Birds of Prey Cry of the Huntress! Official MEW Thread

She's good in the movie but fairly underdeveloped. Her characterization is sort of like she's trying really hard to look cool and badass. She doesn't have much to do until the end.

This is really Harley's story and more of an introduction of Huntress/Helen Bertinelli.
I said this in another thread but she's basically Raven from Teen Titans TAS. Her brooding is played for laughs and she's socially awkward.

I said this in another thread but she's basically Raven from Teen Titans TAS. Her brooding is played for laughs and she's socially awkward.
I think the difference here is that Raven is really immersed in the whole dark brooding goth style. Here, Huntress looks more like she's playing around and trying to look and act cool and yes is socially awkward as you said.

So I think like a genuine goth vs. someone trying to act goth.

I think the difference here is that Raven is really immersed in the whole dark brooding goth style. Here, Huntress looks more like she's playing around and trying to look and act cool and yes is socially awkward as you said.

So I think like a genuine goth vs. someone trying to act goth.
Great point .

I thought Winstead was pretty good. There was just enough Huntress to satisfy, and I think her story was woven into the other storylines about as well as it was going to be. The "awkward" thing seems to be a sort of take on the 90's version of the character, who was a teacher and a bit of a square compared to other heroes. They pushed it a tad too far, but it worked in context.

E2vY7auv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"