Birds of Prey Cry of the Huntress! Official MEW Thread

She's good in the movie but fairly underdeveloped. Her characterization is sort of like she's trying really hard to look cool and badass. She doesn't have much to do until the end.

This is really Harley's story and more of an introduction of Huntress/Helen Bertinelli.

In terms of being a Huntress fan, I really don't like the sound of the "trying to look cool" angle.

Don't get me wrong she get some cool fight scenes and action beats. But they go for this sort of awkward sort of "wants to say something cool but gets interrupted or doesn't quite do it that well" type of humor. Now that I didn't really care for but whatever. These tend to be the sacrifices that are made in films and TV adaptations.

Honestly, I loved her in this. I just wanted more of her, but she was my favorite of the bunch. All of her comedic awkward moments worked for me, and she definitely nailed the badassery. I just loved the whole idea that being raised by assassins and devoting all her time to training meant she got no actual socialization growing up so she's super smooth with kicking ass and taking names, but as soon as she has to have any basic social interactions it all falls apart, lol.

Honestly, I loved her in this. I just wanted more of her, but she was my favorite of the bunch. All of her comedic awkward moments worked for me, and she definitely nailed the badassery. I just loved the whole idea that being raised by assassins and devoting all her time to training meant she got no actual socialization growing up so she's super smooth with kicking ass and taking names, but as soon as she has to have any basic social interactions it all falls apart, lol.

I'm even more excited for that female assassin flick she is doing. The script is on par with the first JW flick for me.

I'm even more excited for that female assassin flick she is doing. The script is on par with the first JW flick for me.
I'm nervous about the director for that, but I know MEW will pull her weight, that's for sure.

That makes sense. Lol. The unraveling of her background was half baked, though.

The best Mary Jane we never had. Yeah, she was the best of Birds but had only like seven lines lol. Hopefully well see her in another movie or HBO Max series.

She's working with same stunt team (" 87eleven" stunt team one who worked on Birds of Prey) for that.

Sounds interesting. Hopefully she gets more to do in future films now that the intro is done.

She was my favorite, as well. Her practicing in front of the mirror was just the best and her characterization was an insanely smart detail because of what you've just said. I like it when characters are approached from a human POV, i.e. how would a person who grew up with killers and training to become one herself to avenge her mafia family ACTUALLY be?

I don't know if anyone else here watches Gurren Lagann, but Huntress' repeated "Do you know who I am?" reminded me a lot of the repeated line "Who the hell do you think I am?" said by the character Kamina in Gurren Lagann.

That’s one thing I didn’t like... made me think of Arrow when Oliver kept saying “you have failed this city” for three seasons.

That’s one thing I didn’t like... made me think of Arrow when Oliver kept saying “you have failed this city” for three seasons.

Except this was a joke and intentionally humorous. Not the same thing at all.

Man I always love me some MEW and while I did love her introduction in the restaurant scene it really felt like she wasn't in the movie nearly enough which is a shame. I hope we get to see more of her in the future either in movies or like bapi said an HBO Max Series.

Huntress is the absolute best character in the film, I wish she was in it more but the whole gag that she's in her own movie that abruptly collides with Harley's in the climax is legit hilarious. Her social awkwardness, defensiveness and angry outbursts got the biggest laughs of the film for me. Seeing more of her is the primary reason I'd want a sequel to this.

I'm way more interested in Huntress as a socially inept angry dork than the traditional comics version, to be honest.

Huntress is the absolute best character in the film, I wish she was in it more but the whole gag that she's in her own movie that abruptly collides with Harley's in the climax is legit hilarious. Her social awkwardness, defensiveness and angry outbursts got the biggest laughs of the film for me. Seeing more of her is the primary reason I'd want a sequel to this.

I'm way more interested in Huntress as a socially inept angry dork than the traditional comics version, to be honest.
It is quite a funny twist. I'd be up for more. She needs a bit more focus to really get to grips with the character though.

BTS

lf8w7ep7hdg41.jpg

I thought MEW was really good but there just wasn't enough of her. Considering how much the story revolves around her character, she should have got more focus.

Huntress was definitely my favourite character in BOP. Loved her look, her story, her fight scenes, her characterisation, everything. The only thing is she wasn’t in it very much and now I’m desperate for a sequel with more focus on her :mrk:.

God, I really hope they make BOP 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"