The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

With a special cameo by Spider-Man

tumblr_pytigdkw6I1wzvt9qo3_500.gifv

tumblr_pytigdkw6I1wzvt9qo2_500.gifv

tumblr_pytigdkw6I1wzvt9qo1_500.gifv

As for Black Superman, not a fan. I think its less "little black boys and girls getting a hero to look up to" (which as someone who was a black kid is a really oversold strange notion to begin with) and more "corporate soulless executives cashing in to try and get a new demographic into theaters". Ironically it seems less a move of empowerment and more of weakness, as characters who usually get the race bending treatment are characters WB sees as like a "who cares, whatever" thing. just apathy. Wally West, Black Canary, Iris West. To name a few off the top of my head. Basically characters you'd stop your average Joe on the street and ask if they've heard of them and they'd be like "who??"

To me it screams desperation after two failed movie reboots. They don't know know what to do with him and are trying to be hip with the kids and/or do a nudge nudge wink wink to the woke crowd. Just shows how WB doesn't care about superman anymore. His last cartoon was what? The late 90s? When was his last video game? Etc. They wouldn't do this with an A lister like Batman. Their golden boy.

I'm still intrigued by the project but would've rather had a Clark Kent superman movie. Not Cavis whatever his name is. Just like how I liked Spiderverse but if I had a magic wand I'd have had a Peter Parker animated coming of age movie.

The possibility of a Black Superman is almost certainly the result of a soulless corporate equation. But regardless of the corporate intentions, it won't deny the social impact resulting from a successful movie featuring a Black Superman; and that is worth being a fan of.

For someone who doesn't even look like he will be credited in the final film, Mattson Tomlin and his agent sure are milking this 'writer of The Batman' thing.
Ehhh. The fact that his contributions to the film can be retweeted by Reeves but not actually given a credit says more about that whole system than it does about him.

Ehhh. The fact that his contributions to the film can be retweeted by Reeves but not actually given a credit says more about that whole system than it does about him.

Oh, I don't blame him for doing it. Get it while the goings good... but no doubt his ''attachment'' has opened many doors for him, even if his name is not on the final film.

Has anyone actually seen anything he's written. Any good?

Oh, I don't blame him for doing it. Get it while the goings good... but no doubt his ''attachment'' has opened many doors for him, even if his name is not on the final film.

Has anyone actually seen anything he's written. Any good?
Idk, I’ve been meaning to watch Project Power. But Little Fish has like 90% on RT.

One more day of February! I know WB got a lot of stuff going on in March , but I hope WB doesn’t hold back and celebrate. They’ve been through a lot. Correct me if I am wrong.. I think of all movies that were in production before COVID-19 hit, The Batman is the last one to wrapped up.

If not tomorrow I hope we atleast get some new images by Monday. I am fiending for pretty much anything new right now and I can't think of a better way for them to bring in the month of March than some new promo material, especially since the movie is still on track to come out that same month next year.

I'd even love a short teaser video that says somthing about filming being completed and see you guys next year and we get some new shots of the Batmobile or the Bat Bike.

One more day of February! I know WB got a lot of stuff going on in March , but I hope WB doesn’t hold back and celebrate. They’ve been through a lot. Correct me if I am wrong.. I think of all movies that were in production before COVID-19 hit, The Batman is the last one to wrapped up.
Yeaaaah... I mean they're definitely over schedule I don't think that's even disputable. But in fairness they had some corona set backs where other films didn't. As long as it comes out okay and Reeves and Pattinson return for a trilogy I don't care about any of the reported behind the scenes drama between them.

If not tomorrow I hope we atleast get some new images by Monday. I am fiending for pretty much anything new right now and I can't think of a better way for them to bring in the month of March than some new promo material, especially since the movie is still on track to come out that same month next year.

I'd even love a short teaser video that says somthing about filming being completed and see you guys next year and we get some new shots of the Batmobile or the Bat Bike.

Last indication in that Deadline article was that it wouldn’t finish until mid-March. I wouldn’t expect anything until at least then. Although with ZSJL coming March 18th I’m not sure how close to that they’d want to do any promotion.

That poster makes me think I'd really admire the balls on Matt Reeves if his sequel was like a more extreme version of the Wonder Woman>WW84 tonal shift :funny:. Like, Bruce's crusade totally worked in the interim and now Gotham is mostly dealing with absurd, petty super-crimes ala '66.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"