• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

You can do that, while making Thomas a "bad guy".

What I most likely expect, is if they go in Thomas, they will show him as passive. Someone who sees all this going on around him. The gangs, potentially the Court of Owls, and other such things, and because he isn't directly involved, he seems his hands are clean (except for some random late night call where he saves a mob boss). Even as he and his family have benefited from it. Bruce seeing through and paying the family penance would work for me. Especially if he did it based on the values he learned from his parents, even if they didn't directly follow them, themselves. Parents are natural hypocrites when it comes to their kids after all.
See I am totally good with that. Some hypocrisy with the parents is fine and natural and makes a ton of sense given that Bruce's parents died before he got to the age where you realize that your parents are only human and deeply flawed. It would make sense if he only has a very idealized perception of them. I just think they should have some redeemable qualities and not be corrupt sociopaths as some suggest.

You're right bro. What I learned form the Sopranos, where they constantly murdered people, is that as long as you show affection for those close to you, you still have a heart. So if you are a bigot in public, it's okay. We need to empathize with you, like we empathize with murderers on television.

I absolutely adore cancel culture takes.
Not at all what I said lmao

Not at all what I said lmao
Maybe you should read your post again:

Haven't you guys learnt anything from the Sopranos or Breaking Bad? You can do evil selfish things in this life and still have a heart. I guess we live in a world now where if somebody says something horrible or out of line, they're immediately burnt at the stake at least publically. You see it all the time now, where ppl proudly boast about cutting family members and friends out of their lives because they said something extremely offensive. So now it's like it seeps into the forums for the folks who don't wanna hear that Thomas could have been corrupt or even done unforgivable acts. "That undercuts Bruce.." no it really doesn't man. Thomas could have still told the truth when he said he loved his wife and child. He still could have tried to set a life up for Bruce so he can excel in a positive manner. Batman would go through the **** my parents phase but soon he'd realize that he still loves them and grey exists in the world. Just like some ppl on social media need to be taught a lesson in that their family member or friend with the weird world views could still be your friend, could still have a heart. But a lot of people don't want to hear that.

Thomas Wayne could have been a Walter White or even a Gus Fring. Doesn't mean Gus doesn't do good for his employees and help them advance without ulterior motives. Doesn't mean Gus didn't and doesn't love his friend/boyfriend that was killed. Understand what I'm getting at? Tony Soprano can kill his nephew and should be held accountable for his f'd up actions, but he does he love his two kids? Yes he genuinely does and would die for them. You see the complexity.

I'm over the one dimensional Thomas was a surgeon and saint. It doesn't work in today's world or any world because in that particular city and with that kind of money on the line, you can't be squeaky clean. You also don't have to be Hitler.

I think the "Sins Of My father" could also point to something specifically Riddler has an issue with. Like how Sionis, Penguin and Hush all have personal issues with the Wayne family, maybe Thomas inadvertently or purposely caused damage to the Nashton Family. It might not be a corruption thing, more of a personal thing

I'm starting to miss the days when the most pressing Batman issue was whether the suit should have nipples on it or not.
Curiously, some shots did remind me of Batman Forever to an extent - I think especially the orange skies kinda resembling these Wayne Enterprises scenes in the beginning and the neon stuff, etc...

What if The Batman is Schumacher done right/justice :wow::wow::wow:

I don't feel the Schumacher vibe with this one, sorry.

But I got the feel of movies like Speed, that movie with Sylvester Stallone trapped in a tunnel with the terror of a flood all around them, and some hints of Escape from New York.

Don't underestimate Hollywood's wokeness. There are people that 've been a fan since ever and lost total respect for them after hearing them talk about certain political issues. Used to find Snyder a great guy until he threw a tantrum at those youtubers who actually helped him, because they held some right wing views. He just went full zombie brain dead "everything's racist" mode. I don't like that.

Craig also just said Bond should be a black guy. To me Bond should be whoever fits the part the best. I really can't stand wokeness. "You deserve this opportunity because of your gender and color of your skin".

I can guarantee you Matt is no different. He's not gonna take any stance that is anti hollywood wokeness. He just won't.

Do you HONESTLY believe Catwoman and Gordon, two characters who have always been white in the comics(and no, selina isn't black in year one.) were given these parts simply because they are the best they can get for the roles? Do you have any idea of how many amazing actors and actresses that look closer to the comic book characters are there?

And listen, i'm not saying these are bad choices. I like Jeffrey. Zoe, i'm sure. She looks good, but not the greatest actress. But regardless, even if they end up crushing it, it's VERY UNLIKELY that the color of the skin wasn't a factor. Like i said, you don't really have much of a choice if you wanna win an oscar. You absolutely need minorities in the movie.
Selina’s not black in Year One?

I think my favorite part of the trailer legit is the Hand Taser that he has. Thats right up there with the brass knuckles in the gloves for me

The "I gotchYOUU!!!" gag where the punchline is Bats emerging from flames did bring this to mind for me:

Damn, this is a real badass scene (and I reckon Batman arriving from the night skies to Chase and Gordon in the beginning and the goddman Batmobile going in a seemingly deadend just to climb up the building's wall). Props to Goldenthal, too. Amazing score and memorable in it's own right, but Elfman before was so iconic it was a difficult fight

P.S: I think had Goldenthal score released before Elfman, it'd also grow to become just as iconic. An excellent work, indeed.

The "I gotchYOUU!!!" gag where the punchline is Bats emerging from flames did bring this to mind for me:

Love it! This is actually my favorite scene from Batman Forever too haha. I still get enjoyment out of that flick as a whole and think there's an even better movie in there somewhere.

Another favorite scene of mine is the opening. I think batman's introduction in this is pretty underrated.

Damn, this is a real badass scene (and I reckon Batman arriving from the night skies to Chase and Gordon in the beginning and the goddman Batmobile going in a seemingly deadend just to climb up the building's wall). Props to Goldenthal, too. Amazing score and memorable in it's own right, but Elfman before was so iconic it was a difficult fight

P.S: I think had Goldenthal score released before Elfman, it'd also grow to become just as iconic. An excellent work, indeed.

Hans Zimmer actually just recently called Goldenthal's work his favorite Batman score.

Hans Zimmer's Favorite Batman Score Is Not the One You'd Expect - IGN

It's not my personal favorite, but he's definitely a musical genius and did some really clever stuff with it in a way that perfectly fit the zany, comic-booky tones of those films. I've come to appreciate those scores more over the years.

Maybe you should read your post again:
I literally said they should be held accountable for their actions but it doesn't mean they don't love their children or that they should be cut off from human interaction. And yet THAT is what you got from it? L O L

I don't know if I can narrow down a single favorite scene from Batman Forever, I love that whole movie a great deal. I'm even one of the few people who enjoy laundry karate. :funny:

*Thinking about it a little as I type this post*

I like the way Bruce convinces Richard to stay in the Wayne manor by showing him his garage and Alfred showing the new guy a nice meal.

Reactions: Rod
Don't underestimate Hollywood's wokeness. There are people that 've been a fan since ever and lost total respect for them after hearing them talk about certain political issues. Used to find Snyder a great guy until he threw a tantrum at those youtubers who actually helped him, because they held some right wing views. He just went full zombie brain dead "everything's racist" mode. I don't like that.

Craig also just said Bond should be a black guy. To me Bond should be whoever fits the part the best. I really can't stand wokeness. "You deserve this opportunity because of your gender and color of your skin".

I can guarantee you Matt is no different. He's not gonna take any stance that is anti hollywood wokeness. He just won't.

Do you HONESTLY believe Catwoman and Gordon, two characters who have always been white in the comics(and no, selina isn't black in year one.) were given these parts simply because they are the best they can get for the roles? Do you have any idea of how many amazing actors and actresses that look closer to the comic book characters are there?

And listen, i'm not saying these are bad choices. I like Jeffrey. Zoe, i'm sure. She looks good, but not the greatest actress. But regardless, even if they end up crushing it, it's VERY UNLIKELY that the color of the skin wasn't a factor. Like i said, you don't really have much of a choice if you wanna win an oscar. You absolutely need minorities in the movie.
tumblr_ot74zaFB9Y1u6ylrxo2_r1_500.gifv

Racism or dog whistling will not be tolerated here.

I don't feel the Schumacher vibe with this one, sorry.

But I got the feel of movies like Speed, that movie with Sylvester Stallone trapped in a tunnel with the terror of a flood all around them, and some hints of Escape from New York.

Tbh, now in hindsight, I really think maybe they should have not included the bomb scene in the trailer/tv spot. We can see It's in the seawall and all the massive sea water there about to invade everything. What good does exploding there would cause, even to a villain? Just confirms a massive flood is to be expected, something that is possibly a major event in the movie

I don't know if I can narrow down a single favorite scene from Batman Forever, I love that whole movie a great deal. I'm even one of the few people who enjoy laundry karate. :funny:

I like the way Bruce convinces Richard to stay in the Wayne manor by showing him his garage and Alfred showing the new guy a nice meal.

I went through a phase where the movie became my go-to punching bag in the Batman franchise. In my mind, it sat in this uncomfortable position of being not dark enough for me to take seriously but not campy enough for me to just enjoy for comic value ala B&R.

But lately, I find myself having a soft spot for it. It's very goofy, but there's a heart there. Probably the best through and through "Bruce Wayne" story of the original 4 films, even with two villains hamming up. And a surprisingly solid Robin origin story to boot. Would love to see the Schumacher cut.

I was also the Carrey Riddler for Halloween when I was 9. Dyed my hair orange and everything. :funny:

I saw BF opening night and loved it. Haven't watched it in years though.

Nicole Kidman was fire in that film!

All the bits between Bruce and Grayson are very well done. I loved Bruce's speech about how getting revenge on Harvey would only feed the beast and not bring him peace. I know Joel wanted to explore those themes more, and it's pretty evident.

There's a classic feeling to Batman Forever. Sure it's campy, but it knows that and it's not as over done as B&R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"