Top 3 favorite Batman Graphic Novels

Thinking of getting Hush (The FULL GN version...)
and then one of those Batman - Predator - Aliens thingys...

I miss Bruce wayne =|

Hush Volume 1
Dark Victory
Hush Volume 2

In that order.

I still have alot to read, so I don't expect that to be my list in a few months. I'm really interested in stuff like Gotham by Gaslight, Strange Apparitions, Gothic, and The Cult but I'm trying to get caught up in terms of the continuity first.

Right now it's

1. The Killing Joke
2. Hush
3. The Long Halloween

Hush Volume 1
Dark Victory
Hush Volume 2

In that order.

I still have alot to read, so I don't expect that to be my list in a few months. I'm really interested in stuff like Gotham by Gaslight, Strange Apparitions, Gothic, and The Cult but I'm trying to get caught up in terms of the continuity first.

I fund gothic interesting, but i wasn't impressed by the art. On the other hand, the cult is really crappy, and even if it owes a lot to The Dark Knight returns, I think it's unskippable.

Unlike Gothic and gaslight, the cult is in continuity, as it happes just before the cult classic "a death in the family".

I really liked the monster men but was disappointed by the mad monk. Not a fan of strange apparitions, as I'm not a fan of englehart.

City of crime was strange to say the least. There were some good moments but the ending was lame, and as everyone says, the art was awful. Pity, it had potential.

My new list:

DKR
Broken City(this is underrated. Just an awesome story)
Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader

Despite DKR being my #1, i really think people need to branch out more with Batman comics. There's so much good stuff out there and the only thing people think of when they hear Batman, or care to hear i should(and might) say, is "Hush" or "The Long Halloween".

Despite DKR being my #1, i really think people need to branch out more with Batman comics. There's so much good stuff out there and the only thing people think of when they hear Batman, or care to hear i should(and might) say, is "Hush" or "The Long Halloween".
so very very true.

my new favorite list:

Arkham Asylum (will always be my numer 1. In fact, it's even my "Numer 1" Graphic Novel overall)
The Cult
Year 100

3. The Dark Knight Returns
2. Punisher vs Batman
i-batman_vs_punisher.jpg

1.Batman: Year One

I think The Joker: Devil's Advocate is the most highly underrated Batman story and it just found it's way into my top 3.

1. the long halloween
2. dark victory
3. year one

1. Batman : Year One

2. Batman : The Long Halloween / Dark Victory

3. Batman : Hush

4. Batman : The Man Who Laughs

5. Batman : The Killing Joke

6. Batman : Knightfall

7. Batman : The Dark Knight Returns

8. Batman : Arkham Asylum

9. Batman : A Death In The Family

10. Superman Batman : Public Enemies

1. Batman : Year One

2. Batman : The Long Halloween / Dark Victory

3. Batman : Hush

4. Batman : The Man Who Laughs

5. Batman : The Killing Joke

6. Batman : Knightfall

7. Batman : The Dark Knight Returns

8. Batman : Arkham Asylum

9. Batman : A Death In The Family

10. Superman Batman : Public Enemies

Great list.:up::batty:

That list makes me wanna pick up the ones im missing.... particularly "The Killing Joke" Graphic novel

1) The Dark Knight Returns
2) Year One
3) The Long Halloween

1) Strange Apparitions
2) Year One
3) The Last Arkham

I don't even think The Long Halloween is even in my Batman top 10 let alone top 3.

*ducks tomatoes*

I agree with this guy

"Graphic Novel" as in "tpb with one connected story"?!

1. Year One
2. Strange Apparitions
3. Dark Allegiances (or The Untold Legend of the Batman, if you don't count elseworlds)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"