Top 3 favorite Batman Graphic Novels

Hm, no one's mentioned "Under the Red Hood", which is being turned into the DCAU's next feature animated film. It must be good if it got their attention.

I really loved "Face The Face". I love how Dini did flashbacks to it in his recent Tec' with the new Scarface ventriliquist. It gave me chills.

My top 3? I'll be honest, I haven't read as many as I wish, but for now it's:
1. Arkham Asylum - An abstract, experimental masterpiece. McKean, one of my favourite artists of all time, really makes Morrison's script poetic and magical. I adore every page.
2. Catwoman: When in Rome - I love it for what it is: a fun, short, action and humurous tale that you enjoy even more if you love "The Long Halloween" and "Dark Victory". Tim Sale's art is even richer here. I'm a huge fan of watercolour and wash.
3. Heart of Hush - Dini's latest Hush tale surprised me in twists and turns more than Loeb's original "Hush" series. It's much shorter, but damn, these issues were brutal, smart and best of all, dark. It never got too repetitive, it was fast, and to the point. I love it from start to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"