Blue Ambitions: The Beast & Mystique X3 Thread

the a1ant

Awesome
Reaction score
Blue Ambitions: The Beast & Mystique X3 Thread.
Thread inspired by SHH! member Lightnin' Strikez!

Welcome to the first official thread dedicated solely to Kelsey Grammer aka Dr. Hank McCoy (Beast) and Rebecca Romijn aka Raven Darkholme (Mystique)...the fantastic BLUE characters of X3 (sorry, Nightcrawler) :( Here, we will discuss all things blue, in relation to both Beast and Mystique respectively.

You can discuss Nightcrawler as well, but seeing as he's possibly going to not be featured anywhere in X3, the thread is titled to the two character who are locked and confirmed.Lets talk about the
comic book characters, the actors, and their roles in X3. Also feel free to post your favorite pictures of these fantastic blue mutants!

sithpre3.jpg
punisherpreg.jpg

xbeast1a.jpg
xmen.jpg

Beast is an awesome character and Kelsey Grammer is perfect for the role.

Oooooh, nice formatting.

Next, that sketch of Beast makes him look like some kind of giant sloth.

Finally, I wonder whether we'll get to see Beast and Mystique in a scene together? I suspect not, unless she's in the form of Senator Kelly.

BEAST:
The Comic Book Character

200px-NEWX148.jpg

Codename:
Beast
Sex:Male
Race:Homo Superior
Identity: Publicly known
Legal Status:Citizen of the United States with no criminal record
Place of Birth: Dunfee, Illinoise
Marital Status: Single
Known Relatives: Norton McCoy - father; Edna McCoy - mother.
Current Group Membership:The X-Men
Former Group Membership: The Avenger, The Defenders, X-Factor
Base of Operations: Xavier School for the Gifted

Known Superhuman Powers: Hank McCoy has superhuman strength and endurance, as well as superhuman coordination (he can perform many tasks with his feet as easily as a human would do with his hands) and speed. The physical manifestations of his mutation are his elongated limbs and oversized extremeties, which were evident since birth. Experimenting with his mutation, Hank inadvertently gave himself blue (originally grey) fur and a more simian posture. Following a critical injury, he mutated even further, changing from a primate to a more feline appearance. His level of superhuman strength and speed have been augmented moderately over the years by these various physiological changes, but it should be noted that they remain purely a product of his enhanced physiology, rather than of any higher power source.

Information thanks to www.wikipedia.com

This is a cool pic too...i like how the dress she is wearing is the same color as mystiques skin

This is my new favorite thread!!

beast07.gif

beast08.gif

X-men%203,%20Beast.jpg

beast05.jpg

Didn't they say Beast was gonna look alot like the Beast from the 90's X-men cartoon? I hope so, I like that look. :) :xmen:

Ions said:
Didn't they say Beast was gonna look alot like the Beast from the 90's X-men cartoon? I hope so, I like that look. :) :xmen:
They said that?

I hope it's true because I think the looks in both cartoons are done well.

this is a cool part when she slides through the doors...and then flicks stryker off!

18.jpg

Mystique:
The Comic Character

230px-Mystique11.png

Alias: Mystique; Mallory Brickman
Place Of Birth: Unknown
Birthdate: Unknown
Species: Human/Mutant (Homo Superior)
Eye Color: Yellow
Hair Color: Red/Orange
Weight: 120 lbs.
Height: 5'10
Family And Friends: Unofficial Foster Daughter - Roguehttp://www.geocities.com/bastetmajik/N-Z/rogue.html; Husband - Ralph Brickman; Daughter - Gloria Brickman; Son - Graydon Creed (Deceased)

History: Little has been revealed about Mystique's past. Indeed, since she can eliminate the outward signs of aging with her shape-changing power, it is not known exactly how old she is. She apparently learned to use her shape-changing power at a very early age, for there is no evidence known to the public or the United States government that Raven Darkholme ever looked like anything but a normal human being. Years ago Mystique had an affair with the mutant Sabretooth and they had a son, Graydon Creed, the recently assassinated presidential candidate. Mystique has also claimed to be the mother of Nightcrawler, a member of the X-Men, as the result of a liaison with another, unnamed man. Mystique is known to be a longtime friend of the mutant Destiny who is now deceased. At some point in recent years Mystique became the protectress of the young mutant named Rogue, and looked upon Rogue as a surrogate daughter.

Powers: Mystique is a mutant metamorph. She can psionically shift the atoms and molecules of her body and of whatever clothing she is wearing so as to change her and its appearance. As a result she can cause herself to look and sound like an exact duplicate of any human, humanoid, or semi-humanoid being of either sex, wearing virtually any kind of clothing. Her control is so exact that she can precisely duplicate another person's retina pattern in her own eyes, finger, palm and skin-pore patterns on her own hands and skin, and vocal cords to match voices to the point of corresponding voiceprints.

First Appearance:
As Raven Darkholme, in the comic Ms. Marvel #16; as Mystique, in the comic Ms. Marvel #18

Information obtained here.

Avalanche said:
They said that?

I hope it's true because I think the looks in both cartoons are done well.

Avi said it when Kelsey was confirmed.

snwboarder88 said:
this is a cool part when she slides through the doors...and then flicks stryker off!

18.jpg
You have to wonder how she managed to slide backward through those doors. I mean, the floor doesn't look that slippery.

You'll note on the trailer the scene is changed slightly too to make it available to a wider audience.

I actually like the Evolution version of Beast. I like the fact that they made him not so blue, but rather gun metal greyish.

I hope this is NOT what beast will look like in x3...he looks like a sloth, or a bad monster from a bad horror movie

2beast.jpg

Well, I can definately see Kelsey looking like that, but who knows.

i hope he isnt to blue like maybe a little shade of blue with some grey mixed in

Avalanche said:
You have to wonder how she managed to slide backward through those doors. I mean, the floor doesn't look that slippery.

You'll note on the trailer the scene is changed slightly too to make it available to a wider audience.

Perhaps the floor was powdered as opposed to oiled. Talcum powder works wonders, especially when combined with the prosthetic appliances she wore.

How will Beast be brought to the big screen?
A look at previous quotes.

[size=-1]Mike Elizalde mentioned earlier that Kelsey Grammer had been life scanned for his Beast suit, and talks about the Beast effects @ IESB.net (Video interview)

While Grammer might seem a surprise to play a 355-pound blue-colored brute, producer Avi Arad said, "Kelsey was born to play the role," explaining that Beast is the most intelligent of the mutants, a pacifist Ph.D. and genetic researcher named Hank McCoy.

"This is a big role in the new movie, and when we met with him, you can see that Kelsey has that you'd-better-have-a-dictionary-handy intelligence," said Arad, who's producing with Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter.

[size=-1]
[size=-1](07.12.05) Will Juggernaut and Beast be CGI characters?[/size][size=-1] If not, how will they do the suits for both of them, and the acrobatics for Beast?[/size][size=-1] - Justin[/size][size=-1]

XMF's Reply: [/size]
[size=-1]The actor will be put into a complicated outfit, with numerous prosthetics (Rebecca Romijn's Mystique had it easy!). The Beast character will be a blend of practical and computer effects...in the case of CGI, it will be used especially when the character is agile, and performing extraordinary feats. - [/size]
[size=-1]www.xmenfilms.net[/size][size=-1]
[/size]

Romijn getting into shape for X3
Thanks Electric Wire

KANGAROO JACK star JERRY O'CONNELL has stepped in to train his girlfriend REBECCA ROMIJN for the third X-MEN movie when it starts shooting next month (AUG05).

The actor has picked up enough tips from his brother CHARLIE, who used to be a professional fitness trainer in Hollywood, to set his girlfriend a rigorous work-out schedule, so she'll look great when she reprises her role as all-blue MYSTIQUE.

Romijn feels it's the least her man can do - as he's partly responsible for her weight gain, which has got gossips speculating about her health for the past few months.

She explains, "I've had a great year with my boyfriend. I fell in love and had lots of romantic dinners. It was worth every last chocolate mousse and bottle of wine. But now it's crunch time.

From Comics2Film

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"