The Best Highlander?

Cinemaman

Avenger
Reaction score
The best for me was Highlander (1986).

I loved this movie, it was relly good film. Actors, vissual effects and script were very good. Music by Queen was great.

Sad, but it was flop. But I still love it.

I gave it 9 out of 10.

But I didn't like sequels, they were terrible.

Anyway, Highlander 2 was not so bad sequel as I think. It didn't have something really new or special.

So I gave it 7 out of 10.

But third and fourth were really BAD movies.

Highlander 3 - 5 out of 10.

Highlander 4 - 3 out of 10.

I hated then.

And what is your favorite Highlander movie?

1 is best, but I enjoyed 3 for some odd reason. 3 was the one with MVP I believe. The rest were meh but watchable if really, really, really, really, really, really bored. :D

The first is great, but I really like Endgame. Duncan and Kell's fight is I think, the greatest battle of all.

The Highlander franchise is a big pile of crap.
The only thing going for it, but doesn´t saves it, is Sean Connery.

It´s an amazing premise, and could have easily be turned into a great franchise, but it isn´t, not even close.
The tv show is light years better than the movies.

I haven´t seen EndGame yet, i still not that desperate.

Original was the best.
Endgame was pretty good, too, despite me seeing it when I was 9, but I saw it again and it was good.

As movies they are good, but as a franchise... :down

You see it all depends on what version of the films your talking about. If you are talking about Director Cuts well then Endgame is the best because it continues Duncan's story from the show. After all the show didn't end that great, Endgame tied things up a little more. Though it wasn't great.

However if you are talking about the original movies pre dirctor cuts then it would have to be Highlander. The magic all started there. Besides Krugen was a kick ass villian.

There is only one Highlander movie. Everything after the original occurred in some mirror universe ala Star Trek and does not really count. *Tries to unremember The Quickening, TFD and Endgame*

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows the original Highlander was the best. Although Deborah Kara Unger from #3 may have been the hottest Highlander babe, especially when she sported red hair in the French flashback sequences.

I thought all the Highlander movies sucked except for the first one. Highlander was a fantastic movie with very poor sequels and a bad tv show.

I think Highlander (1986) is the best. Granted it could have been more, but it is a solid film.

Highlander 2: I have yet to see in it's entirety, but I know I would be disappointed.

Highlander 3: Aweak rehash of the first one, but at least it ignored 2. MVP was a cool villain (albeit a Kurgan ripoff) with a cool power. In general it had a good basic premise but it just came off as a rehash.

Endgame: Was ok. I didn't like the Villain (Kell) all that much and
Connor Dying
pissed me off. As much as I liked Duncan from the TV series, Connor Rules.

With all the remakes nowadays, I kinda wished they had made this one. If done properly it could be a great franchise.

The first movie ended with Connor killing Krugen, becoming the last Immortal. If that's how the first movie ends, why do you need a franchise?

I never got around to watching the TV series.

Immortalfire said:
Duncan and Kell's fight is I think, the greatest battle of all.

Except one piece of footage is shown twice, and the special effects cost about $12.

Say what you will about Russell Mulcahy, he does create incredible atmosphere and spectacle. That's why I love the original movie, and even like the second.

Isildur´s Heir said:
The Highlander franchise is a big pile of crap.
The only thing going for it, but doesn´t saves it, is Sean Connery.

It´s an amazing premise, and could have easily be turned into a great franchise, but it isn´t, not even close.
The tv show is light years better than the movies.

I haven´t seen EndGame yet, i still not that desperate.

My thoughts exactly, minus the TV Show because I never saw it...

Kevin Roegele said:
Except one piece of footage is shown twice, and the special effects cost about $12.

Say what you will about Russell Mulcahy, he does create incredible atmosphere and spectacle. That's why I love the original movie, and even like the second.

agreed about the first movie. couldnt stand the sequels.
and the TV was watchable, and could so easily have fitted in without knacking continuity with one teeny weeny ickle change: forget that Duncan MacLeod rubbish, they should have made him Connor.

didn't endgame recycle certain scenes at the end to make the fight look longer than it actually was

i remember getting serious deja vu watching that

the original was the best, it was a slowly going down hill from then on.

but the swordfights were always good :up:

I'll have to go with the original. It was so new and fresh, the idea that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"