Infinity War The Black Widow Thread

Yeah best hairstyle actually was her hairstyles in Avengers 1 and Age of Ultron but at the same time I would say Infinity War was more or less her best outing. She had a lot more screentime that's for sure and she basically shined in her fight scenes a lot more.

Yeah best hairstyle actually was her hairstyles in Avengers 1 and Age of Ultron but at the same time I would say Infinity War was more or less her best outing. She had a lot more screentime that's for sure and she basically shined in her fight scenes a lot more.

What movie were you watching? She had less screentime in this than she did in Iron Man 2. She didn't have much to do here at all.

But you have to admit she more or less held her own against The Black Order when she was fighting them on Wakanda

But you have to admit she more or less held her own against The Black Order when she was fighting them on Wakanda

which was kinda annoying. I'd have preferred we got more of her n Okoye struggling against Proxima. And that of course SW came to their rescue.

I wish we got more of dialogue between her and SW. About Vision or simply following her orders.

Regardless it makes me excited to see a Black Widow solo film if they are still committed to doing it

What movie were you watching? She had less screentime in this than she did in Iron Man 2. She didn't have much to do here at all.

She probably had 10mins of screentime in this. I was quite shocked.

I've grown to love Nat in the MCU, especially when the Russo's are directing, but I too was expecting more from her character arc in this film. I honestly think an entire movie could be devoted to covering the two years in between CW and IW, centering around the team Cap trio and how they have developed/grown while living in new, darker environments they are not always used to.

Sure, but those brief fight scenes were pretty much the only worthwhile things she did in the movie.

I think it might have been even less than that.

I've grown to love Nat in the MCU, especially when the Russo's are directing, but I too was expecting more from her character arc in this film. I honestly think an entire movie could be devoted to covering the two years in between CW and IW, centering around the team Cap trio and how they have developed/grown while living in new, darker environments they are not always used to.

I agree. Maybe A4 might have a flashback or so.

It was but I honestly liked every line that I can remember from her.

"We don't want to kill you, but we will if we have to"

"She's not alone"

and her reaction [BLACKOUT] at the dead Vision in the end like she is about to throw up. [/BLACKOUT]

She did well with what she was given, props to scarlet she never looks bored even with minimal screen time. I wish the widows bites and stings from her guantlets would’ve been used along with the batons but she does great. I also wish there was a more extended and choreographed fight with her, Okoye, and Proxima.

She was great at it despite the short time of screentime. Thankfully we didn't have that annoying romance with Bruce, which I hope will die in AV4.

Looking forward to her movie if it does not involve romance too!

I feel that the Natasha Bruce elements in AoU are exhibit A that people online have zero ability to divine fact from falsehood or are incapable of any nuanced thought what so ever.

Once again... They weren't in a romance. They weren't a couple. You can dislike the pairing. Fine. But... they were not a couple nor in a romance. One of them reached out to the other that they wanted to feel out IF there was the possibility of romance. They hardly made proclamations of undying love. They didn't consummate. They actually never even began a serious romantic entanglement of any kind (And yes... They did have subtle clues about where Tasha and Bruce's heads were in regards to this in A1) all it was, was two adults feeling out the possibility. That is all it was. The fans have twisted into something else due to reasoning that is beyond me.

AoU has a lot of issues that makes it mediocre. The Tasha and Bruce scenes are nowhere near the top of things that are mishandled in that movie.

I agree with this. We know what Tony was doing because of Spider-Man Homecoming, and we even know what Bruce and Doctor Strange was up to because of Thor Ragnarock, and even Bucky had some bits in Black Panther, but Steve Rogers has really gotten the shaft in terms of character growth and importance to tge MCU.

I agree with this. We know what Tony was doing because of Spider-Man Homecoming, and we even know what Bruce and Doctor Strange was up to because of Thor Ragnarock, and even Bucky had some bits in Black Panther, but Steve Rogers has really gotten the shaft in terms of character growth and importance to tge MCU.

Like, for the entire flight from Avengers HQ to Wakanda, Bruce never asked why Steve, Natasha, Wanda and Sam look like hobos and aren't on speaking terms with Tony? It didn't even have to be a long-winded explanation - a minute of awkward conversation would've said volumes about the nature of the Avengers' breakup and how hard the past two years have been.

That could be the premise for a BW led film

Hmm. Never considered that. Seems odd to make the adventures of Cap/Nat/Sam a Black Widow movie but I’d be interested in filling in that gap.

We got that trio for a Cap film. I think it could work with her as lead and told from her perspective. Just make the threat tie into her backstory, complete with flashbacks as the past comes back to haunt her

I'd like to see BW get her own version of TWS.

I'd love to see Daredevil in her movie. But it has to be about her and only her.

Scarlett Johansson (who I think is a great actress) was sleepwalking through this. It was painful to watch at times.

She only had like 4 lines....

It was hilarious how they ignored the Nat/Bruce stuff after they first meet in this.

She only had like 4 lines....

It was hilarious how they ignored the Nat/Bruce stuff after they first meet in this.

I mean what else were they to do? They had alot bigger issues to deal with. The two were never a couple and havent seen each other in 3 years. There's not much to say or do

From what was said in interviews, I got the impression that the Russos and M&M didn't care for the Brutasha thing at all. The writers said that it needed to be addressed in some way but they wanted to put a period on it. It's a loose end from another writer/director that they had to wrap up, but the urgency of IW meant they could move past it quickly. And a lot may have ended up on the cutting room floor, from remarks Scarlett made and some clips in the trailers.

Frankly, I think that it was for the best. That "romance" was poorly thought out and wasn't well-received by fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"