The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okay, that is a well written article, that seems structured to say very little beyond the obvious.

That said, the comparison to the Bond movies does make me wonder about why they get a degree of cultural-critical acceptance that seems distinct from comic book movies. . . despite that the vast majority of them are no more "serious" or "realistic". Outside of basically one movie, they range from over-the-top action movies to schlocky adventure-romances ( in the old meaning of "romance" ). They are not and have never been serious movies about serious subjects, and yet they are given a sort of pass. Is it simply because they've been around for decades, and so every would-be commentator has grown up with them as part of the atmosphere?

That Armie Hammer story... okay so it was only ever gonna be Robert, Aaron, or Nic lol.

Lol the dude from Titans is wilding lol no way in hell Titans is in Reeves' world and no way Pattinson is bridging over to ****ing Titans of all places.

Haven't seen his work or the show Giri/Haji yet, but I hear it's good. The feel and look apparently fits Gotham. How do you guys feel about this?

Last edited:
Per his IMDB, says he wrote a few episodes of Humans, the AMC show. Never seen it, but seen a lot of adverts for it and heard a lot of good things about it, so that's good at least.

Girl/Haji has been on my watchlist for a while, guess I'll be bumping that up the queue.

From what I'd read it was an outstanding show that unfortunately didn't yield a large enough audience to continue. But the writer's been hungry to go back into that world, so maybe Gotham can be that outlet.

Unfamiliar with his work but reading about Giri/Haji makes him sound like a very good fit.

I'm curious what style the actual poster will be. There's no way it isn't just him in the suit, right? It's just kinda so iconic and marketable. Hopefully it isn't generic. BR2049 is so good but dear lord those posters they went with are so lame
Replicate this ad for the poster and blow the doors off.
5696e25613c3f3cbd0992acc5450bdbc (1).jpg

I didn't think a cancellation was looming, but them taking their time a bit to find their showrunner after Winter left is nice. Hopefully everything flows well from here on out.

I just want an actual unique poster. Lol DC does pretty well with that. Not just every characters upper body. A recreation of that would be glorious.

What if they made Drops themed Mountain Dew.

I would find it quite fun. Something akin to the viral marketing from TDK, with the fiction leaking onto our reality.
But everything is so asepticized these days that I seriously doubt a big studio would try to market a movie through a drug, even a fictitious one. I also can't imagine a soda brand wanting to be associated with something too reminiscent of addiction...

I watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes again for the first time since it hit theaters in 2014. I LOVED it. Really special directing. The closeups, that corridor action, that 180 tank scene, the scope mixed with how character driven it was. Action was only there to serve the story.

The complexity in Koba or Gary Oldman’s characters. I was emotionally invested in everything, not just Caesar and his family or Jason Clarke and HIS family. Such a rare thing to see in Hollywood franchises like this. The CGI is next level real. The score at the end was just the cherry on top (with Jason Clarke - who is my pick for Thomas Wayne btw - walking back into the darkness as Caesar leads his apes into the light...great emotional stuff).

Next up is War for the Planet of the Apes and a rewatch of Let Me In (which i haven’t seen since 2010. Also in the cinema). I’m looking forward to it. I rewatched Cloverfield last summer and I absolutely loved it as much as I did in 2008.

I know it has a lot to do with him making The Batman, but I’m REALLY getting on this Matt Reeves hype train now.

I watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes again for the first time since it hit theaters in 2014. I LOVED it. Really special directing. The closeups, that corridor action, that 180 tank scene, the scope mixed with how character driven it was. Action was only there to serve the story.

The complexity in Koba or Gary Oldman’s characters. I was emotionally invested in everything, not just Caesar and his family or Jason Clarke and HIS family. Such a rare thing to see in Hollywood franchises like this. The CGI is next level real. The score at the end was just the cherry on top (with Jason Clarke - who is my pick for Thomas Wayne btw - walking back into the darkness as Caesar leads his apes into the light...great emotional stuff).

Next up is War for the Planet of the Apes and a rewatch of Let Me In (which i haven’t seen since 2010. Also in the cinema). I’m looking forward to it. I rewatched Cloverfield last summer and I absolutely loved it as much as I did in 2008.

I know it has a lot to do with him making The Batman, but I’m REALLY getting on this Matt Reeves hype train now.
War is really great. Can't believe we're getting the guy behind that to do Batman.

I really like Let Me In. I was aghast that they were going to remake Let the Right One In but was shocked at how cool it was and how Matt was able to reinterpret the story. I should rewatch too.

Zoe Krazitz, eh?

I'm sure it's a long shot, but this wouldn't be leaked Riddler imagery would it? Obviously, The Batman logo they are using isn't the right one...
uYu3tJX.jpg

Zoe Krazitz, eh?

I'm sure it's a long shot, but this wouldn't be leaked Riddler imagery would it? Obviously, The Batman logo they are using isn't the right one...
uYu3tJX.jpg
Naw, someone identified that it's a photobash of this Hugo Strange image. Probably just early proof of concept art.
250px-ModernHugoStrange.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"