The Beast/Henry McCoy Thread

Reaction score
You know sometimes, when you cage the Beast, the Beast gets angry! Do you agree? Beast's best movie role is still his first movie appearance which is more than 15 years ago.

Who will be the MCU Beast?

We need someone as good as Kelsey Grammer to nail Beast’s personality, and hopefully they can get Beast’s visuals, physical abilities and super agility across well this time.

for older (hear me out)
Diedrich Bader
upload_2022-9-14_17-11-27.png

for slightly younger
Jesse Plemons
upload_2022-9-14_17-5-10.png

Last edited:
6tf0jd.jpg

6tf18n.jpg

Hope we finally get the original gray/black furred Beast.
Not sure why they started interpreting him as blue.
(yes I know in the flat interiors they inevitably used blue to highlight black (like Superman's hair, also black, not blue)
Beast started off gray, then slowly transitioned to all blue, till the next gen just assumed he was blue.
7zU2icF.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm I just want to see him as a blue fur ball like in TAS. I don't need to witness his many mutations in the big screen.

6tf0jd.jpg

6tf18n.jpg

Hope we finally get the original gray/black furred Beast.
Not sure why they started interpreting him as blue.
(yes I know in the flat interiors they inevitably used blue to highlight black (like Superman's hair, also black, not blue)

Agreed. I always felt like having three prominant blue characters in X-men felt like an overload. One of them should be a different color.

Nightcrawler is Indigo. Who's the other blue one?

Iceman? Its a different shade of blue, and he is mostly covered in white ice.

I guess Archangel?

I only want to see Archangel when Apocalypse is involved and we'd probably wait for a couple of films before Marvel Studios' X-Men: Apocalypse.
True, and anyway would need to introduce Angel for at least a film or 2 before that for it to have the desired impact.

I only want to see Archangel when Apocalypse is involved and we'd probably wait for a couple of films before Marvel Studios' X-Men: Apocalypse.
an Apocalypse is yet another Blue character... lol

that an Mystique

And don't forget the ever important Jazz, whose power is literally just being blue.

Well its just the way they are in the comics for decades. Just embrace it.

There is an X-Men Blue Team so I guess it makes sense. :D

The Kelsey Grammer Beast personality was great. This time they just need to get good visuals and action for Beast to go with that. Professor Hulk CGI/mo-cap shows that things have moved forward a lot since X3.

The Kelsey Grammer Beast personality was great. This time they just need to get good visuals and action for Beast to go with that. Professor Hulk CGI/mo-cap shows that things have moved forward a lot since X3.
I think the Young Beast made the character uninteresting that a MCU version would booXt my interest to the character.

I remember being so eXcited for Beast in X3. Even though the movie was a disappointment, Beast was the best character in the movie. It just sucked that we didn't get a X4 in 2009 for Kelsey Grammer to reprise his role. Like you could imagine if we got a 4 movie arc with Kelsey Grammer's Beast from X3 to X7.

I'd welcome him back for Secret Wars. He's too old unfortunately to be the long term MCU Beast even though he nailed Hank McCoy's personality.

I'd welcome him back for Secret Wars. He's too old unfortunately to be the long term MCU Beast even though he nailed Hank McCoy's personality.
After Avengers: Secret Wars, there shouldn't be any actors (in their foXverse/Sonyverse role) in the MCU.

Like no more variants after the Multiverse Saga.

Christian Navvaro (32) 'Pray For The Devil'
-2iliic.jpg

And as much as I love blue Beast, I hope we can get a proper version of this first

4v4sf0.jpg

It could be so strange, and deliciously uncanny if done right.

XCM Beast is one of my fave characters ever, and one of the most compelling cinematic superheroes in history.
I loved him throughout the five X-Men movies he starred in.

In First Class, Hank started as "Human Mode Beast" and then turned into the "Feline Form".
Before DOFP, he experienced a further mutation that turned him into what I call the "Werewolf Form" (DOFP, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix). I absolutely loved him in Dark Phoenix.

In the original timeline (as well as the new timeline), between 1992 and 2000, he experienced a second mutation and thus displayed the "Ape Form" (Kelsey Grammer). He also aged a bit in the process, because you can see some white streaks on the sides of his hair.

I'm glad that he dropped the special serum by the end of Dark Phoenix. That was the final stage of his beautiful character-arc.

Please, no CGI for the Marvel version. I love the Beast make-up.

Last edited:
About the blue factor:

Apocalypse is celeste and dark blue.

Nightcrawler is indigo, indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"