Build the DC Cinematic Universe

Batman vs Superman (reveal Swanwick as Martian Manhunter, and WW has a supporting role)
Wonder Woman
Batman
The Flash
Justice League
Solo Superman
Green Lantern
Aquaman

Here's my incredibly well-thought out and complex plan for the
expansion of the DC universe.....or not .......

Gotta go with a film based on the 52 Justice League origin story.

Bring on Darkseid, can't wait to see our heroes kick seven kinds of
**** out of that stony-faced bastard, after he threatens to enslave,
blow-up or start a new dry-cleaning business on earth.

Come on, Wonder Woman stabs him in the eye with a sword, Aquaman
puts his trident in the other one. What's cooler than that ?

credits roll, audience cheers, billion in the Bank for WB, everyone goes home happy !

Whatever they do, gotta get Geoff Johns on the team.

So, go with the JL film, then do the Flash, Aquaman, WWoman
films separately, as follow ups.

That's my call.

And BTW, Justice league Canada....WTF ?

I'm Canadian and I don't buy it. I loved what John Byrne did with Alpha Flight, but Justice League Canada, I just can't see it working, without making Canada look bad. Personally, I'd rather they took a page from Byrne's book and had a Canadian super-team, we deserve it !

Hope I'm wrong, and I hope the Canadian character has some decent super-powers. Although Canada does have one of the coolest , most badass superheroes ever.....Wolverine. So I guess I can't complain too much.

cheers, eh !

Movies
2013-man of steel
2015-batman vs superman
2016-amazon princess/wonder woman
2016-emerald crusader/green lantern/emerald guardian
2017-justice league
Tv shows (are part of the MOS universe)
Arrow-2012
Flash-2014
Aqua-2015
Batman prequel-2016
Constantine-???

Arrow and the flash are part of the man of steel universe along with other shows likean aquaman series if not a movie and since batfleck is already into several years of his career, WB should give us a prequel series. The tv shows should be part of the universe to expand the dc universe bigger than marvel. If you want to expand een further you could do a teen titans series and an atom or martian manhunter series. Batman/superman movie will hint at a wonder woman movie and green lantern will be rebooted again with hal jordan not john steward, sorry. Please post feedback on this idea.

P.S. the villain of justice league should not be darkseid, save him for later. Maybe white martians or vandal savage

DC movies
Man of Steel
Batman vs Superman
Sandman
Justice League
Wonder Woman
2nd Superman solo
Justice League Dark
Batman
Unknown Dwayne Johnson movie

Meanwhile, the Arrow universe would be creating its own universe, with multiple spinoff shows
Arrow
The Flash
Manhunter
Green Lantern
Titans

The Flash could be the first of many spinoffs.. it'd be cool to get a slightly noir supernatural detective spinoff Martian Manhunter series called "Manhunter". It could be similar to X-Files.
There could also be a Star Trek inspired spinoff based on the Green Lantern corps. John Stewart, Hal Jordan and Kilowog would be the lead characters.
Arrow can have their own version of the Justice League. Arrow, Canary, Manhunter, The Flash, GL, and Aquaman

Also, they've already introduced a bunch of Teen Titans related elements. Deathstroke, Brother Blood, HIVE, Roy Harper, Ravager, mentions of Jericho... i think they should introduce Nightwing and ultimately aim for a Teen Titans spin off.

I'm all for more spinoffs set in the Arrow/Flash universe. The sheer amount of media you get in a year from a tv show is so awesome. They could tell a lot of great stories this way. WB takes so long to make movies about even their biggest characters, this is probably the best way to see stories about the lesser known DC characters

They shouldn't do a shared universe at all. It should just be one-offs like their animated movies were. That way they never get trapped into huge contracts for actors to reprise roles. Have a different Batman/Superman for every movie. It would also free them up to do more story-wise. No multi-movie build up, establishing origins blah blah blah. Just jump right into things like Batman: Under the Red Hood.

They shouldn't do a shared universe at all. It should just be one-offs like their animated movies were. That way they never get trapped into huge contracts for actors to reprise roles. Have a different Batman/Superman for every movie. It would also free them up to do more story-wise. No multi-movie build up, establishing origins blah blah blah. Just jump right into things like Batman: Under the Red Hood.

That sort of thing wouldn't fly in the live action, big budget universe. Moviegoers need continuity. Money comes from continuity, so the studios need it as well.

Their first film slate would be: BvS, JL, Sandman, Batman, Superman 2, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman, while CW does unrelated shows for Green Arrow, The Flash, and Green Lantern. After that initial film slate, Flash and Green Lantern can get their own films, connected to the Justice League/BvS movies.
In this scenario, I think a lot of fans would be okay with no GL or Flash solo films for the time being. That is, IF GL and Flash are in the JL movies, and IF Green Lantern and Flash were both represented in a solo tv series.

I know I'm not pissed about Flash not getting a movie for a while... if Flash's tv show is good, and if Flash is in BvS/JL, that's enough for me... Same goes for GL. I really think they could come out with a brilliant tv show based on the Green Lantern. In some ways, I think his HUGE storyline is better suited for tv, there is just so much material there, a movie series would have to leave a lot of stuff out.

(Farscape + Star Trek:TNG) x (Green Lantern: TAS + Geoff Johns' Green Lantern run)= :up:

Interesting.

2013 - Man of Steel, Arrow (separate TV universe, hereby the Arrowverse)
2014 - Flash (Arrow-verse)

2015 - Superman vs Batman
Here, we delve into an established Batman and escalate things with Superman and we introduce a lot of different little bits about this DC universe, especially Wonder Woman, but with threads about Green Lantern, Cyborg and others that will be picked up later.

Fall 2016 - Wonder Woman
This is actually not a tentpole summer film, but a lower budget drama that fills in a lot of the past of the DC cinematic universe, like what CATFA did for the MCU. We also flesh out Gadot's character and see the passing of the old gods for the New Gods.

2017 - Justice League: Secret Origins
Here, we have a fairly straightforward first Justice League film that sets up Darkseid as the overarching enemy but has them whomp on an alien invasion that involves Despero, The White Martians and Starro. The Anti-Life Equation is obtained and it becomes the heroes' job to protect it from Darkseid. They key twist: The entire Justice League trilogy has been filmed at once. As such, this is not an introduction to a set of characters so much as a world, a very four-color inspired world, albeit, with muted tones. A world where superheroes are almost common, where there's been an explosion of super science.

Winter 2017 - DC movie starring The Rock that spins directly out of and ties directly into the Justice League trilogy.

2018 - Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths
Here we play or all the marbles, and we do our huge team up, not just with the Justice League we met last year, but since we're dealing with multiple dimensions, we can have the Arrow-verse characters involved saving the universe now. We can have Bale's Bruce Wayne or even JGL's Batman in full effect with Michael Keaton's aged Bruce Wayne in the shadows or better yet, Kevin Conroy as a live action aged Bruce Wayne! We can even bring back Tom Welling AND Dean Cain's Superman to stand alongside Henry Cavill. We can simply pwn. Heck at this rate, even Ryan Reynolds can get a cameo. The story would be epic, sprawling in pockets in strange connected ways, like Crash or something, all leading up to someone dying. Leverage DC's incredible history on film into something peerless. Something unprecedented. An unforgetable movie experience.

2019 - Justice League: Final War
With that done, it's time to bring home why exactly the DC universe is the original. Deeper character moments and truly engaging villains and an irrefutable message of hope in the darkness. Let us see Darkseid in all his glory as the brilliant character he is. Let us get to the heart of what makes these characters sing, when everyone dies, Batman included, when it's just Superman and a wish, what happens.

2020 - The Green Lantern Corps
A full space sci-fi epic.

Fall 2020 - Gotham Knight
Batman is back in his own feature with some kind of Bat-family thing going on.

2021-2028: Solo features, having a big summer tentpole every year, and rotating who that is, then backing that up with one or two supporting lower-budgeted non-tentpoles each year. Leave Batman as a sort of yearly franchise, almost James Bond like that focuses on gritty noir story, and not on spectacle. Superman and Green Lantern is your big spectacle, while Wonder Woman is more of a girl-power kick-butt thing.

2030-2033: Every 5-10 years do another Justice League trilogy. Next time, base it on Forever Evil and the Crime Syndicate and Justice and the cool stories that have popped up about those themes since then.

2033+: Repeat.

It has never been confirmed the Arrow and Flash shows are part of the movie universe and it shouldn't be assumed so I'm not assuming that. As such I won't include them.

Phase 1:

Man of Steel (2013)

Batman Vs. Superman (2016)

Justice League (2018)
We already know Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman is in the line up and Cyborg is all but a certainty and Aquaman rumors abound so let's go ahead and assume they're both in it. Obviously the last two members should be Flash and Green Lantern (I'm going to go ahead and assume that it's Hal). I would also introduce Martian Manhunter. Despero and the White Martians are the main villains.

Phase 2:

Flash
Delve more into Barry Allen and his world. Origin shown in quick flashback. We meet Iris West. You could also introduce Wally West here to build towards Kid Flash in a sequel. Captain Cold should be introduced here and maybe Captain Boomerang so we can start building towards The Rogues for a sequel.

Wonder Woman
Circe is the main villain, introduce Steve Trevor and really delve into the Amazons and their culture.

Man of Steel 3
Kara Zor El introduced, Braniac is the main villain. Superman is forced to seek Luthor's help and Luthor ultimately receives a pardon for his crimes.

Batman
Bats is already an established hero and this is the introduction of Dick Grayson who becomes Robin by film's end. The villains would be Penguin and Black Mask in a turf war with a more fantastical villain like Solomon Grundy as a henchman. I'd have a cold open where Batman fights a more minor villain (Killer Croc? Mad Hatter?) and drops them off at Arkham where we'd see cameos and hints of other rogues. I would include Jim Gordon and Leslie Tompkins here if they aren't introduced by. Have Bats save Barbara Gordon at one point to hint at potential for Batgirl in a sequel.

Justice League: Crisis on Earth 2
The Justice Society of Earth 2 calls upon the League to help fight against the threat of the Crime Syndicate from Earth 3. I think DC should use the Multiverse to their advantage as its something they have over Marvel and they should start here. On Earth 2 we would meet the League's older counterparts and characters like Alan Scott, Jay Garick, Wildcat and Power Girl.

Phase 3

Batman 2
Joker and Harley Quinn are the main villains while Penguin is attempting to hold on to his crumbling empire. Barbara becomes Batgirl. Deadshot appears in a minor role as a henchman for Penguin. Catwoman is introduced in a supporting role (basically a glorified cameo) as a thief working for Penguin.

Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War
Introduce John Stewart, the Sinestro Corps, have set up for Red Lanterns and other Corps.

Flash 2: Zoom
Professor Zoom is the villain and Wally West becomes Kid Flash. The Trickster makes an appearance to further set up the Rogues.

Wonder Woman 2
Cheetah is the main villain and Donna Troy is introduced.

Aquaman
A story of Aquaman's relationship with the surface world. Black Manta is the villain but Orm is set up as the sequel's villain.

Billy Batson and the Power of Shazam!
Captain Marvel's origin story. Doctor Sivana is the main villain. I'd work towards Black Adam being the villain in the third flick, an escalation of sorts.

Justice League: Injustice
Lex Luthor gathers Riddler, Cheetah, Captain Cold, Black Manta and others to form the secret society to defeat the Justice League. Shazam joins the league.

Phase 4
The Justice Society of America
Power Girl is the lead character, this would basically be a relatively lighthearted flick, I'm uncertain who the villain would be but it would be something to hint at Crisis later down the road.

Batman 3
Mr. Freeze is the main villain with Black Mask as a secondary character, Dick becomes Nightwing and Tim Drake is introduced. Talia Al Ghul is introduced which forms a sort of quasi love triangle where she's with Bruce while Catwoman is flirtatious with Batman. Talia discovers Bruce is Batman by the film's end and Tim Drake is offered the chance to become Robin.

Wonder Woman 3
Diana, Donna Troy and the Amazons must fight against Ares.

Flash 3: Revenge of the Rouges
Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Weather Wizard, Mirror Master and The Trickster band together to try and defeat The Flash.

Billy Batson and the Power of Shazam 2
Captain Nazi is the villain, Mary Marvel is introduced. There's hints throughout towards Black Adam.

Aquaman 2
Orm takes the throne and Arthur is put through the ringer. He loses his hand and his son dies like in that one storyline. Ultimately, Arthur reclaims the throne. Garth becomes Tempest.

Green Lantern 2
The Red Lantern Corps and Star Saphire are introduced.

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths
In many ways an adaptation of the comic just without all the crazy retconning. Anti-Monitor is the villain. Most of the alternate universes are destroyed. Barry Allen dies as do many others. The Justice League disbands.

Phase 5

The Death of Superman
Exactly what the title says. Basically a more complex retelling of the story though. I would have Braniac orchestrate events and be behind Doomsday. At the end we see that Luthor has a clone of Superman (Kon-El).

Batman 4
Not dissimilar to the Arkham City video games Hugo Strange orchestrates a breakout from Arkham and Blackgate but Ra's is really pulling the strings. Ra's is killed and Talia escapes, Nightwing decides to move to Bludhaven.

Green Lantern: In Blackest Night
The Lanterns must team up with the other Corps. to defeat Nekron and The Black Lanterns.

Suicide Squad (TV series)
Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Harley Quinn, Black Manta and Bronze Tiger go on a dangerous missions for Amanda Waller.

Billy Batson and The Power of Shazam! 3
Black Adam is the villain and in the end other magical elements of the DCU are hinted at, including Trigon.

Titans
Nightwing forms a team with Kid Flash (who becomes Flash at the end), Billy Batson, Tempest, Raven and Beast Boy. Brother Blood is the main villain.

Reign of the Supermen
Whoever is playing Supes by this point would play either Cyborg Superman or Eradicator. John Henry Irons and Superboy are introduced. In the end, Superman returns to defeat Cyborg Superman and Braniac.

The Flash: Fastest Man Alive
Wally West takes on The Flash mantle, Bart Allen becomes Impulse. Gorilla Grod is the primary villain.

Green Arrow
Introduce Ollie and Black Canary. Merlyn and Count Vertigo are the main villains.

Justice League: Reborn
Superman forms a new Justice League including Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow and others.

After that, I don't know.

At this point I would probably just cotton to WB's obvious preference for Batman above all other DC properties, since it would be generally unavoidable:

Film Series
The Brave & The Bold (Batman + another superpowered DC hero)
World's Finest (Batman + Superman)
Justice League (Batman + Superman + the other big guns).

Live-action Television Series
Arkham Asylum (focusing on those Bat-rogues who are also members of the Legion of Doom)
Suicide Squad (headlined by Deadshot and Harley Quinn)

Animated Television Series
Teen Titans, more 'Young Justice'-styled for a change
Birds of Prey

Also various tie-in games connecting the various mediums, as well as tie-in comics written or contributed to by the actual screenwriters.

Last edited:
movies
Batman vs Superman
Justice League
Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern/The Flash
Green Lantern
The Flash
Sandman
Shazam