The Cage Powered Ghost Rider: SoV Box Office poll!

Microchip

Gettin my applesauce back
Reaction score
Hear ye hear ye! With our movie debuting in theatres everywhere JUST NEXT WEEK, I think it's time we all officially weigh in on how much this bad boy will make!

Now, this is for the ENTIRE DOMESTIC THEATRICAL RUN, so we aren't factoring in DVD sales, or worldwide sales. We can follow the fun on sites like Box Office Mojo. Now vote!

Ghost-Rider-Spirit-of-Vengeance.jpg

I say it will make about 85-90 million, so I voted for $71,000,000-$90,000,000.

Last edited:
I say it will make about 85-90 million, so I voted for $71,000,000-$91,000,000.
I agree that seems about right but who knows maybe the movie could pull in 100 mill :woot: wishfull thinking of course.

I agree that seems about right but who knows maybe the movie could pull in 100 mill :woot: wishfull thinking of course.

That's what I'm hoping for, anything over 100 million would be great. :woot:

I want Ghost Rider to have an animated series one day and he certainly won't get one with unsuccessful movies.

I think we'll know how it'll do after the opening weekend. Movies that don't do well critically generally don't have very good legs. Although, I guess it technically COULD still do well on RT... I just don't see it!

I think we'll know how it'll do after the opening weekend. Movies that don't do well critically generally don't have very good legs. Although, I guess it technically COULD still do well on RT... I just don't see it!

I'm just hoping for 40% or above, this film's directors aren't none for making critically acclaimed movies but I'm ok with that.

The directors are known for making ridiculous, stupid, over-the-top movies... but sometimes they do end up fresh on RT. If it's above 40% I'd be super happy. If it is somehow fresh, even at 60%, I will learn how to do a backflip and then do one. I'm expecting somewhere between 20 and 30 :(

N/T's movies have two fresh scores and Gamer has a score of 30 on RT. So maybe we'll get a score in the high 40s or mid 50s

Somebody's gotta vote for 91 Million +

lol

Which movies are those?

True

Both Cranks are fresh, Gamer is in the 30s I think and although they wrote the terrible, terrible Jonah Hex (which hopefully this movie isn't at all like) they didn't direct it.

Both Cranks are fresh, Gamer is in the 30s I think and although they wrote the terrible, terrible Jonah Hex (which hopefully this movie isn't at all like) they didn't direct it.

Yeah they wrote it, but it had been through several other writers and they were given the job at the last minute.

I think this movie will resonate with the foreign market more than domestic. On the facebook page, I'd say 90% + of the comments are from non-Americans.

Their original script for Jonah Hex was awesome. It was severely butchered though. WB tried to make Hex into a PG-13 superhero movie set in the wild west. Which is the dumbest thing ever.

I think this will make around 80 million WW.

I Guess I'm the less optimistic here but I do think it will do less than Denzel Washington flick the past friday (which did 13,5 M).

I don't have a good feeling for this movie in term of doing big bucks at the box office.

I think it will be some sort of "cult" hit on DVD/Blu Ray only (if the movie is anything as good as Crank).

Yea I think "cult hit" is gonna be what this movie is. It's a B-movie, it won't ever be a big mainstream hit.

Also if you're wondering why foreigners are talking a lot about it, it s also because it is getting released in the following countries earlier than in the USA and Canada :

"Country Date
Australia 13th February 2012
Belgium 15th February 2012
France 15th February 2012
Netherlands 16th February 2012
Thailand 16th February 2012"

I do live in France right now so i m ready this Wednesday (and avoiding the "valentine's day movies like the plague).

Not many people talk about it here to be honest, it's like nobody knows it will get released in theaters in 48 hours...

Ah oui, mais will the movie be en anglais? Or do they generally dub over there? Because no matter what language it starts/finishes in, dubbing sucks. Subtitles are way better.

Nice new interview on the homepage. Interesting video. I'm really curious as to what the interviewer's thoughts were on the movie.

N/T asked him if he liked the movie and he said, "I kinda did." :D

Nice new interview on the homepage. Interesting video. I'm really curious as to what the interviewer's thoughts were on the movie.

N/T asked him if he liked the movie and he said, "I kinda did." :D
haha yeah, I saw that. The interviewer also sounded like a huge goof though. Worst laugh ever.

Box Office Mojo predictions...

4-Day Weekend Forecast (Feb. 17-20)
1. Ghost Rider 2 - $34.5 million
2. Safe House - $26.1 million (-35%)
3. The Vow - $23.9 million (-42%)
4. Journey 2 - $22.8 million (-17%)
5. This Means War - $19.7 million
-. Arrietty - $6.9 million

Bar for Success
Even though it is arriving five years after a poorly-received original, the Ghost Rider sequel still needs to retain a good portion of the first movie's audience to justify its existence—$40 million for the four-day weekend would be a very healthy start.

So we're hoping for a $40 million start this weekend.

Be aware the movie has been totally panned by both critics and moviegoers alike here in Europe...

Not many people went to see it despsite a cold and rainy weather, and it's already considered getting taken out of the few theaters he has been released it.

It's an epic failure here and I totally doubt it will ever get a third chance so enjoy it while it lasts !

As far as I'm concerned, it's the crank of The Ghost Rider Universe.

It's absolutely silly and something cringeworthy (ex : lambert and his tattooed monks are beyond ridiculous and the devil is totally crap looking and acting), but GR acting like he is Scorpion from MK (get over here !) and kicking an awful lot of asses was worth it to me.

Disappointed in his fights with Blackout though, could have been so much more...

Looks and plays more like a Z movie than a B most of the time.

Looks like we aren't going to get that hopeful $40 million opening... and maybe not even Box Office Mojo's predicted $35.

It could be a 2nd or 3rd place debut...

But Sony, which is looking at a 1-2 finish Friday, is cautioning me that the opening gross for its 3D comic book adaptation Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance “could go higher as the night goes on”. So the order might change by Saturday morning. (But probably not, or so the rest of Hollywood predicts. “Ghost Rider‘s opening will be half of the 2007 original,” a rival studio exec tells me. Snarks another: “Once they started advertising it with Nic Cage, it went downhill.”) This weekend, Universal’s action holdover Safe House is expected to battle Ghost Rider 2 for second place all holiday long.

Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance 3D (Sony) NEW [3,174 Theaters]
Est Friday $7M, Est 4-day Holiday $25M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"