The Birds Of Prey thread

Birds of Prey #9 Preview

al2ec4.jpg

Black Canary's mom was kind of a ****

Speedy needs to stop blaming Dinah for his cat taffying and coke snorting :dry:

That's technically Dinah blaming herself, since that's all in her head.

She needs to stop blaming herself for Speedy using dead cats as weapons

I quite like that Gail is attempting to confront all the awful writing Dinah has been through recently.

Yep it is neat she is not ignoring it

Glad Black Canary is being written by Simone again every other writer who writes that character sucks at it :down

Yeah, seriously. Not only has everyone else sucked at writing her, but sometimes they forget to write her at all. After Prometheus destroyed Star City and killed Lian Harper, where was Dinah? This was her husband's granddaughter and her surrogate son's daughter, and she wasn't there for them. In fact, she's the only character in that family who wasn't all that hurt by Lian's death.

And then there's Chihiro Sin, who was written out of Dinah's life as soon as Simone gave up the reigns to the character.

So, you know... way to make Dinah look like an uncaring b****, DC.

I was okay with Dinah and Ollie getting hitched. They're one of those on-again/off-again couples that just belong together. I just hated the way it was executed, and the fact that their marriage started falling apart the very moment Judd Winick left the title (which was about a dozen issues in).

I did not like it because I do not think Dinah belongs with Ollie

She should be with Oracle :atp:

The way her and Ollie were written when they were together made me make this face :dry:

And this face :csad:

Dinah and Babs have whatever the female equivalent of a Bromance is.

Dinah and Ollie are a couple that broke up only because Ollie didn't have the discipline to keep it in his pants. The fact that he went celibate for a couple of years before reconnecting with Dinah is the reason she took him back and married him. It showed that he could change.

Then all of a sudden, it was "Oh my god! Some crazy ass new villain is killing off Ollie's rogues gallery, and Ollie is torn between his guilt over their deaths and his relief that dangerous criminals are dead! No husband of mine is going to feel relieved that his greatest enemies are dead! Ollie, you've got major anger issues! I don't know if this marriage will work! Here's hoping you don't do anything rash and immoral yet completely understandable after a mass-murdering psychopath kills your granddaughter, or I'll leave you in your emotionally distraught hour of need!"

Nope Dinah and Babs have a romance not a bromance

They want each other

They have probably already had eachother :atp:

Search your feelings Manic you know this to be true

I miss classic Birds of Prey. The days of Babs, Dinah, Helena and Zinda. Not a fan of Hawk, Dove, or the new directions.

I dig Dove Savant and Creote as well as the main characters and like theissues i have read of the new birds of prey comic book so far

But I do not like Hawk either he gets the :down from me

Yeah, Hawk is out of place on this team.

He was slightly less of a dbag in issues 8 and 9

But only slightly

The sad part about Hawk is that he pretty much has to be a dbag. He's the avatar of chaos, and aggressive *****ebaggery is one of his superpowers. Writers have no choice but to make him "that guy" on any team they put him on.

Could just be George Perez f**kin' around.

The sad part about Hawk is that he pretty much has to be a dbag. He's the avatar of chaos, and aggressive *****ebaggery is one of his superpowers. Writers have no choice but to make him "that guy" on any team they put him on.

It's like he's doing an impression of Wolverine doing an impression of Clint Eastwood. Horribly.

Is that logo supposed to be something recognizable? It looks like it's for a team consisting of Magneto and Plastic Man or something... :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"