looking forward to that.

CConn said:
Has Hush appeared yet? :o

The KGBeast, Magpie, and the Ventriloquist are dead (thank god, I always found the Ventriloquist extremely lame).

But no, no Hush yet. Hush isn't a bad character, he rocked in Loeb's run on Batman, he just really sucked in Lieberman's run on Batman: Gotham Knights.

hippie_hunter said:
The KGBeast, Magpie, and the Ventriloquist are dead (thank god, I always found the Ventriloquist extremely lame).

But no, no Hush yet. Hush isn't a bad character, he rocked in Loeb's run on Batman, he just really sucked in Lieberman's run on Batman: Gotham Knights.

What don't you like about The Ventriloquist?

Like, hippie_hunter said, the current crossover arc has been really good. It's a great place to start reading Batman for anyone who is looking for a jumping on point.

It was a same about hush the character had so much ponetial but it all got wasted away on that crappy Gotham Knights run.:down

Is there a list of specials within the Batman Comic Series instead of collected graphic novels?

I know that Year One starts at Batman #404 and Hush starts at Batman #608

Are there any other siginificant special arcs with great writers/artists and what issues are they at?

Hey. So far it seems that my most favorite Batman comics are the ones written by Jeph Loeb...so I am just wondering if he has written any other Bat stories I do not know about besides the following:

- The Long Halloween
- Dark Victory
- Haunted Knight
- Hush

It's pretty good. It's nothing amazing but a pretty interesting book.

hippie_hunter said:

Hush was a horrible story line and is a poorly executed character. Which is a shame since the idea is not bad.

I downloaded AA from BitLord and sorta am looking forward to reading it but have not had the time yet.

Spidey-Bat said:
It's pretty good. It's nothing amazing but a pretty interesting book.

Hush was a horrible story line and is a poorly executed character. Which is a shame since the idea is not bad.

Hush rocked :mad:

Hush Returns is what sucked major assage :o

trustyside-kick said:
I downloaded AA from BitLord and sorta am looking forward to reading it but have not had the time yet.

Did u buy it yet?

Nah, have not gotten around to reading it...the whole unique style of art kind of annoys me when trying to read off the computer. Perhaps if I had the book it would be easier to read. That is one of the disadvantages to downloading some comics from BitLord...gotta read off the computer.

By the way...for anyone who has not read The Man Who Laughs...it is incredibly good. I would have posted this a long time ago but I haven't looked at this thread in so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"