The Brave and the Bold

The Shadow

Civilian
Reaction score
This thread is to discuss the upcoming animated series on Cartoon Network, "The Brave and the Bold". It will be about Batman and he will star a different guest from the DCU every week and will air March 2009. Here's a photo from the series.
Batman_with_Green_Arrow_and_Blue_Beetle.jpg
Guests to appear include
Heroes
Aquaman, The Atom, Batman, Black Canary, Blue Beetle, Doctor Fate, Flash, Green Arrow, The Green Lantern Corps, Huntress, Red Tornado and Plastic Man
Villains
Black Manta, Cavalier, Gentleman Ghost, Gorilla Grodd, Ocean Master. Now feel free to discuss it.:yay:

This thread is to discuss the upcoming animated series on Cartoon Network, "The Brave and the Bold". It will be about Batman and he will star a different guest from the DCU every week and will air March 2009. Here's a photo from the series.
Batman_with_Green_Arrow_and_Blue_Beetle.jpg
Guests to appear include
Heroes
Aquaman, The Atom, Batman, Black Canary, Blue Beetle, Doctor Fate, Flash, Green Arrow, The Green Lantern Corps, Huntress, Red Tornado and Plastic Man
Villains
Black Manta, Cavalier, Gentleman Ghost, Gorilla Grodd, Ocean Master. Now feel free to discuss it.:yay:

didnt they just do that with the last season of the batman???? the picture reminds of the titles for the 60's batman series.

Think I'm going to have to pass. looks a little to kid-friendly for my taste.

didnt they just do that with the last season of the batman???? the picture reminds of the titles for the 60's batman series.
Lol. I thought the same thing. Batman does kinda look like Adam West in the picture. I don't know, I'll give it a shot. I'm excited to see what all heroes and villians they will guest star....
The Shadow Knows!

Haha, bearded Aquaman.

Anyway, I'm passing on this. It looks like it's aimed squarely at kids without even attempting the sort of nuance that allowed B:TAS to be enjoyed by people of all ages. That's fine, of course, but it's not for me.

I think it's time that Batman has a show just for kids, and not trying to appease the geek nation at the same time.

Us geeks already have Batman Begins, Gotham Knight, and The Dark Knight. Actually, I might dig this thing myself as simply a nice fun show.

And I might just retire my Brave and the Bold fanfic segment from the DC Animated Showcase in Fan-Fiction and Films come January.

I thought this show is coming out in the fall?

Anyway, I'm passing on this. It looks like it's aimed squarely at kids without even attempting the sort of nuance that allowed B:TAS to be enjoyed by people of all ages. That's fine, of course, but it's not for me.

Word. :up:

sometimes you just need some fun without having it be too serious. you have to remember the kids will be the fans of tomorrow, if you have serious/dark batman all the time, kids wont be attracted to it. i think it will be fun. i will def be watching it.

B:TAS had a mix of serious and lighthearted moments. The best of all fiction is the kind that can appeal to all ages.

the art kind of reminds me of 'clone wars.'

The art in the first promo pic reminds me more of Ren & Stimpy. That could just be because of Blue Beetle, though. Damn, BB looks goofy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"