The Book of Boba Fett The Book of Boba Fett General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Ehh, I never doubted the source, was just being a smartass.

As for the trailer...ehh. I get it, The Godfather in the GFFA is a cool thought. Just all this "suddenly Boba's a guy with a code" shiz doesn't sit right with me, it didn't last year in the Mando show either.

I don't even have a problem with him laying claim in Tatooine, taking over Jabba's syndicate. Basically makes sense. But where's all the "ruling with respect" crap coming from? He never felt that way at all in the OT or Clone Wars, that's all started with the Mando show last year and just feels so off.

Visually it all looks cool (even if it's not exactly adventurous or doing anything new from Mando), just don't feel it's consistent at all with Boba. What, he has a near-death experience in the Sarlaac and suddenly he's all "now I'm a guy with a code"? It's not unheard of, and he is an older guy now, it's just like...

Jango never seemed like Mr Noble, passing on "criminality's fine, but do it with ethics!" to his kid. And Boba himself spent 25-30 years as the most notoriously ruthless MFer in the galaxy.

The "mellowing" just doesn't sit right with me somehow.

Also, like...the Hutts in general from what we know haven't been beheaded as a galactic force, right? At least I don't recall anything on it in the supplementary stuff. Jabba's gone, the Hutts are ostensibly still the Bad Boys of the crime world. Why in good **** would they let any of this stand?

Ehh, I never doubted the source, was just being a smartass.

As for the trailer...ehh. I get it, The Godfather in the GFFA is a cool thought. Just all this "suddenly Boba's a guy with a code" shiz doesn't sit right with me, it didn't last year in the Mando show either.

I don't even have a problem with him laying claim in Tatooine, taking over Jabba's syndicate. Basically makes sense. But where's all the "ruling with respect" crap coming from? He never felt that way at all in the OT or Clone Wars, that's all started with the Mando show last year and just feels so off.

Visually it all looks cool (even if it's not exactly adventurous or doing anything new from Mando), just don't feel it's consistent at all with Boba. What, he has a near-death experience in the Sarlaac and suddenly he's all "now I'm a guy with a code"? It's not unheard of, and he is an older guy now, it's just like...

Jango never seemed like Mr Noble, passing on "criminality's fine, but do it with ethics!" to his kid. And Boba himself spent 25-30 years as the most notoriously ruthless MFer in the galaxy.

The "mellowing" just doesn't sit right with me somehow.

Also, like...the Hutts in general from what we know haven't been beheaded as a galactic force, right? At least I don't recall anything on it in the supplementary stuff. Jabba's gone, the Hutts are ostensibly still the Bad Boys of the crime world. Why in good **** would they let any of this stand?

I think the issue with Boba's "tone/code" is that there has kinda been an inconsistent voice for him over the decades. You have a bunch of different writers trying to put their stamp on him. Someone want him as this cold as ice MFer others seem to go with the pragmatic but with a "code" idea.

I remember back in his debut arc in the Clone Wars, Hondo told a kid Boba to let the hostages go because its what his Father would have done/the honorable thing to do. Then flash forward to the GCW comics and he's blasting off Bossk's legs aka the guy who looked after him in the Galactic Clink and per Boba's own words from A Certain Point of View "the closest thing he has to a friend". And now we got a Post Sarlaac Boba's whose like "If we work together...we can all be rich".

Hopefully this show can show us his change in ideologies and methods.

Looks great, I can't recall if this was ever addressed, did we get an explanation of how he survived the events of Return of the Jedi?

I’m gonna say he set off his rocket and the explosion caused the Rancor to attack and kill the Sarlacc. Probably had to take the armor off due to the acid and passed out. Jawas stole it then, coma, etc.

Cool trailer, doesn't really give anything unexpected though. Twi'lek makeup is looking a lot better than it did on Mando though, gives me hope for the inevitable Hera appearance.

Someone on the Reddit spoiler/discussion pointed out the Twilek on the right in that one shot looks like it's maybe Jennifer Beals?

Hard to say, but seems they might be onto something, definitely see the resemblance. Would figure that'd necessitate a relatively-large role though, given her stature, at least within a sole episode. Sorta like Clancy Brown in season 1.

Dont wish to get carried away from one teaser trailer but looks better than The Godfather parts 1 and 2. :o

Hype :mrk::mrk::mrk:

Cool trailer, doesn't really give anything unexpected though. Twi'lek makeup is looking a lot better than it did on Mando though, gives me hope for the inevitable Hera appearance.

Yeah the Twi'leks look better than they have in the movies.

Hera's gunna look fiiiiiinnnne

looks like I wanted it to look. Goodfellas on Tatooine. can’t wait. i always wanted to see more a Jabbas palace and his syndicate

It's not really "Goodfellas" on Tatooine. Goodfellas was for the most part mid-to-low-level schmoes. This seems way more Godfather, doubt we're getting a whole lot of characterization of low-on-the-totem-pole goons.

looks like I wanted it to look. Goodfellas on Tatooine. can’t wait. i always wanted to see more a Jabbas palace and his syndicate
How is it like Goodfellas? It feels more like Robert's work or even the Guy Ritchie gangster flicks imo.

Looks great, I can't recall if this was ever addressed, did we get an explanation of how he survived the events of Return of the Jedi?

Mandalorian season 2 may have already dropped the major clue to that.
When they are discussing hunting the Krayt Dragon (whose skull btw Mando really needs to add as a signet to his other pauldron)

Mando: It lives in an abandoned Sarlacc pit.
Cobb: I’ve lived on Tatooine my whole life- there’s no such thing as an abandoned Sarlacc pit.
Mando: There is if you eat the Sarlacc.

Not suggesting it's the same Krayt, just that they may have hinted (and set up) how Fett could have escaped.
As it's also the episode that then re-introduced Fett.
Hopefully we do get a bit of a flashback to how it went down, and how he joined the Tusken,

Also looks like in his opening shot in the trailer, where the droid gives him his helmet. (Seems the top room in the palace if you compare the curtains in the balcony windows from the exterior shot) in his room there is some kind of open tank.
Maybe that is a Bacta-Tank, where he (sleeps?) and heals his scars, and now grew his eyebrows back!:funny:

5smvj2.gif

I can see this convo having gone down.
Morrison: Do I have to shave my eyebrows every episode?
FavRiguez: Ah, ...let's just put a Bacta-Tank in his bedroom.:word:

Last edited:
There’s a brief shot in the trailer of what looks to be Tuskans. Might get a flashback of them taking Boba in immediately post-Sarlaac.

There’s a brief shot in the trailer of what looks to be Tuskans. Might get a flashback of them taking Boba in immediately post-Sarlaac.
Probably anyone surviving and crawling out of a Sarlacc is the definitive- welcome to our tribe, you are now one of us- feat. Hence his adopting their ways.
World building, it might (besides sand) even further explain their bandages if it's some kind of ritual they all go through. .
Hopefully he has the Tusken as allies.
Also those bemoaning this is a different character from the Fett we knew, his walkabout among the Freman Tusken may be a reason.:cwink:

Last edited:
Mandalorian season 2 may have already dropped the major clue to that.
When they are discussing hunting the Krayt Dragon (whose skull btw Mando really needs to add as a signet to his other pauldron)

Mando: It lives in an abandoned Sarlacc pit.
Cobb: I’ve lived on Tatooine my whole life- there’s no such thing as an abandoned Sarlacc pit.
Mando: There is if you eat the Sarlacc.

Not suggesting it's the same Krayt, just that they may have hinted (and set up) how Fett could have escaped.
As it's also the episode that then re-introduced Fett.
Hopefully we do get a bit of a flashback to how it went down, and how he joined the Tusken,

Also looks like in his opening shot in the trailer, where the droid gives him his helmet. (Seems the top room in the palace if you compare the curtains in the balcony windows from the exterior shot) in his room there is some kind of open tank.
Maybe that is a Bacta-Tank, where he (sleeps?) and heals his scars, and now grew his eyebrows back!:funny:

5smvj2.gif

I can see this convo having gone down.
Morrison: Do I have to shave my eyebrows every episode?
FavRiguez: Ah, ...let's just put a Bacta-Tank in his bedroom.:word:

I said it before in here but my theory is that Boba somehow sets off his jetpack missile while in the Sarlacc to draw in a nearby Krayt. They fight, he gets sprayed with Krayt Dragon acid splashes during their battle but barely gets out. Has to ditch the armor because of said acid, passes out > coma, Jawa’s salvage armor and he’s out recovering until Mando season 2. Easy Peezy.

Awesome trailer. Doesn’t give away a lot but just enough to get a good idea about what the series will be about. Plus, I’m sure what we saw is from the first 2-3 episodes only

Awesome trailer. Doesn’t give away a lot but just enough to get a good idea about what the series will be about. Plus, I’m sure what we saw is from the first 2-3 episodes only

Absolutely. Just like the Mando trailers. I remember the first ever trailer had us believing he’d be in the brown armor for long while:funny:

Im starting to think all the clips were from episode one.

Looks good but not a fan of honorable Boba at all

Looks good but not a fan of honorable Boba at all
Has he really ever been all that dishonorable though? Jango adhered to a code, and by extension Boba does as well. He's not on the side of good in the OT but tracking Han and capturing him for Jabba is essentially just a job for him. Likewise, him attacking Luke in ROTJ was more trying to protect Jabba since he was his meal ticket than a personal vendetta, even though Boba has no love for Jedi in general. He doesn't really have a dog in any race, he just wants to be paid. Much like Han in A New Hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"