Deadpool 2 The Brianna Hildebrand/Negasonic Teenage Warhead Thread

There's no Wipeman in the comics.

I'm aware. There was no Coulson in the comics either and yet I liked him just fine as well. You do realize superhero movies and TV shows creating original characters who weren't necessarily in the original source material has literally been a thing forever, right?

That's kinda how Harley Quinn, one of the most famous comic characters on the planet right now, got her start.

I'm aware. There was no Coulson in the comics either and yet I liked him just fine as well. You do realize superhero movies and TV shows creating original characters who weren't necessarily in the original source material has literally been a thing forever, right?

That's kinda how Harley Quinn, one of the most famous comic characters on the planet right now, got her start.

When other cb characters that Fox adapted were wasted in the big screen and the other more interesting characters have yet to appear and shine then no. If You searched a thread in which X-Men characters from the comics people want to see in the film before Deadpool came out, I doubt you would be seeing Negasonic.

And yes, Coulson wasn't from the comics but how many made up for film characters did the mcu have introduced since then?

If You searched a thread in which X-Men characters from the comics people want to see in the film before Deadpool came out, I doubt you would be seeing Negasonic.

And yet she's in the movie anyway. Because like I said, it doesn't matter.

And yes, Coulson wasn't from the comics but how many made up for film characters did the mcu have introduced since then?

The Other from The Avengers. Darcy and Selvig from the Thor movies. Trevor and the kid from Iron Man 3. Luis and Scott's other friends from Ant-Man. And if we get into the MCU TV shows then you also have a huge chunk of characters like Pops and Bobby Fish in Luke Cage, Dinah and her partner in The Punisher, a bunch of the characters in Jessica Jones, the nerdy scientist girl in Inhumans, Nico's sister in Runaways, pretty much the entire original cast of Agents of SHIELD except for Coulson and Quake, and so on.

It's something comic adaptations do quite literally all the time. If you don't like it you're a few decades too late, I'm afraid.

X-23 as well.

And Jimmy Olsen, who originated in the Superman radio show.

Last edited:
And yet she's in the movie anyway. Because like I said, it doesn't matter.

It doesn't mater It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter.well guess what this is a message board and I doubt Fox is reading every posts for our posts to "matter".

I am here voicing out my opinion, and Yes I prefer to see characters that came from the comics and be utilized in the films so the public would get to know them, to transcend to a bigger audience in which they likely won't if they are just in the comics. Characters that deserve or need to appear in the films. Instead of characters like tnw, that the writers probably didn't see as a character from comics that needed to be adapted.

Characters that deserve or need to appear in the films. Instead of characters like tnw, that the writers probably didn't see as a character from comics that needed to be adapted.

Well, all I can say is thankfully the people in charge thought different, since people seem to have come away liking the character.

That character could have been Cannonball or Armor and could have been written as well and received by the public as well and Fox would have portrayed another character from the comics well. Only difference would be at least they would have given it to a character that deserved it more and didn't require Marvel's approval for the drastic change.

You just opened a can of Worms with that comment.

You obviously you haven't read the comics and have only seen the movies to make that comment. Psylocke isn't an obscure character in the X-Men lore, that's why Fox got criticism for her role in Apocalypse. Go ahead say that in Marvel Comics section and let's see what kind of reaction you would get. Beyond the comics, Psylocke have also appeared in X-Men Legends, Marvel.Ultimate Alliance 2, X-Men Children of the Atom, Deadpool the videogame, Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men the animated series, Mutant Academy 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Marvel Super Heroes, Lego Super Heroes to name a few. She will also return in Dark Phoenix.

You are way misinformed.

How do we go from "this character isn't relevant enough to appear in films" to "you haven't read enough comic books"? Please tell me how you made that completely incorrect correlation because I'm dying to know.

Psylocke is very much an obscure character. Ask your average person if they know who Iron Man is or hell, at this point, even someone like Scarlet Witch. They'll say yes with no hesitation. Ask them if they know who Psylocke is and you're bound to get a blank stare followed by "who is that?"

The only one who is misinformed is you, because clearly you believe that because hardcore comic book fans are aware of a character that it negates their obscurity.

Next you're going to tell me characters like Jonny Frost aren't obscure either, even though the only people who know about the character are *wait for it* hardcore comic book fans.

Your entire argument is invalid. You believe Negasonic shouldn't have been included because she is an obscure character that a lot of people didn't know about prior to Deadpool when this has been a regular occurrence that has allowed a great many characters to flourish and achieve higher popularity. If the studios followed your narrative, characters like Captain America, Ant-Man, Thor, Black Widow and so on would've never achieved the mainstream popularity they currently have. And now, Negasonic is also far more popular due to appearing in the film, hence why she's returning with likely an even larger role than before.

What was your argument again?

How do we go from "this character isn't relevant enough to appear in films" to "you haven't read enough comic books"? Please tell me how you made that completely incorrect correlation because I'm dying to know.

Psylocke is very much an obscure character. Ask your average person if they know who Iron Man is or hell, at this point, even someone like Scarlet Witch. They'll say yes with no hesitation. Ask them if they know who Psylocke is and you're bound to get a blank stare followed by "who is that?"

The only one who is misinformed is you, because clearly you believe that because hardcore comic book fans are aware of a character that it negates their obscurity.

Next you're going to tell me characters like Jonny Frost aren't obscure either, even though the only people who know about the character are *wait for it* hardcore comic book fans.

Your entire argument is invalid. You believe Negasonic shouldn't have been included because she is an obscure character that a lot of people didn't know about prior to Deadpool when this has been a regular occurrence that has allowed a great many characters to flourish and achieve higher popularity. If the studios followed your narrative, characters like Captain America, Ant-Man, Thor, Black Widow and so on would've never achieved the mainstream popularity they currently have. And now, Negasonic is also far more popular due to appearing in the film, hence why she's returning with likely an even larger role than before.

outside of comics psylocke has never been well know.she appeared on 2 episodes of 90's x-men anmated show and 1 of wolverine and the X-men.
and she wasn't x-man in eather.

NTW was obscure character but people liked her in deadpool hence more in deadpool 2.just like people like x-23 in logan and that is why there had been plans for solo film.

That's on Mbj for not looking at the two posts saying you're making things up before posting. That being said, I'll re-post what I said:

That being said, I'm not opposed to them even making up characters provided they're used interestingly in ways that support the story.

Give me Goldballs, or give me death!!!

From what I can gather of the argument, is that only certain level of characters that are known should show up on screen.

With that attitude, we never would've gotten the Blade films. Or the Legion show. New creations are great.

Sinead looks great. Can't wait to see her with more to do.

Again I was referring to the X-Men lore. Psylocke isn't an obscure X-Men character in the X-Men lore. Read the source material.

Stop stating the obvious.

No.

With that attitude, we never would've gotten the Blade films. Or the Legion show. New creations are great.

I remember some dufus on Twitter who was railing against Legion for months and falling into the similar trap of complaining about how he was too obscure for a TV show while listing several other characters or concepts who were supposedly more deserving that would've been just as obscure to the audience.

This whole ''there are other characters that deserve it more than another characters'' talk is nonsense. :funny:

She was awesome in the first film and looks great in the X uniform in the trailer. Look forward to seeing more of her.

No.

I remember some dufus on Twitter who was railing against Legion for months and falling into the similar trap of complaining about how he was too obscure for a TV show while listing several other characters or concepts who were supposedly more deserving that would've been just as obscure to the audience.

I remember early rumors of Rogue being in Legion. Which, clearly Syd could've been in early versions of the script. Thankfully, the switched it up. I love all the new creations in Legion.

I think the X-universe is ripe for creation of new characters, in addition to using really, really obscure characters in new ways or as in inspiration.

This whole ''there are other characters that deserve it more than another characters'' talk is nonsense. :funny:

It truly is. Instead of discussing the character, we're discussing her obscurity and how that somehow disqualifies her from live action appearances. Wut? :o

Your opinion. That shouldn't invalidate my own opinions just because you think its nonsense. Since when you became the judge here of what is nonsense or not? Unlike you, some people actually read the comics and have a preference on which characters should appear in the films first and who should get a more important role.

And Teenage Negasonic Warhead is from the comics. You are comparing an apple to oranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"