The Batman: What were your 3 favorite scenes?

No.3 Batman looking at the Mayor's son near the start of the movie

No.2 Batman helps the girl get airlifted out

No.1 Flare scene

3. Bruce and Alfred scene in the hospital
2. Final scene with Batman and Selina. My personal favorite final scene of any Batman film.
1. Flare scene

3. Bruce and Alfred in the hospital.
2. Flare Rescue into the Wednesday, November 6th… entry of "The Gotham Project"
1. Batman and Gordon investigating the crime scene at the mayor's house.

I could honestly put dozen more here. this freakin movie has a ton of my favorite live-action batman moments.

Last edited:
At this moment in time, I'm thinking

1. Flare scene

2. The entire opening in which various criminals are quite literally running scared of their own shadows.

3. Batman answering riddles via Colson's phone while being hyper aware of the bomb strapped around his neck.

In no particular order

"You guys realize I'm still here, right?"

Falcone's conversation with Bruce on the steps of the church.

Bruce's surveillance of Selena. Felt very film noir.

3) Bruce/Alfred hospital scene

2) Batmobile revealed

1) Batman/Girl air lift

honorable mention: Batman meets the twins :D

Not sure about top 3 yet or how they are ranked, but the sequence where "Something in the Way" plays the first time, from when Batman locks eyes with Mitchell's son, watches the press conference as the drifter, and returns to Wayne Tower driving past numerous Gotham landmarks, while giving a detective voiceover, is definitely up there. It does such an amazing job of casting the hook of the story, setting the scene and atmosphere, and it is particularly gorgeous, especially the motorcycle mounted shots.

In no particular order:

- Riddler’s monologue at Arkham with Batman after he was apprehended.

- Catwoman telling Batman that Falcone was her father.

- Batman using the flare to guide his Gothamites.

Far too many to pick, the whole film is packed with what I now consider "classic" batman on film moments. Honestly as far as my batman sensibilities go this film is almost perfect for me, but if I must (and i will cheat), and in no particular order......

The opening and closing voice overs with something in the way playing.

The scene with Alfred in the hospital, its a far more touching scene than I gave it credit for on my first watch.

And absolute favourite scene that sums up everything I love about batman, the last scene with Selina, the dialogue, music, cinematography is all perfect, and kind of heart breaking, honestly don't think that will ever be bettered for encapsulating so much in such a short time.

1. The car chase with the Penguin
2. Catwoman scratching Falcone (I had a feeling it might happen, and when it did I squealed lol)
3. Batman's visit with Riddler at Arkham (it reminded me of the scene at the end of Hush)

1. Batman saving people with the red light
2. Bruce learns the truth about his parents
3. Batman entering the Iceberg Lounge

In no particular order

Batman & Gordon arrive at the Bat Signal to find Selina holding Kenzie captive at gunpoint.

We've barely seen Batman, Gordon, & Catwoman all on screen together, so already I was hooked. The voicemail was eerie, and the knowing look Batman gives Selina when Gordon says "my god, he's choking her" is so chilling and pitch-perfectly captured by the actors. And to tip it off, Selina's 'nine lives' joke and the reveal of yet another Batman gadget as he scales down the building after her. Beautiful.

Opening narration & reintroduction to The Batman

The opening montage with Bruce's narration felt, excuse the cliché, like the comic book come to life. "The element," "I am the shadows," etc. All just felt really good as a Batman fan. The brutality of him subduing the gang attacking the bystander followed by his motorcycle ride through Gotham City (beautifully designed by Matt Reeves & the team) and finally the introduction of the Bat Cave and Bruce's contact lenses and war journal. All really awesome and a great way to start the proceedings.

Batman and Gordon investigating the crime scene at the Mayor's apartment

Our first real taste at a detective Batman. Loved the way Pattinson channeled a shaman in his silent, stoic portrayal of Batman (I forget the interview where Reeves revealed this) -- Batman is in a brightly lit room for this encounter, his element of fear is non-existent so he instead hyper-focuses on the crime scene at hand, barely noticing the cops around him. His powers of detection almost mythical...

The first crime scene investigation.

The chase scene.

Batman rescuing people outta the debris.

What were your 3 favorite scenes?
My absolute favorite scene is the first Ice Berg lounge sequence, starting with Batman approaching the front door up to the Penguin’s office. It’s everything.

Next would probably be scene between Alfred and Bruce in the hospital.

And third cutting the cable and the whole flare scene.

- The opening monologue/Bats first appearance*;
- Iceberg Lounge fight
- Bruce and Alfred at the hospital.
*Seriously, IMO this is not only the best Batman introduction on a film, but maybe one of the best moments on a cb movie ever. Giacchino score, Gotham atmosphere, Bruce narrating... perfect. On par with TDK ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"