• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Bruce Wayne Chronicles?

blake

Civilian
Reaction score
After watching Smallville, I thought it could be interesting to have a series like that about Batman.
It would basically centre on the years before Bruce Wayne became Batman and would show him travelling the world acquiring crime fighting skills.
Batman's mythology is big enough for stories like that. What do you think?

brilliant, 5 years ago wants its genius idea back

plus, it'd end up on the talentless hands of Gough and Millar, so it'd most likely suck.

This was going to be a series and then it stopped due to Batman Begins dude.

So don't know if you came up with it thinking it was new or what, but- the guys behind Smallville left Batman for Superman.

Not so.
From what I've heard, the guy who originally came up with the 'Young Bruce Wayne" show wrote a two-parter script called smallville. Here a young Clark Kent would annoy him, and follow him everywhere, and every danger from him is misteriously averted.
But the development halted where the original creator and Warner got into a fight over casting (Warner wanted to go with 30 something models, and hotties, which didn't sit well with the writer's idea of casting actual teenagers) So he left and took the idea with him. So, they eypanded the Smallville two parter instead. Or at least that's how the online legend goes.

I wouldn't have made it a series though. Just a mini-series. It's not exactly food for a multiple-season television show.

I wouldn't have made it a series though. Just a mini-series. It's not exactly food for a multiple-season television show.

Actually, if he's traveling the world the slow way (cars, boats, trains, walking), that could take a couple of years.

Good point. Still, wouldn't see more in it than one season.

Good point. Still, wouldn't see more in it than one season.

They've already milked 6 seasons out of Smallville, I'm sure they could do the same with Batman, wait sorry Bruce Wayne, you'd probably get a no tights, no batmobile/batarang rule for this show.

I actually think Bruce Wayne's travels and training have alot more potential for stories than Superman's teenage years. First of all, when you're traveling the world like that, you have alot more chances for adventures than if you stay in one town. Could show Bruce learning to survive on his own and find his place in the world, and maybe get caught up some trouble along the way.

As interesting as it might have been, people want to see Batman and his villains, not some young globe-trottting millionaire. They could make that a different show.

I disagree. You could have said no one wants to watch a Superman show with no Superman, but Smallville is a hit. Good writing, talented cast and good marketing go a long way.

no, thank you. and smallville is'nt that great imo.(rehashed plotlines,bad storylines,lazy storylines,and lame characterization) does'nt merit a good show. maybe the first 2-3 seasons,not now.

I disagree. You could have said no one wants to watch a Superman show with no Superman, but Smallville is a hit. Good writing, talented cast and good marketing go a long way.

Good writing and a talented cast? Ahahahaha:huh: :down

Marketing is great though.:up:

Good writing and a talented cast? Ahahahaha:huh: :down

Marketing is great though.:up:

Plus, now that we've had Brainiac, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Bizarro, Martian Manhunter, the Justice League, and 20 different kinds of Kryptonite, it's basically Superman without the costume.

Exactly. And now we're getting Supergirl in the new season.:rolleyes:

^Hey I never said Smallville retained their quality. I did add on the "Good marketing" point :) lol

Never got the Smallville hate. The only bad eggs are Welling and Kreuk. The rest of the cast is actually really good. As for the writing...yeah, they've gotta stop milking that love story. The show probably would work BETTER if Clark and Lana would just get together and STAY together and be the it couple instead of this tormented emo crap.

That said, Bruce Wayne's adventures would be far more interesting. He could have his own, all new rogues gallery for the show consisting of mobsters and ninjas...or chinese triad mobster ninjas. His gadgets can still play a role but instead be traditional oriental weapons. The show wouldn't require as large a budget and it would be a good excuse for martial arts action.

The show wouldn't require as large a budget and it would be a good excuse for martial arts action.

I don't know about the lower budget when you take the 'travelling around the world' aspect into account. But I'm no expert on such matters. I'd be like "Alias" without the trips back home. Or the recurring supporting cast.

Come to think of it, would there be other regulars on the show besides Bruce and Alfred (maybe)?

Just introduce Bruce Wayne in Smallville, that would be easier.

I don't know about the lower budget when you take the 'travelling around the world' aspect into account. But I'm no expert on such matters. I'd be like "Alias" without the trips back home. Or the recurring supporting cast.

Come to think of it, would there be other regulars on the show besides Bruce and Alfred (maybe)?
Well that's what really good sets are for. I don't think the Smallville cast and crew actually went to china for that one episode, did they? Good sets can do wonders. Just look at any of Joss Whedon's shows.

Richard Dragon should definately work his way into the show. Maybe as a rival or something. Lady Shiva can be a villain as well but maybe worked into one of his love interests. With what was done for Smallville, Ra's al Ghul and Talia Head would definately be worked in. It's mainly the dark street level characters that I can see being worked in. I wouldn't be suprised to see The Question guest star (which would actually be pretty cool. Time inconsistencies be damned!).

As much as I would like to see a Bruce Wayne tv-show, sometimes I wouldn't. I liked Smallville the first few seasons, but after awhile it got stale. This should be the last season for the show. A bruce Wayne show that is limited to 4 0r 5 seasons, if it doesn't then like Smallville it will just drag on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"