The Battlestar Galactica and Caprica Discussion Thread - Part 1

EDIT: This is a spoilerific thread... so be aware

I know there are a number of other threads about the show, but might aswell start a permanent discussion thread.

I'll start with a review of Home, Part 2

Everybody is reunited in this episode. No one is marooned anywhere, or off on a solo mission or what not. Although the episode was a little bit of a let down, with little action, many major events happened.

Caprica Boomer is now what could be called a Cylon defector, choosing to join the fleet. Baltar's Six is now somewhat mysterious. She is not a chip in his head, which leads to the question of who, or what is she?

The path to earth has been revealled, although the clues to it's location are based on a view of the night sky, from earth.

Adama has placed his faith in the hands of the President, as she did lead the fleet to the tomb of Athena.

Although the episode was a little underwhelming, it sets the stage for a new chapter in the series.

Lastly, I did some reading for spoilers:

It looks like we will be getting to see Commander Caine, and Battlestar Pegasus in the near future. No Sheba, sadly, but the reasons for that are clearly stated in the blog I read (mainly that the Father/Son Commander/captain already exists on Galactica, and to repeat the exact same thing on the Pegasus would be redundant). However, I'm excited to see this, b/c in the original, the Pegasus and Caine were billed as the most badass Battlestar of them all. So it should be fun to see some serious reinforcements, aswell as some kind of reckless plan excecuted by Caine.

Young Bill Adama's been cast:
'Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome' stars revealed: Here's the new Adama -- EXCLUSIVE
by James Hibberd

Who’s going to play young William Adama in Syfy’s highly anticipated Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood & Chrome?

Syfy has cast Luke Pasqualino (Skins — U.K.) as Adama. While Ben Cotton (Hellcats, Riese) is the other lead, playing Adama’s commanding officer.

First, here’s some official character descriptions that give you some new details about the show:
Pasqualino will star as the young, talented fighter pilot William Adama, a recent Academy graduate who finds himself assigned to the newest Battlestar in the Colonial fleet: the Galactica. Full of ambition and in pursuit of the intense action that the Cylon war promises, Adama quickly finds himself at odds with Coker (Cotton), the battle-weary officer to whom he reports. With 45 days left in his tour of duty, Coker desires an end to battle just as much as Adama craves the start of it. Though they clash at first, the two men forge an unlikely bond when a routine mission turns dangerous and becomes a pivotal one for the desperate fleet.

Blood & Chrome is set during the 10th year of the first Cylon war. The show will debut with a two-hour pilot on Syfy, executive produced by David Eick.

Here’s some cool Blood & Chrome concept art that hints at the look Syfy is going for.

What do you think of the casting?
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/26/battlestar-galactica-blood-chorme-cast/

I assume that, given that the kid playing him is only 20, this takes place before the Razor Flashbacks?

Godsdammit, Thread Manager!!! :cmad::cmad::cmad:

:csad:

Luke was the last person I ever expected to be Adama, but good for him. Will be interesting to see him with an american accent.

So I started watching the series for the first time. I just finished the miniseries that started it all. It's very interesting. I can see why people are crazy about this show.

You're going to **** a brick by the time you get to season 4.

Well I do love a good brick ****ting every now and then.

You have no idea. :up:

I actually started rewatching my DVDs recently and I blew through the first three seasons shockingly quick.

You have no idea. :up:

I actually started rewatching my DVDs recently and I blew through the first three seasons shockingly quick.

except for the end of that arc, where we got a couple of odd single serving episodes, the first season is so well put together. I remember when they were coming out on torrents from the UK where it was airing like a year ahead of in NA, it was torture waiting week to week.

it just get progressively more depressing, and you keep waiting for someone to DO SOMETHING,,, then it gets awesome, then it gets wierd.

wish I could watch it for the first time all over again. The only re-edit I'd ever ask for, is to have a Bear Mccreary score for the miniseries.

I'm not very happy with who they have chose as Young Adama for B&C. I was so looking forward to it before expecting to see Nico Cortez(who played a younger Adama in the Razor Flashback webisodes) as young Adama.

I was thinking about BandC. I hope that the premier makes use of the multiple generations of Adamas available to them now. Like it would be interesting if the story was framed with the elder Admiral Adama narrating the story of his past, maybe passing his story as an oral history to youth on Earth.

with the relatively close proximity of the 3 modern BSG series, the use of interfranchise cameo and flashback/flashforward is a really juicy option I hope they take advantage of.

obviously Joseph Adama will play in the show as a semi regular from time to time... especially to play upon the conflict between Bill and Joseph over the war.

given where the series is billed to pick up, there will also be some sort of prologue, explaining what ended up happening. The series seems to be starting at the start of the technological dark age (a date I assume starts with the launching of galactica). So to see the motivation behind that would be interesting. How it will be addressed is whaat interests me... as a prologue? as a flashback? or as a history that is revealled slowly over the course of the show?

I'm really interested in seeing how they will tackle the series. It's quite a complicated task they've set for themselves. I mean the idea of a prequel is complicated, but no more so than a sequel. But 'middle' story that aligns with both the Caprica prequel, and BSG 'sequel' should be an interesting challenge. I can't wait to see how they work it all out.

Dissapointed with the casting I'm not gonna lie Cortez was ****ing perfect if you ask me.

So I started watching the series for the first time. I just finished the miniseries that started it all. It's very interesting. I can see why people are crazy about this show.

It only gets better from there.

Yea.
Unlike other shows that seem to kinda dip or become a catastrophe after dragging on (Lost and 24 come to mind) season 3/4 are arguably far better than season 1/2. The space battles seem to be certantly better. When you see the hub battle scene, if your jaw aint dropping, then theres probably something wrong with the hinge.

[YT]-DW5l65IjXE[/YT]
I swear, this guy makes me wish I was english.

I am currently watching the season 3 finale (for the first time) and I just saw Lee Adama's speech about Gaius Baltar: BADASS. I never really liked him at all, but I like where his character is going.

Lee or Gaius?

Either way, I really liked that speech as well. One of my favourite moments from the series.

Lee was badass. I don't really get the whole "All Along the Watchtower" bit, and I don't think I like it. I like the reveal, but why are they hearing that frackin' Earth song?

Lee was badass. I don't really get the whole "All Along the Watchtower" bit, and I don't think I like it. I like the reveal, but why are they hearing that frackin' Earth song?

You will find out, and it will blow your mind. It plays into the whole "All this has happened before, and all of this will happen again." Just go with it, and it will all makes sense.

Also, let me know when you get done with the series, and I'l P.M. you the BSG Bible by Ron Moore. It's his original write up about the BSG universe and what everything in it means. It's pretty cool, and an interesting read for a fan.

Last edited:

which earth?:doh:

You will find out, and it will blow your mind. It plays into the whole "All this has happened before, and all of this will happen again." Just go with it, and it will all makes sense.

Also, let me know when you get done with the series, and I'l P.M. you the BSG Bible by Ron Moore. It's his original write up about the BSG universe and what everything in it means. It's pretty cool, and an interesting read for a fan.

look at post 16

As someone mentioned the music is part of the story.
Even if it wasn't, I probably wouldn't be complaning about the use of that track in that scene, it was pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"