The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Batman star Rupert Penry-Jones confirms who he's playing

Rupert is playing
Gotham City mayor Don Mitchell in the movie
, which stars Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Colin Farrell as Penguin and Zoe Kravitz as Selina Kyle/Catwoman, plus Jeffrey Wright as James Gordon, Paul Dano as the Riddler and Andy Serkis as Bruce's butler Alfred.

Recalling one "embarrassing" moment from the shoot, Rupert shared: "I arrived on set and there was this guy walking around who was being so over confident. I had no idea who he was. He was being really friendly, he was telling all these stories, I was like, 'Who is this guy?'

"I thought he might've been a supporting actor [an extra to you and me]. He kept on talking to me, just really friendly, really nice, and I started noticing things about his costume.

"He had a brace on his leg and these weird scars on his face, and I thought, 'This is quite a lot of effort they've gone to for a supporting artist...' and suddenly I realised, 'Wait a minute this guy must be playing the Penguin, oh my God that's Colin Farrell!'" he laughed.

Apparently, Rupert then told Farrell that he'd only just realised who he was under the prosthetics.

"I was looking right up, almost nose-to-nose with his face trying to see," the actor added. "You could not tell, it was amazing."

Lightbulb moment: Matt Reeves most likely deleted the Vimeo because of a notice that future (imminent) Batman trailers and promotions would go up on the official websites and social media pages that were not present during the camera test and were only just created after the fandome trailer.

Lightbulb moment: Matt Reeves most likely deleted the Vimeo because of a notice that future (imminent) Batman trailers and promotions would go up on the official websites and social media pages that were not present during the camera test and were only just created after the fandome trailer.
oh man if we get something soon!

Maybe this is the entrance to the subway hideaway we saw in the trailer? I think he must also have a normal proper batcave too, there was one built set on the WB lot that looked like a more traditional forest-y cave area, which can't be the same one we saw in the trailer/this. Would be sweet if he has nooks and crannies all over Gotham depending on where he's at in the city. And I wonder which one Alfred stays at.

Maybe this is the entrance to the subway hideaway we saw in the trailer? I think he must also have a normal proper batcave too, there was one built set on the WB lot that looked like a more traditional forest-y cave area, which can't be the same one we saw in the trailer/this. Would be sweet if he has nooks and crannies all over Gotham depending on where he's at in the city. And I wonder which one Alfred stays at.
What if that forest area was for Fantastic Beasts tho.

It's possible, yeah. It does look eerily like a batcave though. I wouldn't be too disappointed or surprised if we didn't have a traditional batcave, but it would be neat to have that AND the subway thing. There's a good chance you're right though

The eyes at the top are a great touch. Love that moment in the trailer - can't wait to see more undercover Bruce!

Umm. No.

Those movies often feature long takes, Because they can. Both Uwais and Jaa are experienced martial artists who can convincingly pull of complicated and brutal fight work. The warehouse scene is a conventionally constructed Hollywood action set piece, with edits and cg to hide all the joins. To say a fight scene from Ong Bak or The Raid is like warehouse is not a good comparison.

More accurate would be one of The Matrix films.
The Point is, u put tony jaa & iko uwais in the batman suit to do the Exact same Scene , u would believe It. ....U just tryin too hard not to acknowledge a great Work, good things is Most Batman Fans Do....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"