The Big Apple Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shyair~108 said:
Err. It's in the same area as the midtown business district. It'd be considered as such. Just becausei t's not on 42nd, doesn't make it any less times square o_O.
alright, i see ur point of view. But I went to the improv with a friend, that was it.

akut401 said:
ya know, i thought i was gonna be pissed off, but i really wasnt.....i dont know why.....

I'm not really pissed off it happened anymore because my brother-in-law rubs it in my face all the time. But it sucks to hear someone from Boston say that

Wiseman said:
I'm not really pissed off it happened anymore because my brother-in-law rubs it in my face all the time. But it sucks to hear someone from Boston say that

just tell him his teams got a lot of catching up to do.....

Abaddon said:
Hey,I thought itd be cool if there was a thread for us New Yorkers to discuss stuff thats going on in our city.:)
Construction
Do you think they should build a new Jets stadium?

Hmm......This is nice :hyper: .......

Um....You mean the new Stadium Bloomberg wants to build?. The one where he wants to raise the prices for the MTA to use that money to build it?. "Say no to a west side stadium"?:o........

as if a freaking monthly metrocard isn't expensive enough.

akut401 said:
just tell him his teams got a lot of catching up to do.....
We have the Celtics, you have the Yankees... both lead there sport in titles won. Also, we are in third place in MLB World Championships... with six. We had to beat the top two teams on that chart to win this year... Cardinals have won nine and the Yankees have won twenty six.

Slipknot said:
We have the Celtics, you have the Yankees... both lead there sport in titles won. Also, we are in third place in MLB World Championships... with six. We had to beat the top two teams on that chart to win this year... Cardinals have won nine and the Yankees have won twenty six.

hey im not putting down the red sox at all, im just speaking the truth....

and im a celtics fan too, by the way (after the knicks)

Metrocards really are going up. That crap is messed up. bad enough they raised it to two dollars a ride.

Shyair~108 said:
Metrocards really are going up. That crap is messed up. bad enough they raised it to two dollars a ride.
yeah, but atleast we still get the transfers.

Bleh,Ernie Enastos of channel 2 will be joining Fox5,sometime next year.:/

And damn it was ****ing windy as hell today!!

Abaddon said:
Bleh,Ernie Enastos of channel 2 will be joining Fox5,sometime next year.:/

And damn it was ****ing windy as hell today!!

I have a funny Ernie Enastos story....

A couple of years ago Nassau Colesium was hosting some early games in the NCAA tournament....me and a few of my friends didnt get tickets, so we decide to go and watch the teams practice.....well we're up about halfway, and the place is pretty empty....and theres Ernie Enastos, doing one of those "on the scene" sports reports hyping up the tourney. When he raps up the shoot, we seem him walk down the stairs in the aisle....me and my friends notice him, and we yell out "ERNIE!" The guy turns around, and gives us a wave.

When he turns back, he misses a step and proceeds to fall down the stairs the length of the aisle.

All of us just sit there, shocked. We get up and run away.

Ernie wasnt on UPN 9 at 10 that next night.

Webmistress_O4 said:
I can't wait to move to New York...

Yeah, its pretty much suprerior to any other place on Earth/Universe.

akut401 said:
I have a funny Ernie Enastos story....

A couple of years ago Nassau Colesium was hosting some early games in the NCAA tournament....me and a few of my friends didnt get tickets, so we decide to go and watch the teams practice.....well we're up about halfway, and the place is pretty empty....and theres Ernie Enastos, doing one of those "on the scene" sports reports hyping up the tourney. When he raps up the shoot, we seem him walk down the stairs in the aisle....me and my friends notice him, and we yell out "ERNIE!" The guy turns around, and gives us a wave.

When he turns back, he misses a step and proceeds to fall down the stairs the length of the aisle.

All of us just sit there, shocked. We get up and run away.

Ernie wasnt on UPN 9 at 10 that next night.

ROFL!!!!!!:D

You hurt Ernie.

I remember a few years ago when Lynn White(WB11) was on fox5,she got into an argument with Jim Ryan on the air.:eek:

I was in the city a couple of days ago. The traffic was horrendous and the pedestrians were *****es, but it felt damn good to be back.

Abaddon said:
ROFL!!!!!!:D

You hurt Ernie.

I remember a few years ago when Lynn White(WB11) was on fox5,she got into an argument with Jim Ryan on the air.:eek:

i met jim ryan in central park once....he asked if i had a pen, and i went "no, why?", and he went "so i can give you an autograph." It was awkward.....

Speaking of celebrity sightings,I once saw Michael Rosenbaum(lex Luthor on Smallville) in a train station back when he was on "Zoe,Duncan,Jack & Jane"

thats a good topic....any celebrity stories? Its pretty regular around the city; ive seen janene garofolo so many times walking her dog she waves to me now.....

I met the dude that's in Lost now, that played Mercutio in R & J near city hall. Met his wife and kids..

Sadly,since I rarely travel to the city,the only movie shooting I've seen was Angelina Jolie's bomb "Life,or something like it".:(:down

i saw spidey 2...it was pretty cool.....shh helped me out on that one...

Unthinkable said:
Yeah, its pretty much suprerior to any other place on Earth/Universe.

What do you mean "pretty much". It is damn it, it is!

It's gonna snow tomorrow so get the shovels ready, *****es.

FL here i come :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"