The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that is what I'm saying. There is other stuff being made. They're acting like WB is going to shut down every movie/TV show that is not Batman. I know we had BVS and Justice League but the last solo Batman movie was 2012 ( If we don't count LEGO Batman lol )
880bc0d5e9d88d34b72af3aea69e96a4.png

:o

I’m kinda SUPER disappointed if that show is pre Batman. **** that. Prequel is fine as long as it’s Year One or Two.

I'm fine with this as a prequel maybe gives a good arc for the young versions of the crime families.

If Revees is going to use Batgirl then I wonder to what extent the Keaton Batman news is true? Maybe Keaton isn't keen on committing to multi-film deals because he's already in that with Marvel/Sony's Spider-Man franchise and also possibly spin offs (he's in Morbius).

The “rogues” aren’t the be all, end all of Batman mythology for me, so I have no problem if it’s prequel dated before Batman arrives. A HBO series like True Detective or The Wire set in Gotham with cops, gangsters, politicians, criminals that aren’t well known or that colourful is fine by me.

If you make it Year one, and do all those things with hints that this urban legend is lurking in the shadows...even better. Either way quality talent working on some Gotham City mythology with the freedom that HBO allows? How can I be disappointed? Two days ago this didn’t exist. Now it does. Lol there’s no negatives in this news.

Maybe it'll be exactly like what people wanted Gotham to be.
I remember a lot of chatter going around about how people wished that, in the first season of Gotham, instead of it starting off with the Wayne murders, it showcased the influence of the Waynes in the city and their fight to end the ever growing corruption around. Maybe this time that's what they'll do, and they'll also have the Waynes as characters in the background or something.

Boring

I want Batman around from the beginning. In a very small role.

Kinda early to call it boring, we don't know for sure he wont be in it. Plus the earliest we're even getting this show is 2022 so I'm sure there's still lot of time to get excited

My preference is to have Batman in the background from the beginning but, whatever, give me Montoya and Allen and I’ll be golden.

artworks-000085365864-ub99v5-t500x500.jpg

-Matt Reeves and JJ Abrams are long-time friends from childhood and have collaborated on a lot of stuff before.
-Matt and JJ have both signed exclusive contracts with WB and HBO MAX to make exclusive content, movies and shows, for them; especially projects related to the DC Universe. As far as I know they're the most prominent creators to have gotten this deal for DC characters. Matt has said he'd love to collaborate with JJ again.
-Reeves is producing a Gotham Central show. Gotham Central the comic features Crispus Allen, who becomes The Spectre.
-JJ is producing a Justice League Dark show that as far as we know won't be connected to the old DCEU.
-Batman has made several crossovers with the JLD in the comics and animated movies, and a notorious obvious connection is his platonic friendship/relationship with Zatanna, which JLD will presumably have on its roster.

I'm just saying that literally all the pieces are there for an Abrams/Reeves DC Universe. An episode where Rob's Batman appears in the JLD show would be cool, or having Allen cross one show to another.

-Matt Reeves and JJ Abrams are long-time friends from childhood and have collaborated on a lot of stuff before.
-Matt and JJ have both signed exclusive contracts with WB and HBO MAX to make exclusive content, movies and shows, for them; especially projects related to the DC Universe. As far as I know they're the most prominent creators to have gotten this deal for DC characters. Matt has said he'd love to collaborate with JJ again.
-Reeves is producing a Gotham Central show. Gotham Central the comic features Crispus Allen, who becomes The Spectre.
-JJ is producing a Justice League Dark show that as far as we know won't be connected to the old DCEU.
-Batman has made several crossovers with the JLD in the comics and animated movies, and a notorious obvious connection is his platonic friendship/relationship with Zatanna, which JLD will presumably have on its roster.

I'm just saying that literally all the pieces are there for an Abrams/Reeves DC Universe. An episode where Rob's Batman appears in the JLD show would be cool, or having Allen cross one show to another.
If JJ doesn’t handle the Justice League/Superman franchise I’m going to be so mad. There is no one more equipped for this. I loved both JJ SW films.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Reeves Batman is so ultra grounded it’s not even funny. And it’s not in the DCEU. I’d eat my shoe if we ever, and I mean ever, see Pattinson’s Batman shaking hands with uhh... swamp thing... and dead man on screen. Let alone on tv. He’ll get his trilogy and a spin off tv show or two and then the torch will be passed to the next Batman around 2030.

Abrams is a yes man. Keep him away from the ReeVerse. Let him have Superman I don’t care but no mixing drinks with Brucey.

There’s no way this universe will be linked with those supernatural characters. Keep dreaming guys.

I doubt Pattinson is doing this. Even if it’s year one, they’ll mention Batman once in a blue moon. Don’t see how it’s suddenly boring without Batman. Of course I say that as somebody who doesn’t care about superhero shows.

The movies are enough for me when it comes to Batman. Give me a cops/robbers story from the Sopranos writer, shoot it in London/Glasgow. You got my money more than another Batman show. That would be overkill.

If JJ doesn’t handle the Justice League/Superman franchise I’m going to be so mad. There is no one more equipped for this. I loved both JJ SW films.
No thanks for me personally. Those star wars films are the worst next to last jedi and solo. Abrams isnt original in the slightest. I personally think his movies would be very generic and want nothing from him in dc. Maybe green lantern.

I especially dont want him anywhere near batman.

I don’t want the guy near anything at this point. There are so many WAY more talented filmmakers out there.

I want someone who will put their own artistic stamp on it, who doesn’t take no for an answer. Studio suck ups need to stay away.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Reeves Batman is so ultra grounded it’s not even funny. And it’s not in the DCEU. I’d eat my shoe if we ever, and I mean ever, see Pattinson’s Batman shaking hands with uhh... swamp thing... and dead man on screen. Let alone on tv. He’ll get his trilogy and a spin off tv show or two and then the torch will be passed to the next Batman around 2030.
The fact that it's grounded doesn't mean they can't introduce supernatural elements later on. Let Me In was grounded, it still had a vampire.

JJ’s rep shouldn’t be defined by TROS. I don’t think anyone would be able to come up with anything better after TLJ. TLJ was the most disappointing movie experience of my life. I loved TROS. It made me cry.

Abrams is a yes man. Keep him away from the ReeVerse. Let him have Superman I don’t care but no mixing drinks with Brucey.

There’s no way this universe will be linked with those supernatural characters. Keep dreaming guys.

I doubt Pattinson is doing this. Even if it’s year one, they’ll mention Batman once in a blue moon. Don’t see how it’s suddenly boring without Batman. Of course I say that as somebody who doesn’t care about superhero shows.

The movies are enough for me when it comes to Batman. Give me a cops/robbers story from the Sopranos writer, shoot it in London/Glasgow. You got my money more than another Batman show. That would be overkill.
Why wouldn't Pattinson do this? He loves Reeves, has not opposed to doing TV and is notoriously cheap according to Cronenberg.

Yes Reeves has made movies with monsters but that doesn’t mean he’s doing the same here. Until I actually see monsters in his Batman movie, I’m assuming it’s more grounded than Nolan’s.

OK Rob could do the show but he’s a busy dude and I don’t think the point of the show is to have more Batman. I’m less sure about this opinion than the fantasy argument though. Just seems like the series is about giving you what you may be missing from the film.

Rise of Skywalker was a complete mess with no payoff for me. Really awful in many ways. Star Trek Into Darkness sucked. Meh. He’s a C level director at best.

Yes Reeves has made movies with monsters but that doesn’t mean he’s doing the same here. Until I actually see monsters in his Batman movie, I’m assuming it’s more grounded than Nolan’s.

OK Rob could do the show but he’s a busy dude and I don’t think the point of the show is to have more Batman. I’m less sure about this opinion than the fantasy argument though. Just seems like the series is about giving you what you may be missing from the film.

Rise of Skywalker was a complete mess with no payoff for me. Really awful in many ways. Star Trek Into Darkness sucked. Meh. He’s a C level director at best.
How is he busy? He literally only has one movie lined up after this. In fact he's talked many times during interviews about how sometimes he's gone on for months without work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"