The BATSUIT Thread

This ****ing suit.

FHowlk0WYA0rWWk

I love it more and more. Dark gray looks great as it sometimes blends with the black of the scene, and other times it stands out like classic gray of comics suit. Cowl still looks weird sometimes, through.

I love it more and more. Dark gray looks great as it sometimes blends with the black of the scene, and other times it stands out like classic gray of comics suit. Cowl still looks weird sometimes, through.
Yeah, it's due to a very effective use of texture and materials. The cape, cowl, and chest emblem have glossier leather/metallic finishes which looks nice and deep black when under the same lighting the charcoal bodysuit looks more flat and grey. Alternatively, under other lighting, the tones look much closer, but the textures and different reflectivity still give it a distinct tow-tone colour scheme.

Yeah, it's due to a very effective use of texture and materials. The cape, cowl, and chest emblem have glossier leather/metallic finishes which looks nice and deep black when under the same lighting the charcoal bodysuit looks more flat and grey. Alternatively, under other lighting, the tones look much closer, but the textures and different reflectivity still give it a distinct tow-tone colour scheme.
Yeah, and sometimes even reminds me of Schumacher movies. I mean, fighting scenes haha they didn’t look so bad (specially in Forever), so here is kinda of an improvement.

The suit looks so much like a perfect current day adaption of the b&w serial suits… in some shots. In others it has West vibes, and a good mixture of Bermejo and Jones.

Just stunning.

Also, the way the logo doesn’t have bat ears… perfect.

I really dont think I would change anything Bout this suit, I genuinely am in Love with it.

I wonder how Reeves Batman would look facing off against some of Nolans villians or even Burtons.

I’d just shorten the mouth opening. And make the chest symbol plain black.

I’d just shorten the mouth opening. And make the chest symbol plain black.
Not possible. The mid-cheek mouth opening from the comics doesn't work in live action. It will cause weird gaping and other issues during speech and movement unless it is hard, hard rubber like back in the Keaton days. The wide opening on Battinson's cowl is the closest thing possible to the classic comics look, which is why Alex Ross, with his ultra realistic style drew the mouth openings like Pattinson's. It allows the edge of the opening to anchor around the jawline.

Yeah… Begins had a perfect cowl, aside from the mouth hole. And, TDK sadly made it even weirder/smaller.

Not possible. The mid-cheek mouth opening from the comics doesn't work in live action. It will cause weird gaping and other issues during speech and movement unless it is hard, hard rubber like back in the Keaton days. The wide opening on Battinson's cowl is the closest thing possible to the classic comics look, which is why Alex Ross, with his ultra realistic style drew the mouth openings like Pattinson's. It allows the edge of the opening to anchor around the jawline.

Even Keaton kept the mouth gap significantly larger honestly.
Michael-Keaton-Batman-Returns-Costume-52724b_lg.jpeg

175px-Keaton_as_Batman.jpg

And with good reason. Smaller mouth openings honestly just look worse

We’ve never seen a live action Batman move like this.

That's what dropping a rubber onesie does for you. That kind of outfit is always going to restrict movement to a high degree. The fact they've gone for cloth and individual armour pieces in this suit makes it way more easy to move about.

To me, this feels like the suit Nolan was striving for in The Dark Knight, but ultimately failed at, because of the reliance on the rubber.

This suit feels like it's been allowed to happen thanks to the work they were doing on suits like Captain America's... where cloth was used, and looked damn good.

Even Keaton kept the mouth gap significantly larger honestly.
Michael-Keaton-Batman-Returns-Costume-52724b_lg.jpeg

175px-Keaton_as_Batman.jpg

And with good reason. Smaller mouth openings honestly just look worse
Yeah, the Burton/Schumacher suits probably had the mouth openings closest to what most people think of in the comics in terms of shape and size (at least from the front), but they were highly artificial. They only didn't have weird gaping and other issues because they were made of pretty tight and inflexible rubber/foam latex, which caused a whole bunch of problems in terms of mobility and range of motion (and still had occasional gaping issues). And as that side profile shot of Keaton shows, the sideline of the opening is actually very different from how it is drawn in the comics:
1173832478.0.x.jpg

The comics-style mouth opening doesn't work in 3d/real life. In order to get it to look the same from one angle, it has to be changed from another.

Battinson's mouth opening does the best job of evoking the look from all angles. I love how he has same clear, jutting jaw line from the side as the Adams portrait above:
png_image_10-jpg.51750

That is something all past suits completely failed at, as seen in your Keaton shot, as well as these:
Christian-Bale-Batman-Begins-Growl.jpg

screen-shot-2017-07-11-at-9-51-57-am.png

batman-justice-league-1553608450.jpg

Also, the way the logo doesn’t have bat ears… perfect.

It's a cool way to differentiate it, though I will admit, I miss the ears a bit. It's probably one of the most consistent and iconic elements of all the various bat-symbols to me.

It's also interesting how the official marketing version of the logo adds the ears, but so far it only appears in the film ear-less on the bat signal and chest plate.

That is something I do want for the sequel suit. A proper bat emblem.

Yeah I know, I'd only shorten it a little, definitely not like Bale and Affleck's. It's just that sometimes Pattinson's cowl looks weird, specially in front, with the big skull area and wide mouth opening.
But overall, I love this suit so much, and I say that as a big Batfleck's suit fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"