Age of Ultron The Black Widow Thread

Hawkingbird

I want to be Kate Bishop
Reaction score
I am so happy that we are getting more Black Widow in AOU! Theme of thread is obvious, let's discuss Black Widow's role in AUO!:woot:

I hope for more scenes that hammer down on the fact that Black Widow is basically the Avengers version of Batman, only female.

Me too, I'm sure it will be great.

I can't wait to see her kick ass again

It will be great to see her get a solo movie.

Yes!! I'm very excited to see her in action...not her hair style.

Whedon did say that BW would have a "key" role in AOU, and Kevin Feige has said that both AOU and TWS will explore more of her past. I'm really curious/excited to see how that all plays out. Oh and give her a solo movie, seriously.

She's a fantastic character, and I have high expectations for her in AOU.

Whedon did say that BW would have a "key" role in AOU, and Kevin Feige has said that both AOU and TWS will explore more of her past. I'm really curious/excited to see how that all plays out. Oh and give her a solo movie, seriously.
besides the animated avengers confidential ?

Honestly, I'm still wondering on how they're going to go about shooting Scarlett's scenes. It's not that I think that Pregnant women shouldn't be allowed to have big roles or be banned from filming their roles; I'm just concerned on how they'll go about it given on how far Scarlett's in her pregnancy.

I mean they had shorten Hallie Berry's role as Storm for "DOFP" and I honestly believe that Black Widow is a much physical role than Storm.

Unless they film most of her dialogue only scenes now and film her doing some of the action after she gives birth, we can expect a lot of cutaways or obvious camera tricks that'll switch to her stunt double. This could be somewhat jarring considering on how much Scarlett had been involved in the action scenes in the past.

I think they will use digital effects. When RDJ broke his ankle on Iron Man 3, they superimposed his face over his stunt double's. Or, considering we have get to see a clear photo of the size of her bump, perhaps they will have her do the action shots first and then edit the bump out (Loads of pregnant women practice yoga and martial arts late into their pregnancy, and Scarlett has confirmed that she is in stunt training).

Feige said the aim is for the press to be asking "Wow, you can't believe she was pregnant during the shooting," which makes me think they are going for something more sophisticated than obvious tricks audiences are already familiar with.

Also, Singer has denied the rumors of Berry's reduced role in the movie.

new-mcu-003.jpg

I imagine it will stem out of her background being somewhat similar to QS/SW's. So she'll relate to them in a way the other 5 can't

Feel free to call me stupid, but what's going on in Widow's neck area in that concept art?

She *has* the widow's bite. Its just not a ray gun.

it's a taser type device built into her wristbands
EDIT I don't mean to insult anybodys inteligence here I just described how the movie would simulate Natasha's weapon

Last edited:
Widow has thyromegaly in the new film

I guess standing next to the Hulk does have side effects. Too much gamma radiation.

:p

But in all seriousness, I do recall on what I'm pretty sure was a catsuit kind of character (sure narrows it down huh? haha), a sort of collar made of random conjoined spherical things, cause you know, comic books. I'm tied between Black Widow and Black Cat, but google images isn't giving me anything of the sort.

So either I'm going mad and the simple answer is a winter coat, or they're incorporating a costume design element that was lost to the sands of time.

I haven't seen CA:TWS, so I'm not sure what happens with SHIELD, but it's interesting that she is still wearing the logo, considering the rumors of the organization not being what it seems.

It could be that
a) The guys doing the concept art just copied her old suit, but it will be different in the film
b) She wears the SHIELD suit in the film because she doesn't have access to any other
c) The CA:TWS speculation is wrong, and she is still a loyal SHILED agent.

I suppose she might still remain loosely associated with them, or maybe there will still be a splinter of SHIELD that keeps the motivations she agrees with, so she ends up sticking around while Steve goes off to do his own thing.

It is very likely that they did just copy assets from other concept art though. That Hulk is a straight rip from previous work. But on the other hand I don't remember that pose... or the weird neck things from any previous concept art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"